• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandon Phillips is an awesome teammate

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just feel like they didn’t have to sign Joey (Votto) to that contract (10-year, $225-million extension). He still had two more years on his. And for (the front office) to go out there and sign him before they sign me, and they knew I was going to be a free agent?... It’s a nice slap in the face.

Y! SPORTS

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just said what Jayson Werth was thinking in 2010

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I agree that was a dick move on his part, but I was surprised to see that Votto had been signed until he's 40. He's a great player, but I still believe those last couple years to him and Pujols are going to be ridiculous. I think Phillips was just being honest, which in my opinion is not always the best thing to do. If the Reds told Phillips the reason they offered him 6 years 72 million was because they didn't have any more money then they really should have been honest and told him he is not worth any more than that. (which he's not)

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is strange not having to type "d.ick" move

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they didn't put any effort into signing him.. or they offered him weak cash, i could see his point. but who cares which order the signings went? they locked up votto just like they locked up him. so is it a slap in the face now every time they sign a guy whose contract isn't expiring that same year?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't tell me Cedrique, you couldn't type the word "dick" over at ESPN?? That does it. Those sonasabitches are so PC'd over there, it makes me wanna puke!!!! I guess you couldn't type penis, vagina, pussy, shit, asshole, damn, sonofabitch, etc., either... ...WTH!!!! I swear, if I ever get back over there, I am gonna give them a piece of my freakin mind!! They have been hijacked by a bunch of PC lard-ass flaming dykes. Damn wussies!!!

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't tell me Cedrique, you couldn't type the word "dick" over at ESPN?? That does it. Those sonasabitches are so PC'd over there, it makes me wanna puke!!!! I guess you couldn't type penis, vagina, pussy, shit, asshole, damn, sonofabitch, etc., either... ...WTH!!!! I swear, if I ever get back over there, I am gonna give them a piece of my freakin mind!! They have been hijacked by a bunch of PC lard-ass flaming dykes. Damn wussies!!!

Actually to be fair I think dick was ok. It's just that so many other words were banned that you'd get in the habit of separating anything even remotely questionable with a period like that. I was always amazed at the posts they deleted too. Things that I thought were completely harmless would get erased and other things that I would type that I was sure would be censored in some way would go through. Also, the word douche didn't fly either.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Progeriakid. Yea Bastardo has already been mentioned on one of these Philly threads. The whole sorted affair over on ESPN is insane. That is why SportsHoopla, the BEST DAMN SPORTS TALK SITE on the Web is here.

Welcome to the Phillies pages. I presume you found us from the ESPN fiasco. I am one of the mods here at SportsHoopla. Fordman84 and Powerchord86 are your mods here on the Philly pages. If you have any questions you'll find them around. Many of us came from the SeeBS pages so we all know the refugee routine. There is plenty here for your enjoyment.

Once you get past the 25 post mark in posts, additional benefits are available to you and they will be found under the "UserCP" menu bar at the top of any page on the left.

Here are a few rules that are non-negotiable and they are as follows.

We don't take kindly to trollin (which I am sure none you are) and we don't like a-holes either (of which I am sure none of you are). Nudity in avitars is unacceptable. You can put scantly clad ladies in your avi's but no nudes.

Any unnecessary and unwarranted baiting of other posters through viscous personal attacks that become a pattern of behavior that is not conducive to fair sports talk banter WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. We have a few cantankerous folks here but by and large they engage in passionate delivery of their points of view and do not engage in personal attacks that are viscous.

You can argue all you want and you can can get aggressive with your point of view including swearing, but when that aggression turns toward personal attacks that are excessive and outside of the topic at hand and become a consistent pattern of behavior, you will first receive a warning and your posts maybe edited. After the first warning, if the behavior continues you will be removed from this site. We're are all adults here. I am not in the business of baby sitting anyone.

Also, this rule is SportsHoopla wide, Alt's are not tolerated either. First offense, banishment. Hammer Down doesn't tolerate this AT ALL and neither do I. ALt's are alternative accounts or using another post name or stealing someone else's post name. Don't go down that road if you want to stay here.

So, once again, welcome to the Phillies pages, enjoy yourself, and jump right in on discussing our beloved Phillies.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is it ok to point out that in between pitches, Papelbon looks like he's giving a blowjob to a stick figure?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up with players these days and only caring about money for themselves? Thanks Scott Boras! This was a terrible move by Phillips... Do you think the Reds will resign him after this?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is it ok to point out that in between pitches, Papelbon looks like he's giving a blowjob to a stick figure?

a levitating stick figure, at that

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Cedrique and Number one. I was wondering what the hell he was doing, the dumb douchebag. Now that you mention it, it does look like he's givin head to somebody!!

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yea Cedrique and Number one. I was wondering what the hell he was doing, the dumb douchebag. Now that you mention it, it does look like he's givin head to somebody!!

This was a running joke for Boston fans for a long time. Seriously, it's like he's jerking himself off while blowing the invisible man.

papelbon.jpg

jonathan-papelbon-usp2.jpg

Jonathan-Papelbon-toradol-red-sox-phillies.jpg

jonathan-papelbon.jpg

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea it looks like he's freakin' spanking his or somebody's monkey. Dude, get a different celebration. You look like an idiot doing that chokin' your chicken stuff!!!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Phillips IS an awesome teammate. Who else has driven more teammates in for runs in the N.L this year?

Awesome teammate = a teammate who produces, and not who the best human being is.

IMO anyway.....

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Phillips IS an awesome teammate. Who else has driven more teammates in for runs in the N.L this year?

Awesome teammate = a teammate who produces, and not who the best human being is.

IMO anyway.....

on the field production wise I would agree. But a teammate also has to do it on and OFF the field... imho