• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandon Marshall?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah... and I think our running game will be solid with Penny. Seattle would've likely made the playoffs if we didn't have Blair fuckin' Walsh. He definitely lost us 1 game (against the Skins, with 3 missed field goals where 2 were like in the 30s).

I think we had 11 wins with a league average kicker. The game-losing FG vs Arizona plus the Skins game. And while I can't put the Atlanta loss squarely on him, an NFL kicker should be able to at least not leave a 52 yarder short.

I don't get why everyone is so down on Seattle this year... if I wasn't a fan (bias aside) I'd totally pick them as a dark horse.
They are no longer the trendy pick, and lots of other teams' fans don't like PC. They also have rooting interest in seeing Seattle not be as good. Many fans (and maybe even some "experts") have also decided that the line is going to be bad no matter what we do to it, and it will doom the team.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JMR I have to disagree with you on one point and that is our O-Line. People can downplay the ability of our offensive line under Mike Solari all they want in fact I welcome it. The same goes for the entire team as a whole. All the critics and pundits out there can say we're gonna be a bad team and all this nonsense and my response to them is....KEEP TALKING SHIT; YOU'LL EAT THOSE WORDS WHEN WE MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THIS SEASON. Our team is gonna be better than alot of people give credit for under the new coaching staff. When do the games start?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JMR I have to disagree with you on one point and that is our O-Line. People can downplay the ability of our offensive line under Mike Solari all they want in fact I welcome it. The same goes for the entire team as a whole. All the critics and pundits out there can say we're gonna be a bad team and all this nonsense and my response to them is....KEEP TALKING SHIT; YOU'LL EAT THOSE WORDS WHEN WE MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THIS SEASON. Our team is gonna be better than alot of people give credit for under the new coaching staff. When do the games start?
So what do you disagree with about the OL? I am not saying *I* think they are going to be bad -- just that I have picked up that people not connected to the team already have their minds made up that the moves are not going to work.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do you disagree with about the OL? I am not saying *I* think they are going to be bad -- just that I have picked up that people not connected to the team already have their minds made up that the moves are not going to work.

With the fact that critics out there believe we'll be a really bad team when the fact of the matter is we'll be a much better team after turning over the roster and the coaching staff. Players like Russell Wilson and others on both sides of the ball are excited to play football once again. It's gonna be a fun season I can feel it.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think many talking heads have the Hawks a fringe team, 8-8 9-7 type team. Most of that is based off who they lost. I.E. Bennett, Sherman, Sheldon Richardson, Avril, Graham. They Expect the Defense to not be as good ( will Kam even play 2018? ) and the offense to not be improved which means a not as good team. I can see their thinking but they are ignoring the fact that Bennett didn't make the team better and was only a SHADOW of his former self. They played big stretches with out Kam and Avril also last year meaning lots of snaps from back-ups. Those guys will be better this year ( the back-ups )

Dion Jordan had 4 sacks in 5 games played last season, he will be full go and is a VERY talented player that is getting over looked. To be honest the only person i think they miss on Defense this season might be Sheldon and of course Kam if he can't go. Naz Jones ( 2017 3rd Round ROOKIE ) is also more talented than many are giving him credit for and will be better, They Drafted Green in the 3rd. Some aging stars kept Naz from getting more playing time but we saw flashes from him last season now lets hope he can stay healthy.

The big problem is the aging stars kept most of the playing time away from the young guys so the blind talking heads have no clue how good this team will be. I always laugh when they talk about the talent level on this team because they have NO CLUE what the talent level is for players that played behind Sherman, Richardson, Bennett and Clark because they didn't get on the field all that much. They COULD be better because of the youthful energy they bring.

I believe if the Oline DOES improve under Solari and one of the younger WR takes a step up ( Darboh need to take 15 steps up ) The Offense could be better. The Defense wont be a top 5 Defense but top 10 i think so. They were what not even a top 10 last year as far as total defense goes. I believe they IMPROVE on that even with out some big names IF Kam plays. Defense is Carroll's bread and butter, he will get these guys playing.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to mention Reed also.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our OL will be much more improved... The talking heads are idiots to not think that will be the case... Just having talented RB's alone will make the line better...

LT: Duane Brown traded to us midway through the season played the last 5 games w/ a high ankle sprain... His presence is going to be felt this year

LG: Fluker: he's a great run blocker with a nasty streak... Not sure if he'll play Guard or Tackle but he's an instant upgrade over Joekel...

C: Britt: As solid as they come... He continues to get better each season...

RG Pocic: I'm most excited about him on the OL... He has great potential... He has played both Guard positions so not sure which one he'll play...

RT: Ifedi, Jones or Fant... Ifedi can't be any worse this year, can he? Jury still out on Fant...

I wouldn't be shocked to see our OL look like this:
LT: Brown
LG: Pocic
C: Britt
RG: Ifedi
RT: Fluker

Consider the two blocking TE's we drafted/acquired, our run blocking has no where to go but up...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah... and I think our running game will be solid with Penny. Seattle would've likely made the playoffs if we didn't have Blair fuckin' Walsh. He definitely lost us 1 game (against the Skins, with 3 missed field goals where 2 were like in the 30s).

I don't get why everyone is so down on Seattle this year... if I wasn't a fan (bias aside) I'd totally pick them as a dark horse.

That's because the national media believes Seattle lost double digit all pro players and they can't bounce back from it. That and the Rams signed every player under the sun so of course no team in the NFCW has a chance.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BM presser.
I'm rooting for this guy big time.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if anyone remembers but the Seahawks tried HARD to trade for Brandon Marshall when he was with Denver before Miami came out of nowhere and was able to pull off a deal.

But he is signed to compete for a spot I do not think that he will be given a spot on the team and I think what they are looking for with him is how well he can block as a receiver. To me the Seahawks number 1 objective all offseason was to draft a new RB, change the OL and OC coaches, add a veteran OL player and get back to running the football. The seahawks invested in acquiring these 6 ft+ 200pound+ receivers in Brown, Johnson, Marshall and keeping Darboh so that they can help run block. Not to mention of course getting rid of Graham and Willison and signed Ed Dickson and drafted Will Dissly.

We are going to be running the ball A LOT

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think many talking heads have the Hawks a fringe team, 8-8 9-7 type team. Most of that is based off who they lost. I.E. Bennett, Sherman, Sheldon Richardson, Avril, Graham. They Expect the Defense to not be as good ( will Kam even play 2018? ) and the offense to not be improved which means a not as good team. I can see their thinking but they are ignoring the fact that Bennett didn't make the team better and was only a SHADOW of his former self. They played big stretches with out Kam and Avril also last year meaning lots of snaps from back-ups. Those guys will be better this year ( the back-ups )

Dion Jordan had 4 sacks in 5 games played last season, he will be full go and is a VERY talented player that is getting over looked. To be honest the only person i think they miss on Defense this season might be Sheldon and of course Kam if he can't go. Naz Jones ( 2017 3rd Round ROOKIE ) is also more talented than many are giving him credit for and will be better, They Drafted Green in the 3rd. Some aging stars kept Naz from getting more playing time but we saw flashes from him last season now lets hope he can stay healthy.

The big problem is the aging stars kept most of the playing time away from the young guys so the blind talking heads have no clue how good this team will be. I always laugh when they talk about the talent level on this team because they have NO CLUE what the talent level is for players that played behind Sherman, Richardson, Bennett and Clark because they didn't get on the field all that much. They COULD be better because of the youthful energy they bring.

I believe if the Oline DOES improve under Solari and one of the younger WR takes a step up ( Darboh need to take 15 steps up ) The Offense could be better. The Defense wont be a top 5 Defense but top 10 i think so. They were what not even a top 10 last year as far as total defense goes. I believe they IMPROVE on that even with out some big names IF Kam plays. Defense is Carroll's bread and butter, he will get these guys playing.

I read a report stating that if Kam's body lets him play he'll be back in 2018 but if there's any doubt that his body won't be able to play the full season how he's used to playing he'll either change the way he plays the safety position or walk away from the game entirely.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our OL will be much more improved... The talking heads are idiots to not think that will be the case... Just having talented RB's alone will make the line better...

LT: Duane Brown traded to us midway through the season played the last 5 games w/ a high ankle sprain... His presence is going to be felt this year

LG: Fluker: he's a great run blocker with a nasty streak... Not sure if he'll play Guard or Tackle but he's an instant upgrade over Joekel...

C: Britt: As solid as they come... He continues to get better each season...

RG Pocic: I'm most excited about him on the OL... He has great potential... He has played both Guard positions so not sure which one he'll play...

RT: Ifedi, Jones or Fant... Ifedi can't be any worse this year, can he? Jury still out on Fant...

I wouldn't be shocked to see our OL look like this:
LT: Brown
LG: Pocic
C: Britt
RG: Ifedi
RT: Fluker

Consider the two blocking TE's we drafted/acquired, our run blocking has no where to go but up...
All the talk I have heard regarding the OL and who plays where has Pocic at LG, Fluker at RG, and a competition between Ifedi & Fant at RT. I heard this morning on B&S that it looks like Ifedi has lost 20 pounds and gave it to Pocic.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the fact that critics out there believe we'll be a really bad team when the fact of the matter is we'll be a much better team after turning over the roster and the coaching staff. Players like Russell Wilson and others on both sides of the ball are excited to play football once again. It's gonna be a fun season I can feel it.
I don't know if the team will be better, the same, or worse than last year, but there is a list of things I'm really looking forward to hopefully seeing in the 2018 season. At the top is less politics, more football. Those 3 hours on Sunday in the Fall have always been a nice escape from all the important things in life that dominate pretty much all the rest of the waking hours of my days. Then in 2017 it invaded my football as well, and it sucked big time. I don't care if players want to be politically active, but they don't have a right to protest at work, and they're wrong for pretending that they did and for screwing up my football.

Less loud personalities and more humility will be nice as well. I appreciate how the brashness helped create the SB teams of a few years ago, but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. The bill came due somewhere around 2016, and you just can't have sideline fights, players openly questioning coaches, and team leaders impeding the younger players from buying into PC's philosophy....at least not if you want to win.

The first "inside the lines" item on my list is a better running game. From all accounts in OTAs, it's a good looking RB room. Carson and Penny should be a 1-2 punch good enough to taking some pressure off RW and the defense. I'm hopeful the changes up front allow RW more time in the pocket and blow some holes open for the runners. We just cannot have Russell leading the team in rushing again or being the only one with a red zone rushing TD. I'm confident neither of those things happen in 2018.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he'll either change the way he plays the safety position or walk away from the game entirely.

The first part of that was why I argued he wanted to renegotiate his deal a few years back. Because he knew that with the way he plays, he wasn't going to have a long career. He had a small window to cash in.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then in 2017 it invaded my football as well, and it sucked big time. I don't care if players want to be politically active, but they don't have a right to protest at work, and they're wrong for pretending that they did and for screwing up my football.

Don't look now but football is being used as a political, uh... football by the other side too.

Don't hold your breath. Things are going to get bumpier before they get better.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't look now but football is being used as a political, uh... football by the other side too.

Don't hold your breath. Things are going to get bumpier before they get better.
Very well could be, but I think at least on our team we have less of a political agenda with Bennett gone. Baldwin is still motivated in that way, but I think he's a bit more mature about it. And I really don't care about which side is trying to play political football -- I want it out of my football. One has to wonder why this isn't a thing in the NBA (which has a much more strict anthem policy) or MLB....

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very well could be, but I think at least on our team we have less of a political agenda with Bennett gone. Baldwin is still motivated in that way, but I think he's a bit more mature about it. And I really don't care about which side is trying to play political football -- I want it out of my football. One has to wonder why this isn't a thing in the NBA (which has a much more strict anthem policy) or MLB....

Because a certain orange guy didn't try to buy into the NBA or MLB and got his feewings hurt?

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first part of that was why I argued he wanted to renegotiate his deal a few years back. Because he knew that with the way he plays, he wasn't going to have a long career. He had a small window to cash in.

Yes. A very small window.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because a certain orange guy didn't try to buy into the NBA or MLB and got his feewings hurt?
No, couldnt care less about that. I just want to watch football when I'm watching football.