• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bradford Traded to Vikings

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if that was the plan all along? Do you think they offered Daniel first but the Vikings came back saying "how about Bradford?" and Howie jumped on it, holding back the giggles?

I still think the Vikings are getting a competent QB to run their offense, but they overpaid and I guess they knew they had to because they're in "win now" mode.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens had a top 5 rushing attack and top 5 defense.

Top 5 defense? Yeah. Top 5 rushing attack? Not so fast. While it's true that they finished 1st in rushing attempts, 4th in yards, and 5th in touchdowns, they finished 22nd in yards per carry. But -- they did have a commitment to run the ball and they had talent at RB (McGahee, Rice, and McClain). I'm not sure the Eagles will have that level of commitment and they certainly don't have anyone near McGahee or Rice on their roster.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the Vikings are getting a competent QB to run their offense, but they overpaid and I guess they knew they had to because they're in "win now" mode.

No they didn't. It would have been fucking idiotic for us to give him up for any less. We are trashing our season and every single players' development in this offense. We better get back something useful in return. If they blow the pick, like they have done with so many other late first rounders, the whole thing will be a negative for us. The Vikings are young and deep and Sam can run Norv's O. They also only have a few more years with the best RB ever. A no brainer for them. Zimmer is establishing himself. You don't throw a season away when you can see the top of the mountain.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 defense? Yeah. Top 5 rushing attack? Not so fast. While it's true that they finished 1st in rushing attempts, 4th in yards, and 5th in touchdowns, they finished 22nd in yards per carry. But -- they did have a commitment to run the ball and they had talent at RB (McGahee, Rice, and McClain). I'm not sure the Eagles will have that level of commitment and they certainly don't have anyone near McGahee or Rice on their roster.

Yeah top 5. Hard to get much efficiency when the QB doesn't keep defenses honest.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they didn't. It would have been fucking idiotic for us to give him up for any less. We are trashing our season and every single players' development in this offense. We better get back something useful in return. If they blow the pick, like they have done with so many other late first rounders, the whole thing will be a negative for us. The Vikings are young and deep and Sam can run Norv's O. They also only have a few more years with the best RB ever. A no brainer for them. Zimmer is establishing himself. You don't throw a season away when you can see the top of the mountain.

A first rounder + another conditional isn't overpaying for Bradford?

I think he'll be fine there, but 30 other teams wouldn't make that trade. And we're so happy about it because it was such a great deal for the Eagles.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he'll be fine there, but 30 other teams wouldn't make that trade. And we're so happy about it because it was such a great deal for the Eagles.

They get to use him for 16 games before they even would use the pick. This trade wasn't made in the offseason. It's a different calculation. The Vikings got a free QB in 2016. He's also cheaper for them than all the other starting QBs. It's a deal that may have saved their season after they lost their QB to injury. They are incredibly lucky that we had such a mess of a QB situation.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They get to use him for 16 games before they even would use the pick. This trade wasn't made in the offseason. It's a different calculation. The Vikings got a free QB in 2016. He's also cheaper for them than all the other starting QBs. It's a deal that may have saved their season after they lost their QB to injury. They are incredibly lucky that we had such a mess of a QB situation.

Like I said... desperate. And I think you're overestimating the number of games Bradford will play before we use the pick.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I liked Bradford. I would not be surprised if Teddy B. ends up carrying a clipboard behind Bradford if Bradford stays healthy.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the days of injury plagued seasons are behind Sammy. I wish him luck.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the days of injury plagued seasons are behind Sammy. I wish him luck.

I hope he either goes to the Super Bowl this year . . . or wins 2 games and lands us the 1st overall pick. No in-between. Shit or get off the pot, Sammy.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he either goes to the Super Bowl this year . . . or wins 2 games and lands us the 1st overall pick. No in-between. Shit or get off the pot, Sammy.

Wild card playoff exit.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading an article on Minnesota and Bridgewater and I came across this little nugget:

The injury led the Vikings to trade for quarterback Sam Bradford, who set an NFL single-season record by completing 71.6 percent of his passes.

That really changes my view on the value of completion percentage.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think completion percentage is one of a number of good indicators for QB performance, it's just that outliers on either end are both bad for different reasons. Low is just general incompetence, too high is over-avoidance of risk.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading an article on Minnesota and Bridgewater and I came across this little nugget:

The injury led the Vikings to trade for quarterback Sam Bradford, who set an NFL single-season record by completing 71.6 percent of his passes.

That really changes my view on the value of completion percentage.

Behind that wretchedly pathetic OLine that is truly remarkable. Bradford stayed healthy as well. Another feat.