• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blackhawks @ Kings

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impressive 3rd period melt down.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That was an absolute team effort to rip defeat from the jaws of victory. Doughty and Pearson penalties. Forbort clear. Muzzin not putting in that 4th goal into an empty net. A few others.

Today was Tip-a-King too, so Doughty et al. had to stay and meet the fans post game. I bet that was interesting.

Blackhawks just got their 3rd win in 14 and snapped a 7 game losing streak on the road.

But it's one game after all is said and done. 16 left to make a push. Just played 11 games in 19 days so that's the deal. Really gotta fix these 1st periods though.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Epic meltdown. Reminded me of the Tampa Bay game where they scored 4 in the first and it was over but this time in reverse.

This team is last in the league in goals allowed in the first period and it's an area that needs major work, happened yet again. I don't know why this team isn't prepared from the drop of the puck, they do pick it up in the second and especially third but that is one hell of a hard way to win games when you are constantly playing from behind and having to counteract the flow of the game because you allowed the other team to dictate it from the get go.

Doughty...love him, think he is the best defender in the NHL hands down, love that he is fiery and emotional - reminds me of me in my prime as a player. However, I have never felt he deserved an A on his jersey for that reason as well, just like many times in my youth I didn't either because I was known as a guy who went over the top and hurt my teams at times. That changed for me in my 20s and I learned how to reign it in, turn it on, and when to do it by evaluating the situation. The difference is I am not a pro and not getting paid $7 million a season.

He did not, the Kings have the lead and are on their heels to start the third and he takes a stupid ass Unsportsmanlike because of a bad call the ref made (and it was - the guy was going down anyway). But if you're being counted on to hold the fort knowing that the season is winding down and every point is critical to the end of the season you bite your tongue and do your time.

I'm very glad Stevens called him out on it in the post game and also said they have talked to him so it is a concern, he has gained a reputation as a whiner and baby boy when he disagrees with the call. I also think the bogus call on Pearson was retribution for Doughty's actions earlier but he has really turned it up a notch this season with the whining after bad or questionable calls. It's embarrassing for a player of his caliber.

He is no longer 22, he is a 10 year veteran and should know better. Kopitar, Carter, Quick and Brown need to take this guy out to dinner and beers and have a solid heart to heart with him because he is hurting the team when he acts like that.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not panicking
Hopefully the team and especially Drew can learn from this.
The refs were waiting for Drew to explode. It was stupid of him.
I don't think we will see baby Drew for a while.
I mean it is great that he has passion but if they miss the playoffs by 2 points , everyone will point ( unfairly) to this game

LoCal Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night gives credence to folks who argue DD isn't the best D man in NHL. He undoubtedly should be considered the best. But the uncontrolled outbursts cloud what should be an absolutely clear picture.

C'mon Drew, we know it's incredibly tough. But take a deep breath and re-focus the energy.