• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blackhawks 2016-17 Season Thread

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oduya to the Hawks for McNeill and a conditional 4th. Hard not to like this, gave up nothing for someone who already knows the system and can push for a top 6 role.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oduya to the Hawks for McNeill and a conditional 4th. Hard not to like this, gave up nothing for someone who already knows the system and can push for a top 6 role.

I want the kids to play, but after hearing that Dallas is also paying half his remaining salary, what the hell do they see in Mark McNeil that the hawks are missing. I know he is a two way guy, could play a point on the power play, but its really hard to not wonder what is wrong with Oduya.

The hawks did put hammer on the injured list as well.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors floating around that the Hawks are still looking to add another bottom 6 forward.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oduya will not be in the lineup tonight.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oduya expecting to miss two more games. Anisimov is out for tonight, Panarin is questionable, upper body or illness I heard, but instead of recalling Vinnie, the hawks recalled Glass.

dont know what this means. Crow is supposed to start tonight, that would mean Darling is also a scratch or is Glass going to play wing?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darling injured in morning skate, upper body, three weeks.

Was hoping to see Schmaltz between Kane and Panarin, sounds like he is sick.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Hayden To Play During Upcoming Road Trip

They do have a track record of getting a few games for the guys that sign, seems like a signing bonus deal and then they spend the next year in Rockford. This kid is big enough to not fall into the 180 pound group, and Ottawa should be a good game for him to start his career, but he really can only go fourth line now with Kane, Hossa and Hartman pretty much set on the top 3 lines on the right side right? I can see them putting Hartman on the fourth, but that would put Hayden on with Toews.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Hayden will be producing enough offense in the NHL to be a guy that HAS to play on the right side. I imagine they'll slide him over to the left, or even 3C or 4C. He was drafted as a center.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Hayden will be producing enough offense in the NHL to be a guy that HAS to play on the right side. I imagine they'll slide him over to the left, or even 3C or 4C. He was drafted as a center.
yeah, I was a little surprised he was not getting center ice time with Anisimov out, maybe if there was a little breathing room last night. I like Schmaltz at center too though, so I am guessing Krueger will go unprotected this summer.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anybody see part 2 and 3 of :17 seconds yesterday? Hate that offsides call taking all the momentum from Colorado and putting them in their cant win, but it was still exciting and Panarin almost put in a fourth almost 17 seconds after.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hartman starting at 2C tonight, Schmaltz taking his place at LW3. I didn't see the Vancouver game but read that this flip flop seemed to have started at some point during that game.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I likes Schmaltz with Kane and Panarin, he provides the D needed in the middle and makes the right pass and just heads to the net, but I also like Hartman willing to drop the gloves when he is on the ice with Kane and Panarin.

Just awful last night on bouncy ice in Florida. With Minny on the kids and the west pretty much locked up, they seemed to lose some focus.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see who they protect or what deal is worked out. You know Vegas is going to have to move some of the players they pick for draft picks and prospects to get an organizational team going to fill the roster during the season, so I am not really too concerned over the core all needing to be protected. It will come down to Panarin, Hartman, Panik and Krueger as far as protection, and we know they are constantly trying to replace Krueger, this time with Kero. One more year of Teuvo here though could have locked him up for Vegas and saved everyone else. I would not doubt that Bowmans might trade prospects back to Vegas to get someone back to put us back in the salary cap black hole again. But I seriously think Krueger is going to get dealt even if he is not drafted.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I seriously think Krueger is going to get dealt even if he is not drafted.

Do you think they can trade him straight up for another asset, or will they have to add a sweetener to the deal to move him like they had to do with Bickell?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think they can trade him straight up for another asset, or will they have to add a sweetener to the deal to move him like they had to do with Bickell?

I am thinking its going to be a lite return. but then again, they cant hold on to Pokka and the big Sved forever either. Look at the list of the guys already waiting in the wings. Vinnie, Hayden, the OHL kids, still think they have big plans for Jurco, while the Jury is out for Motte. Fortin is a point per game guy in Canada. I am fine with Kempy and Forsling moving up next year to replace Campbell and Oduya.

So I guess there are sweeteners left over if needed.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still think they have big plans for Jurco, .

Think he has a legit chance to be the 7th protected forward after Toews, Kane, Anisimov, Hossa, Hartman and Panik? Looking at the roster from the link above, I guess it really comes down to him or Kruger and, while I like Kruger, I like him a lot less at $3 mil per. I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade before the expansion draft that brings in another cheap forward worth protecting.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then there's this possibility. Although this particular source isn't reliable, the concept still has potential.

"Just talked to a source regarding the potential goalies available this offseason and he insists that Corey Crawford could be available via trade or possibly in the expansion draft. This could change the entire Landscape for the goalie market which could already be crowded with Mark Andre Fleury, Steve Mason and Ben Bishop available."