• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

biggest mistake of the decade for the skins

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also don't see signing Haynesworth as hurting the team except in Dan's wallet. I guess you could count the loss of money when Allen tried to payoff the contract and then that money was lost off of the cap but that was on Allen.

Cousin's is yet to be determined. Three years from now we will know if that was a big blunder or not. coach just doesn't get or doesn't want to get that what happened this year with Cousin's not signing was a result of the two previous years. It is done now and the only thing left to do is root for Smith.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Burton and Jeron Johnson sucked.

I think Culliver caught a bad injury break though.

Culliver did catch a bad break far as injuries go, tore both his MCL and ACL in his right knee and injured his shoulder. He also got rolled monetary-wise as that shit he got caught up in while in Frisco. Led to him being suspended in week 2 against St Louis. That in turn activated contract clauses that voided about 5.5 mill of the 16 mill guaranteed he originally signed for. If the Redskins cut him by a certain date which they did.

Man back then it seems we had an abundance of up n coming, capable DBs.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes if we make the playoffs this year the right move next year is cerrto free agents load the fuck up and draft good stay ahead of other teams don' let them catch up

Sigh. How soon we forget. You might want to take a look at the 1999 and 2000 Redskins. Apparently Snyder was "enlightened" by the exact same idea you just touched on. If you can't or don't want to remember. The 2000 season was terrible for the Skins in numerous ways and the stockpile of over the hill, past their prime FAs that Snyder loaded up on didn't do diddly

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also don't see signing Haynesworth as hurting the team except in Dan's wallet. I guess you could count the loss of money when Allen tried to payoff the contract and then that money was lost off of the cap but that was on Allen.

Cousin's is yet to be determined. Three years from now we will know if that was a big blunder or not. coach just doesn't get or doesn't want to get that what happened this year with Cousin's not signing was a result of the two previous years. It is done now and the only thing left to do is root for Smith.

hate the media.

They did not have the Skins back over this textbook collusion, yet they are carrying pitchforks claiming a collusion for a 30+ year old quarterback with a 3-16 record over his last 19 games.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hate the media.

They did not have the Skins back over this textbook collusion, yet they are carrying pitchforks claiming a collusion for a 30+ year old quarterback with a 3-16 record over his last 19 games.

Maybe the Redskins didn't deserve anyone having their back. NFL warned teams “at least six times” about not dumping salary in uncapped year

As for Keap. Is he a half-ass decent starting QB in the NFL today? I can't see it. Could he be a capable back up QB? Probably. I read the reason a deal with the Seahawks and Keap didn't get done is because Keap wanted more money than the Seahawks were willing to pay a back up QB.

And I'll file this under the if "All things being equal." category. I'd rather have Keap as a back up on my roster than Griffin.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Redskins didn't deserve anyone having their back. NFL warned teams “at least six times” about not dumping salary in uncapped year

As for Keap. Is he a half-ass decent starting QB in the NFL today? I can't see it. Could he be a capable back up QB? Probably. I read the reason a deal with the Seahawks and Keap didn't get done is because Keap wanted more money than the Seahawks were willing to pay a back up QB.

And I'll file this under the if "All things being equal." category. I'd rather have Keap as a back up on my roster than Griffin.

Yes they were warned, but doesn’t that prove collusion? How can you enforce a salary cap without a CBA without it?

Who knows on Kap? I do know he has refused at least that Seahawks contract because he wanted more money.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they were warned, but doesn’t that prove collusion? How can you enforce a salary cap without a CBA without it?

I can't call it. I thought the purpose, or at least a purpose, of going with the uncapped year. Was for teams to unburden themselves of some of their unwanted monetary cap expenses. I guess the Skins did too much unburdening. What had me believing the Skins did something they shouldn't have. Was their lack of a fight concerning the matter.

Who knows on Kap? I do know he has refused at least that Seahawks contract because he wanted more money.

Yeah, I can't call it on Kap either, but to hazard a guess. I'll opine that Kap is digging his ride as one of the newest stars on the SJW circuit and playing football has become a secondary thing.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't call it. I thought the purpose, or at least a purpose, of going with the uncapped year. Was for teams to unburden themselves of some of their unwanted monetary cap expenses. I guess the Skins did too much unburdening. What had me believing the Skins did something they shouldn't have. Was their lack of a fight concerning the matter.

Yeah, I can't call it on Kap either, but to hazard a guess. I'll opine that Kap is digging his ride as one of the newest stars on the SJW circuit and playing football has become a secondary thing.

If I remember this correctly the media was fixated on Mike Rice, Rutgers basketball coach, being mean to his players and yelling at his players.... I see nothing has changed in 2018

This also happened around the same time as the bountygate suspensions.

If you dont think the media drives action I dont know what to tell you. If the media didnt hate the Redskins because of Snyder and their name, and had a lull in news stories they would have been "outraged" for the Skins and the textbook collusion.

I always did wonder why Snyder didnt pursue it with lawyers. Al Davis would have sued the hell out of the NFL. Then again Snyder is a generational owner in all of sports when it comes to incompetence.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1- RG3

2- not signing KC long term when we should have.

3- signing Haynesworth

This is accurate, IMO. However, the Cousins thing could still technically go either way. Maybe we have to wait and see. I am a Cousins fan, myself. You never know, though.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember this correctly the media was fixated on Mike Rice, Rutgers basketball coach, being mean to his players and yelling at his players.... I see nothing has changed in 2018

This also happened around the same time as the bountygate suspensions.

If you dont think the media drives action I dont know what to tell you. If the media didnt hate the Redskins because of Snyder and their name, and had a lull in news stories they would have been "outraged" for the Skins and the textbook collusion.

I always did wonder why Snyder didnt pursue it with lawyers. Al Davis would have sued the hell out of the NFL. Then again Snyder is a generational owner in all of sports when it comes to incompetence.

If by driving action you mean the media portrays a story in a way that supports their underlying narrative. sure they do and the main media in this case, I'm assuming is WAPO and its sportswriters, has been very critical of Snyder and the Redskins name. That still doesn't change the fact that the Skins offered nary a whimper against what seemed like an outrageous penalty of 36 million dollars. Over 3 and 1/2 times what the next team, the Cowboys, had to pay in 10 million dollars.

It was easy to blame the Mara's for that and all, but I can't think of one other time when Snyder has just taken something lying down w/o fighting it. Everything has been a fight with him and for him not to fight that penalty was imo pretty telling. That Skins brass did something they shouldn't have done.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by driving action you mean the media portrays a story in a way that supports their underlying narrative. sure they do and the main media in this case, I'm assuming is WAPO and its sportswriters, has been very critical of Snyder and the Redskins name. That still doesn't change the fact that the Skins offered nary a whimper against what seemed like an outrageous penalty of 36 million dollars. Over 3 and 1/2 times what the next team, the Cowboys, had to pay in 10 million dollars.

It was easy to blame the Mara's for that and all, but I can't think of one other time when Snyder has just taken something lying down w/o fighting it. Everything has been a fight with him and for him not to fight that penalty was imo pretty telling. That Skins brass did something they shouldn't have done.

probably wont ever know the full story. I'm sure there was some back alley agreement though.

its at the point where if you want to be on the right side of things more then not just disagree with all of Snyders actions or inactions.