• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big game this week

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put a star next to this game as soon as the schedule came out. The Lions produced their worst effort/performance of 2012 at Arizona in December - it was an ambarrassment. Zona had lost 9 straight games and had been beaten 58-0 the week before.

The schedule-makers gave the Lions a chance at atonement by sending them back to the scene just 9 months later. This will be a telling game as to the metal of this team. A good team, with good leadership, will have a bad taste in it's mouth, go back to Zona with a chip on it's shoulder, and take of business. Schwartz needs this game. He does not want the distinction of losing to the Cardinals twice in 9 months. A lot of so-called experts are taking the Cards. They lost to the Rams, but looked improved over last year, and people still aren't sold on the Lions as a road team. Here's hoping the Lions go in there and beat some ass. They should.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Factoid: The Cardinals' only victory in their last 13 regular-season games was a 38-10 final over Detroit in Week 15 last year, their fourth straight win in the series.

Huge game for both teams. Can't wait.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a must win. Cant afford to lose to average teams. Schedule after this one gets difficult.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper we're the better team, but it is a road game, which makes it tougher.

If we play like we did in the 2nd half last week then we should be just fine. If we take points off the board like we did in the first half last week then we're in trouble...

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im very worried about the lions back seven if fitz plays especially, they could be getting lit up often if the dline isnt smoking palmer every play. Palmer isnt elite but hes also no ponder and he can actually get the ball down the field. If ponder hadnt had his wide receivers make ridiculous catch after ridiculous catch....im concerned because ponder was not a test at all, he may be the worst qb in the nfl. Its much more him sucking than it was lions pass defense doing well (although they had several good plays) i just see them weak against a good passing offense, and once they start getting torched that will open up the running game, although probably not arizonas running game since it sucks. We will have to hope our defensive ends keep palmer in check they should treat the tackles like turnstiles as zonas oline is awful. Arizona has a better defense than minny as well.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not Larry I'm worried about. It's his brother Daryl and his other brother Daryl I'm worried about.

rd27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever reason, this game scares me a bit.

We haven't won there since 'Nam.

But their OL sucks right now, so our DL should do well.

Our young secondary is facing one of the best in Larry Fitz. Palmer can throw a pretty good deep ball. Their #2-3 wideouts aren't too shabby.

They're one dimensional. Rashard Mendenhall doesn't strike fear.

Bush or Calvin having the big game? I feel like Zona's D might be sneaky good.

I hope we kick the shit out of them.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Zona's D might be sneaky good.
I don't think there's any sneaky to it- Arizona's defense is just plain good.

However, they are missing their best pass rusher right now, so that's going in our favor at least...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the best piece to the AZ D is now in Cleveland, former DC Ray Horton (who prob deserved the HC job in Zona).

Arians says Patrick Peterson will go one on one with Megatron today most of the time. If true, then Calvin must take advantage.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not particularly worried about this game as long as the Lions don't beat themselves. If they try to let PP go one on one with Calvin, they will regret it. No one goes one on one with Calvin. On defense we will see the opposite of last week. Mendenhall will get better numbers than we expect as we continually dial in pass specific defenses.