• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Better Call Saul

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the $700 sock guy hire Jimmy to represent him if he gets caught even though Jimmy is suspended?
Can he represent him as Saul Goodman?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the $700 sock guy hire Jimmy to represent him if he gets caught even though Jimmy is suspended?
Can he represent him as Saul Goodman?
It'd probably be a bad idea if Jimmy did, even as Saul. I'd assume that the judges and lawyers all know who he is and since he can't practice law for a year, they'd give him jail time most likely.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd probably be a bad idea if Jimmy did, even as Saul. I'd assume that the judges and lawyers all know who he is and since he can't practice law for a year, they'd give him jail time most likely.
And "Saul Goodman" hasn't passed the bar...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that would matter as much since I'm sure he knows enough people to forge a fake identity for him. If he did that, he could probably get away with it in a different area.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How fun is it gonna be when he has to go to American Samoa, or wherever it was? Grenada? I don't remember.

That episode might be better than this last one, but it'll be tough.

Hopefully we get to see Honey Tits, well, tits. I assume there will be beach scenes.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nacho could have his own series.

It'd be great if Saul helped him get "lost".

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Main Villain From ‘Better Call Saul’ Is Also A Callback To ‘Breaking Bad’

There have been several characters already in Better Call Saul that have returned from Breaking Bad (Mike Ehrmantraut, Tuco, No-Doze, etc.), but most of us didn’t realize that one of the major characters in Better Call Saul was also referenced in Breaking Bad. In the Season 2 episode in which Saul Goodman was introduced, a masked Jesse Pinkman and Walter White hold Saul at gunpoint over his representation of Badger. Saul yells, “No no no no on.” He then says this:

screen-shot-2015-02-20-at-1-29-43-pm.jpg

Who is Ignacio?

Well, according to Michael Mando — who plays Nacho on Breaking Bad — HE is Ignacio. From an interview in Huffington Post:

Nacho is actually short for Ignacio — it’s his nickname.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably my least favorite episode of the season tonight (last night?) A very depressing and hard to watch episode. Not saying it was necessarily bad, just the worst of the season for me.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably my least favorite episode of the season tonight (last night?) A very depressing and hard to watch episode. Not saying it was necessarily bad, just the worst of the season for me.

I get where you’re coming from. The ways Jimmy manipulated Irene’s walking group friends was pretty messed up. Jimmy would likely try to justify his behavior as necessary to help keep he and Kim afloat financially, but whatever altruistic motives might have lead Jimmy to practice Elder Law pretty much went out the window.

There are a few really great scenes to choose from last night’s episode, but the one that sticks with me is the scene where Nacho has to tell his dad that he’s working for Hector, and attempts to convince his dad to go along with whatever might happen with his dad’s business in the near-future. Good stuff. Even though it wasn’t really advertised at he end of last night’s episode, I think the season finale is up next. I can’t wait to see what gets wrapped up, and what loose ends are left for season four. For me, this is easily the best season so far.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another 5 star episode. The ending w Kim was nuts. How injured is she? Part of me still sees Jimmy doing what he's doing with Irene as noble, in his own twisted, immoral way - in his mind he probably sees himself as saving her and her friends from her by getting them the money (and him too, of course).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another 5 star episode. The ending w Kim was nuts. How injured is she? Part of me still sees Jimmy doing what he's doing with Irene as noble, in his own twisted, immoral way - in his mind he probably sees himself as saving her and her friends from her by getting them the money (and him too, of course).
Nope. It is greed, pure and simple. That is why he went to see her in the first place, and that I said why they showed the scene where he was calculating his cut.

He needs the money, so he is going to play the situation to his benefit.

I am not saying that HHM wasn't also working in a slimy manner. Irene was ignorantly trying to do what was best for herself and her friends. Jimmy took the only thing she really cared about away from her: her friends.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. It is greed, pure and simple. That is why he went to see her in the first place, and that I said why they showed the scene where he was calculating his cut.

He needs the money, so he is going to play the situation to his benefit.

I am not saying that HHM wasn't also working in a slimy manner. Irene was ignorantly trying to do what was best for herself and her friends. Jimmy took the only thing she really cared about away from her: her friends.

Man that was rough too. The woman had absolutely no idea what was going on and just all of the sudden ignored. Awful.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole season feels that way to me... yet I still watch.
This seaon is really bringing home the idea that Jimmy is not a good guy. It is, in a way, his "breaking bad" season. He is charming, but we are beginning to see that he isn't all that harmless.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seaon is really bringing home the idea that Jimmy is not a good guy. It is, in a way, his "breaking bad" season. He is charming, but we are beginning to see that he isn't all that harmless.

eh.... I disagree, sort of... Breaking Bad, and better Call saul I feel they both have the same view on humanity... that bad guys can be good, and good guys can be bad... In no way do I see Jimmy as a bad guy, he just does bad things... but he does seem to fight for the little man, as long as he is benefited... He did not ONLY go to elder law so he could take advantage of them, he saw he could help them too... more so than other lawyers who only care about the win... Even how he manipulated these women, I honestly think he thinks that this would help them more than waiting... Like he said, if you win the lottery, you should always take the lump sum... He is definitely a shit, but he does seem genuine in his want to help...