• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Beta fish vs tabby cats

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
montoya vs stalock

Nice see Donoski score

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Your living right when Vlasic and Tierny score and Al Montoya is in net

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah, I went last night and here are the thoughts:

1. sharks were lucky. montoya sucked. Burns shoots a wrister from the blue line on goal 1. Montoya and his D are god awful on goal two. Marleau made a nice play, but I could see what he was going to do a mile away, and montoya badly misplayed it. A better poke check or better goaltending stops that one. the only good goal was pickles, which was not on montoya. In other words, better goalie = 2-1 loss.

2. Jumbo's line was amazing. They dominated like every shift. Donskoi looks awesome too. Aggressive, slick, he could easily had a hat trick as he should scored right before burns did and he did pot 2 (even if only one counted). He is a clear fit on that top line.

3. Goldobin flubbed a few, but if he finds his hands, he coulda had 2 or 3 points easily last night. He was looking smooth. The D is still iffy, but wasnt as bad last night as earlier.

4. FLA was on a 2nd night of a b2b with travel. The sharks had to win, so they took care of business, which is good, but this is not like beating chicago or montreal on the road.

5. the special teams continue to be a complete fuckup. The PP is 0-15 of something at home, and the 2nd unit is a total waste of time. This is a mess. The PK has given up a goal in nearly every game since the first three (I think they have gone perfect on the PK only twice or something like that.) Its a total disaster, and its exactly reminiscent of last year. When the PK tanked, the team tanked. They have gotta figure this out and fast. You cannot make the PO's when your PP is ranked 22nd and your PK is 27th. the only teams with a worse PK (under 75%) are Boston, buffalo, and columbus. Currently the sharks are -7 in special teams goals. Deboer needs to get this fixed.

6. the bottom 6 is still a mess. Really, outside of the pavs line, no other line looked particularly good. Even patty's line was subpar with the one exception of patty's goal. The sharks are a 1 line team and Deboer needs to shuffle up the patty-ward-hertl line by putting hertl back with wingels and nieto and put goldobin on line 2 with patty at C. The chemistry in the other 3 lines is terrible right now, so deboer has to do something.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm pretty sure Marceau, hetrl, and Ward are producing on fairly regular basis