• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best RB of All Time Championship

Who's the best of all time?

• Barry Sanders

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • Walter Payton

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh. People get pretty riled up about QBs for some reason.

...Also, there are far more 49er fans on SportsHoopla than of any other team, so I think we all know who's gonna win the poll.

I'm not sure Kaepernick will make the list of 16 players, sorry! :whistle:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh! You mean current QBs. Ok, yeah; nobody should be worried about tattoo man winning any polls.

No I don't mean current QB's that was a failed attempt at humor.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry for sure. Walter was awesome but he also had a great team in his prime something that Barry never had.

I did not look through the 20 other threads but I would think Eric Dickerson should get a mention. I also think that Bo Jackson would have destroyed all if he stayed healthy.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watched them both, voted for Payton.

Don't give a crap about that whole "Bad O-Line" or "Bad Team" excuse. For starters, by such qualifications the only RB's that can be selected are ones that played for horrible teams that never accomplished anything, and to me that is bullshit. And secondly, the best players make those around them better, which negates the whole "Bad Team" excuse.

Can't go wrong with either, but if I were putting a team together I'd rather have Payton.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry for sure. Walter was awesome but he also had a great team in his prime something that Barry never had.

I did not look through the 20 other threads but I would think Eric Dickerson should get a mention. I also think that Bo Jackson would have destroyed all if he stayed healthy.

Simply not true, I just don't understand why people think this...

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't give a crap about that whole "Bad O-Line" or "Bad Team" excuse. For starters, by such qualifications the only RB's that can be selected are ones that played for horrible teams that never accomplished anything, and to me that is bullshit. And secondly, the best players make those around them better, which negates the whole "Bad Team" excuse.

Can't go wrong with either, but if I were putting a team together I'd rather have Payton.

I was going to post something, but you pretty much nailed it for me, so +1.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they used Payton on any down & any situation. Which simply isn't true with Sanders.
Payton to me is the easy choice who you would want on the team 1st. (wouldn't mind having both though)

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's more debate on who had a worse team than on the actual players. People need to stick with what makes a RB great and not just look at numbers and what teams players played for. I to use the eye test but I'm not old and didn't see either play.

I voted Payton because while Sanders was untouchable. Payton had a beautiful combination of elusivness and power which he did it in such smoothness. He had home run capablity and was someone you would want for 3rd and 1 or at any goalline situation.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two different runners. Go back and check out each players highlight films. There are countless ones of both.

Barrys highlights are mostly of him breaking off long runs, juking his way through defenders or just out running them. Getting the corner or just bobbing and weaving through people.

Walter was running people over. Breaking tackles. Diving over lines to make that 1 or 2 yards needed. Sure he had his break away's but he was always making contact with someone.

Barry ran with finesse and Walter ran with power. It's hard to chose between the two. Without a doubt they are the two greatest and this a good poll. You can't go wrong picking either one.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two different runners. Go back and check out each players highlight films. There are countless ones of both.

Barrys highlights are mostly of him breaking off long runs, juking his way through defenders or just out running them. Getting the corner or just bobbing and weaving through people.

Walter was running people over. Breaking tackles. Diving over lines to make that 1 or 2 yards needed. Sure he had his break away's but he was always making contact with someone.

Barry ran with finesse and Walter ran with power. It's hard to chose between the two. Without a doubt they are the two greatest and this a good poll. You can't go wrong picking either one.

100% Agree. Two different runners who be ideal for two different types of offense. Payton would be a better back for Standford and Sanders would be a better back for Oregon. It would be interesting to see Sanders in some these spread offenses that teams run today.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also watched them both, and agree that Walter was the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.