• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best new car under 50k

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A beauty!

These require a more mature driver (which I am)...too much power for the handling capabilities...my golf buddy's brother (I guess he's a friend of mine now) had a GT...black. It's too enticing...he nearly killed himself, rolled it. There's a cop that lives in my neighborhood...say he's seen at least a half dz GTs rolled...all 20something drivers.

If I were to go all out sports car, I would follow in my brother in law's steps and get this car...except I can't afford it...lol

Here it is in my driveway...6sp...on this day we took this baby up to road Atlanta and bought an hour of track time...3rd gear I had it to 95 mph...the beauty of driving it though are the curves...butthead traded this car for a blue one...automatic...nice but it's a weekend car for him, I would've stuck with the 6sp.

View attachment 184486

Ha. lol @ having a car worth more than 10% of your home's value. Depreciating assets should be for throw-away money only.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha. lol @ having a car worth more than 10% of your home's value. Depreciating assets should be for throw-away money only.

Spoken like a true finance man...For me...that applies which is why I'll never own a 911!

For my BIL...I'd doubt the car is worth even 5% of his home's value...nice to develop a software that piggybacked off of a major accounting software...lucky him.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoken like a true finance man...For me...that applies which is why I'll never own a 911!

For my BIL...I'd doubt the car is worth even 5% of his home's value...nice to develop a software that piggybacked off of a major accounting software...lucky him.

I'm a controller but have decided I'm going to die anyway.

But I know this, I will never buy another brand new car.

And if I'm paying reasonable amounts for good used stuff, I go upscale non-domestic.

You'll be a few years behind the time but one could quibble.....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a controller but have decided I'm going to die anyway.

But I know this, I will never buy another brand new car.

And if I'm paying reasonable amounts for good used stuff, I go upscale non-domestic.

You'll be a few years behind the time but one could quibble.....

Well, we're all going to meet that fate eventually...hopefully later than sooner.

I get the sense from the bit I've known you on this forum that you likely have this financial thing figured out.

I've made a few dumb mistakes, but we (wife and I) do okay for ourselves financially. Still, it's highly unlikely that I'll buy another brand new car as well...with all these barely broken in cars coming off leases...unless I hit lotto and can write a check for a new one w/o wincing, I'm content with one of those.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we're all going to meet that fate eventually...hopefully later than sooner.

I get the sense from the bit I've known you on this forum that you likely have this financial thing figured out.

I've made a few dumb mistakes, but we (wife and I) do okay for ourselves financially. Still, it's highly unlikely that I'll buy another brand new car as well...with all these barely broken in cars coming off leases...unless I hit lotto and can write a check for a new one w/o wincing, I'm content with one of those.

Ed Zachary.

I go for a spin in my 2005 S55 or my 2010 S4 and the world is my oyster. Both are more than I ever realistically thought I'd own.

And only because I never thought about buying a used low mileage one. My S4 only had 29,000 km on it when I bought it 1 year ago.