• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Movie of All Time: W (closed)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nominations will close sometime tomorrow AM.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am REALLY surprised Willie Wonka is not getting more love. Is it because the remake was sooo bad? Gene Wilder was absolutely genius in that movie. Creepy and warm all at the same time.

Probably my #2 movie in this category.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am REALLY surprised Willie Wonka is not getting more love. Is it because the remake was sooo bad? Gene Wilder was absolutely genius in that movie. Creepy and warm all at the same time.

Probably my #2 movie in this category.

I convinced that's all a factor of what people have seen which makes sense I guess. So to me a lot of great movies have missed the cut in favor of movies that just don't belong on any "best" movie list, no way no how. Some of it is definitely generational, some of it is a factor of personal tastes, whatever. The movies are older, B&W, less "fun" etc but ultimately get shafted in these type of polls.

Frustrating to some degree but that's the way it seems to work.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nominations are now closed. This one looks like it may be a run away. 5 movies tied for 3rd place, so there are 7 movies advancing...

Wall Street
The Waterboy
Wayne's World
What About Bob?
When Harry Met Sally
White Men Can't Jump
Wizard of Oz

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is closed, but holy hell, this is illegitimate with no one mentioning Whiplash. I take it nobody has seen it because I have yet to speak to someone who saw it who thinks it is anything short of brilliant. And it's not just my friend...it is the top-rated "W" movie by IMDB users. I dare anybody who has seen it to argue it is not clearly the best one.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is closed, but holy hell, this is illegitimate with no one mentioning Whiplash. I take it nobody has seen it because I have yet to speak to someone who saw it who thinks it is anything short of brilliant. And it's not just my friend...it is the top-rated "W" movie by IMDB users. I dare anybody who has seen it to argue it is not clearly the best one.
Brand new movie that not a lot of people have seen yet. No list is perfect, and this is a rather acceptable point of error, I feel.

That said, do you honestly feel it would win again the Wiz???