• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bengals vs. Patriots

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hell would they waste their time filming the Bengals is my question. The Bengals are not winning this game. What a stupid time to get nailed cheating.

And BB's statement of "We don't knowingly cheat" reeks of the old NCAA coaches that acted SHOCKED when they found out an assistant cheated to land a star player until the NCAA finally started holding the head coach accountable. They old "If they don't tell me, then technically I don't know" defense is alive and well in N.E.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hell would they waste their time filming the Bengals is my question. The Bengals are not winning this game. What a stupid time to get nailed cheating.

And BB's statement of "We don't knowingly cheat" reeks of the old NCAA coaches that acted SHOCKED when they found out an assistant cheated to land a star player until the NCAA finally started holding the head coach accountable. They old "If they don't tell me, then technically I don't know" defense is alive and well in N.E.

I don't think Belicheck takes anyone lightly. The enemy is the enemy. He probably cheats at cards against his grandchildren. Just how he's wired.

Yes, the 'we don't knowingly cheat' stuff is ridiculous. I'm not sure why this isn't an even bigger story.... Maybe people just aren't as outraged anymore. But you can't tell me that 8 minutes of video of the other team's sideline was just 'accidentally' filmed.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did they film anyway? I mean come on....really? Really? Who gives a shit?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't get to be the greatest of all time in a league based on parity if you don't take every opportunity to give yourself and advantage. The Patriots are doing their job, and the Bengals have a convenient excuse, once again, to lose miserably.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes, the 'we don't knowingly cheat' stuff is ridiculous. I'm not sure why this isn't an even bigger story.... Maybe people just aren't as outraged anymore. But you can't tell me that 8 minutes of video of the other team's sideline was just 'accidentally' filmed.

The coverage of this has been so bizzare.

"Would Bill Belichick be dumb enough to send someone in a Bruins jersey to illegally film footage in a pressbox"

Uh are we sure Belichick picked out the guy's shirt that morning? Think he was worried about the Chiefs that day.

"Why would they film from the pressbox when they could just pose as a fan in the stands?"

Just imagine how conspicuous a "fan" would look with their Iphone pointed at an NFL sidelines for hours. Plus the footage and sound quality would be worthless. A credentialed media member in a pressbox has a much better chance of both blending in and obtaining usable footage. If not for the NE area gear and the the Bengals brass being 2 feet away in a pressbox that probably holds hundreds of people he gets away with it

"Why would the Pats break the rule against the Bengals. They can beat them without breaking the rules"

Gilmore is arguably the best CB in the game. If he commits PI in the game should the refs not throw the flag because he doesn't need to break a rule to cover Tyler Boyd? Should this be the new standard for commiting penalties too?

"The tape isn't evidence in and of itself or proof the Pats coaching staff is involved. We need text records connecting them to the incident"

So Belichick is too smart to lead a botched taping operation but in order to connect him to the incident he needs to also be stupid enough to leave a digital trail?

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also just for clarification this could be harmless B-roll footage as The Pats contend. If its random shots of the field thats fine. If its close up footage of the Bengals coaching staff relaying information thats a problem.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coverage of this has been so bizzare.

"Would Bill Belichick be dumb enough to send someone in a Bruins jersey to illegally film footage in a pressbox"

Uh are we sure Belichick picked out the guy's shirt that morning? Think he was worried about the Chiefs that day.

"Why would they film from the pressbox when they could just pose as a fan in the stands?"

Just imagine how conspicuous a "fan" would look with their Iphone pointed at an NFL sidelines for hours. Plus the footage and sound quality would be worthless. A credentialed media member in a pressbox has a much better chance of both blending in and obtaining usable footage. If not for the NE area gear and the the Bengals brass being 2 feet away in a pressbox that probably holds hundreds of people he gets away with it

"Why would the Pats break the rule against the Bengals. They can beat them without breaking the rules"

Gilmore is arguably the best CB in the game. If he commits PI in the game should the refs not throw the flag because he doesn't need to break a rule to cover Tyler Boyd? Should this be the new standard for commiting penalties too?

"The tape isn't evidence in and of itself or proof the Pats coaching staff is involved. We need text records connecting them to the incident"

So Belichick is too smart to lead a botched taping operation but in order to connect him to the incident he needs to also be stupid enough to leave a digital trail?

Spot on.

I'll tell you this..... If the Patriots would have been caught filming the Ravens or Chiefs sidelines a week before their games, this would be a huge story. Too many people are falling for the 'you don't need to cheat to beat the Bengals' dialogue.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we won the day the alumni cheerleaders took the field. this was because of former Cincinnati news anchor Jacylyn Deaugustino returning to the field all the way from Florida. As soon as she goes back to Florida we start losing again. maybe they should have filmed her instead.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Spirited effort in the 1st quarter but the number one pick is still in sight. Might need to see more of Finley

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

This is amazing. Bengals owned the Patriots at least in this interaction.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The team played hard but got outclassed. That Pats secondary is too tough.

Mixon looked like an All Pro. I hope they don't waste his prime years in a non functioninal offense

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy is looking like Big game Andy today.

This team needs a new identity. They'll sink or swim with Burrow.

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm going with sink. I can already see how this is going to play out. Burrow - through no fault of his own - will get eaten alive behind a horrible offensive line and not much in the way of weapons. If he makes it through the season healthy (highly unlikely) his ceiling is mediocre at best. More likely he will look horrible, the Bengals will be shit again, and Zac Taylor will be fired. Now we have a shell shocked 2nd year QB having to learn his 3rd system in 3 years under 3 different head coaches.

This is why the choice for the Bengals has to be Young or trade the #1 pick. Burrow could be a QB God, but all he is going to end up being in Cincy is Akili Smith 2.0.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm going with sink. I can already see how this is going to play out. Burrow - through no fault of his own - will get eaten alive behind a horrible offensive line and not much in the way of weapons. If he makes it through the season healthy (highly unlikely) his ceiling is mediocre at best. More likely he will look horrible, the Bengals will be shit again, and Zac Taylor will be fired. Now we have a shell shocked 2nd year QB having to learn his 3rd system in 3 years under 3 different head coaches.

This is why the choice for the Bengals has to be Young or trade the #1 pick. Burrow could be a QB God, but all he is going to end up being in Cincy is Akili Smith 2.0.

They might have weapons. A lot depends on Greens health and contract situation. Boyds a good # 2 WR and Mixon is a feature RB

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After yesterday's game, I have a feeling the pick can only be Burrow. No way we go 1-15 and not take Burrow with the rebuild on the horizon now.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most exciting play yesterday. Look at that Bearcat destroy a few children. Solid work.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most exciting play yesterday. Look at that Bearcat destroy a few children. Solid work.

LMFAO. That is tremendous. Now that shows a commitment to winning when you truck kids in a fun time game of mascots versus children.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO. That is tremendous. Now that shows a commitment to winning when you truck kids in a fun time game of mascots versus children.

That's the best goal-line offense these fans have seen since Bettis used to run over us in the early 2000s.