• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bengals Ravens Round 2

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW -- What's with Jon Harbaugh acting like a bitch like his brother? I can see him being salty about the PI, but he's saying Dalton's forward progress was stopped on the touchdown. That's just ridiculous.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
BTW -- What's with Jon Harbaugh acting like a bitch like his brother? I can see him being salty about the PI, but he's saying Dalton's forward progress was stopped on the touchdown. That's just ridiculous.

I don't think his progress stopped, but he definatley got pushed into the endzone by his own teammates. unless they changes the rule that's one of penalties that never gets called even though its on the books

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think his progress stopped, but he definatley got pushed into the endzone by his own teammates. unless they changes the rule that's one of penalties that never gets called even though its on the books

I don't think it's on the books anymore..... I don't recall seeing it called in years and it seems to me that the Bengals coach it. Hell, Whitworth peeled back to push him and it appeared to be by design.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think it's on the books anymore..... I don't recall seeing it called in years and it seems to me that the Bengals coach it. Hell, Whitworth peeled back to push him and it appeared to be by design.

That sounds right. I must have missed the rule change. It never gets called or even mentioned by the announcers.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Martavis Bryant has been huge for the Steelers the past two weeks. He reminds me so much of Chris Henry it's eerie.

There's no way a player with his measurables and talent should have lasted until the 4th round. He gives them the pure deep threat they've been missing since Wallace left.

This draft was great for WRs. It wasn't a weakness before the injuries but the Bengals should have grabbed one anyway in the mid rds

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martavis Bryant has been huge for the Steelers the past two weeks. He reminds me so much of Chris Henry it's eerie.

There's no way a player with his measurables and talent should have lasted until the 4th round. He gives them the pure deep threat they've been missing since Wallace left.

This draft was great for WRs. It wasn't a weakness before the injuries but the Bengals should have grabbed one anyway in the mid rds

The Steelers have had a nice little run on drafting receiving talent in middle rounds. Fortunately they haven't been as successful with linemen!

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Steelers have had a nice little run on drafting receiving talent in middle rounds. Fortunately they haven't been as successful with linemen!

Yeah, they've been great at that recently. Hopefully it was dumb luck that Bryant fell to them in the 4th and the rest were because Bruce Arians had a say in the draft room. The Colts drafted Hilton in the late 3rd rd when he was their OC and the Cardinals drafted John Brown in the late 3rd this yr.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's legal in rugby, so it should be legal here.

(yea, I don't know if it's really legal in rugby, but I can't figure out what the hell they are doing)

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its a penalty in college, not nfl

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams do that all the time in the middle of the field. I don't see why endzone would be any different.

Besides, there was no way in hell they were going to blow the whistle or should have blown the whistle when no Ravens defender was even touching Dalton until the pile started falling into the endzone.

Dalton was laying on top of Bodine and Pollack and no Raven was touching him. So the pile might have been stopped for a couple seconds, but with no one touching Dalton, how could you justify blowing the play dead? You can't, which is why no whistle was blown for forward progress, and if you allow that pile pushing in the middle of the field, then why on earth would you disallow it at the end zone? You wouldn't. Hince, why the play was called a TD, and rightfully so.

Harbaugh is just whining.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been our best short yardage play the last 2 seasons.

That's probably because using a defensive tackle as a fullback doesn't really work, but I digress.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should have a goalline play where Hill lines up in front of Bernard in a GL package I-Formation, give a good fake to Hill who immediately jumps the middle of the line to draw LB's to converge.

Hill draws the initial contact, Gio follows up less than a second later diving over a cleared middle of the line. He just has to have some hops to make it over the bodies laying around in that spot.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Forward progress is only stopped once the whistle blows. And unless the pile is being pushed backwards, there's no reason for the refs to blow the whistle.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah yes..... The one play that continues to justify the ridiculous plan to use Peko as a fullback.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah yes..... The one play that continues to justify the ridiculous plan to use Peko as a fullback.

As shitty a fullback as Peko is, he's even a worse DT according to his grades from PFF, year after year.......