• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bengals Giants MNF

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
over/under for replies in real time in this thread...10?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how we keep the other team just within reach of victory, ah the suspense.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nuge is looking a little tipsy. I hope ocho cinco can come in and kick a field goal in an emergency.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our OL looks half way decent all of the sudden.

I guess the giants dl is beat up

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
almost got ahead of ourselves with that 'almost a TD catch'

we need to keep the giants close

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You couldn't script this any better. Typical Bengals

Doesn't help that the officiating is totally one sided. As usual.

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beckham is doing his best to get Burfict to do something stupid. Let's see if Burfict will oblige.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soft, soft, soft. Can't make a play when it counts.

I honestly don't know how much longer I can pull for these guys. It's literally the same thing over and over and over again.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eifert shreds the defense down the seam for 70 yards the first play.

Naturally they never went back to that the rest of the game.

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hope you took the under on posts made in this thread in real time.

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I will forever be grateful for Marin Lewis and the Herculean task he took on in getting Mike Brown to run a football operation not based in the 1950's but we are long overdue for a new voice and vision on game day. He coaches 99% of the time not to lose versus coaching to win. This was never more evident than in us settling for FG's and the Giants going for the kill and the ultimately game winning TD. Marvin would seemingly prefer to continuously win field position than try to win the game. Ironically he's too stubborn to amend his antiquated method of coaching and would rather lose by doing it his way. Sound familiar?

The team, by virtue of the front office, is set up as a desirable head coaching destination based off of the personnel but as you and I both know...Marvin is here for as long as he wants to be. It would be ideal that if after this season he folded his hand and moved on so Mikey doesn't have to make the easy but uncomfortable decision of firing him.
But...I see better than I hear...

Who. Sigh. Dey.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least the Bengals know their roll and can now stop worrying about that silly playoff run.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an inspiring season it's been..... Our team couldn't care less and our fans are dead inside. We've lost all but three or four SportsHoopla posters.... I'd say it's time for a change.

You know what's sad? 2 or 3 years ago, we'd all gamble that the failures of this team would be due to having a bad qb. It's the rest of the team that let us down.

Last edited:

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the acceptance of mediocrity from the front office down. at least the games have been selling tickets so far, although I'm not sure that many people will continue to be so foolish, although going to the game really isn't about rooting for the Bengals to win a playoff game or get to the superbowl, it's about getting drunk and taking a few glances at the game to boo or complain.

jgreene95

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marvin Lewis can not motivate. Cannot coach. We have most of everybody from last year. What gives? Its OUR fucking coach. These guys are not buying in. MARVIN DOES NOT PLAY TO WIN. I'm praying he just walks.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an inspiring season it's been..... Our team couldn't care less and our fans are dead inside. We've lost all but three or four SportsHoopla posters.... I'd say it's time for a change.

You know what's sad? 2 or 3 years ago, we'd all gamble that the failures of this team would be due to having a bad qb. It's the rest of the team that let us down.

I'm still here. I just can't really get excited for NFL football any more. It's all staged. It's not real. Plus, these idiot kids who are "protesting" by taking a knee...I refuse to support that shit.

Being a Bengals fan kinda helps my case too.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still here. I just can't really get excited for NFL football any more. It's all staged. It's not real. Plus, these idiot kids who are "protesting" by taking a knee...I refuse to support that shit.

Being a Bengals fan kinda helps my case too.

I have to admit that I'm part of the declining ratings..... I just haven't watched all that much NFL football. The Thursday night games generally suck, they show the Giants and Redskins too much on Sunday and Monday night. Most live games are unwatchable due to excessive commercial breaks. Kickers suck and too many games are decided by how much they suck. I don't play FF and I'm no longer gambling on football. There's just not much to watch for me. About the only non-Bengal game I watched (and enjoyed) this season was Sunday's Pittsburgh/Dallas game. And that was mostly fun just because it was rookies winning in a big spot on national television.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit that I'm part of the declining ratings..... I just haven't watched all that much NFL football. The Thursday night games generally suck, they show the Giants and Redskins too much on Sunday and Monday night. Most live games are unwatchable due to excessive commercial breaks. Kickers suck and too many games are decided by how much they suck. I don't play FF and I'm no longer gambling on football. There's just not much to watch for me. About the only non-Bengal game I watched (and enjoyed) this season was Sunday's Pittsburgh/Dallas game. And that was mostly fun just because it was rookies winning in a big spot on national television.

Now that college basketball has started I have to turn my overinflated expectations towards that now anyways.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's pretty clear who the best teams are this season, and it ain't us.

that, and the refs do seem to have the ability to sway a game, and they do apparently use it in several games, not just Bengals games. It's not as bad as pro-wrestling, but any intelligent objective person can see that it exists.