• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Grubbs Gets a New Deal

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Grubbs and the Chiefs agreed to terms on a four-year, $24 million contract. The deal has $8 million guaranteed at signing and another $3 million that becomes fully guaranteed if Grubbs is on the 90-man roster in March 2017.
According to the source, the Saints had asked Grubbs, 31, to reduce his 2015 compensation from $6.6 million to $4.5 million, with little or no guaranteed money

Ben Grubbs gets a new deal in Kansas City | ProFootballTalk

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful with this guy. His rating withe the saints do not tell the whole story. He makes qbs nervous with how close to the qb he blocks. If alex is nervous like that it will be the ame in KC. I don't think he's good at blocking for longer than maybe 2-3 seconds and Brees needed that. he may be better with you because Alex hands it off a lot.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful with this guy. His rating withe the saints do not tell the whole story. He makes qbs nervous with how close to the qb he blocks. If alex is nervous like that it will be the ame in KC. I don't think he's good at blocking for longer than maybe 2-3 seconds and Brees needed that. he may be better with you because Alex hands it off a lot.

Yeah, that has kind of been my impression as well looking at his hurries. Still a big upgrade from whatever perspective over what we had (our LG's nearly had a cumulative grade of -40) but he definitely did not look like the stud I remember at Baltimore. Can definitely see why a guy like Brees would have a problem with him. A handy stopgap that lessens the blow of losing Hudson. There's no doubt Grubbs isn't a dominant player anymore.

I am just hoping for him to be more of a vet presence which we didn't really have at all last year with such a green line. I don't expect miracles. I do expect a LG who doesn't get the QB's spleen lacerated like McGlynn. I would be pretty disappointed in Alex if he couldn't find a receiver in 2-3 seconds in 2015; there's really no reason for him to take a ton of abuse with his mobility provided he has a reasonable protection. It was one thing last season when the OL and WR's were legitimately terrible all on their own, but I won't be amused if the offense stagnates with an improved OL and WR group (it better be after last year or the GM will have some 'splainin to do)

Good luck to your Saints. Always fun to watch Brees.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah gl to you.