• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben bishop

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lightning resign Ben bishop to two year contract extension cap hit is 5.95 million per year! Smart move by steve yzerman vasi will be Rfa in three years! Bishop will be ufa in three years! May the best goalie win the job!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah make sure to re-sign him for sure! Congrats guys!

:tea:

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we look good and ready to compete for the cup for the next 3 years now

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah very good move by Yzerman. I made a thread about the whole goalie situation stating it could be a tricky situation but Yzerman strikes again. I am surprised that Bish has accepted a 2 year deal when he could of waited until next year and got perhaps more money and term on the open market but it's quite obvious he wants to be here. This deal acts as a bridge affect as in 3 years time when his contract is up both Gudlevskis and Vasilevskiy will be NHL ready, so a very good and smart move by the best GM in the league.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya the goalie issue did look tricky I was very surprised bishop took a 2 year deal. It's says a lot about the lightning he really wanted to be in tampa bay.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not too much of a fan of this extension & here's why. True, he set records last season here in Tampa & had a pretty darn great win/loss record, however, he is still unproven on staying healthy & injury free. What if he proves out to be injury prone? Well, the Bolts will be stuck with him for 3 years now & BIG money each year! Again in my opinion, I don't think a player is worth much if the team cannot count on them on a consistent basis period! I don't care how talented the player is. I can only hope that he dazzles us by staying injury free because sometimes I wonder how serious Nabokov is about playing hockey!

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not too much of a fan of this extension & here's why. True, he set records last season here in Tampa & had a pretty darn great win/loss record, however, he is still unproven on staying healthy & injury free. What if he proves out to be injury prone? Well, the Bolts will be stuck with him for 3 years now & BIG money each year! Again in my opinion, I don't think a player is worth much if the team cannot count on them on a consistent basis period! I don't care how talented the player is. I can only hope that he dazzles us by staying injury free because sometimes I wonder how serious Nabokov is about playing hockey!

I can understand you point but the bolts didn't want Bish going anywhere near FA, at the end of the day Bish has only had 1 good year but basically it's only a 2 year extension were he earns that $5.9 mill per so it's not really a risk, it's not like a 5 or 6 year deal or long term commitment. Is he injury prone? he's had one major injury and that was last year, it turns out he hurt is wrist in January, played through it and wore a cast from the Olympic break onwards and then suffered further damage in April vs the Leafs. Take into consideration Bish well be playing behind a better Defense so that will take some pressure off him plus having a reliable backup behind will also help.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand you point but the bolts didn't want Bish going anywhere near FA, at the end of the day Bish has only had 1 good year but basically it's only a 2 year extension were he earns that $5.9 mill per so it's not really a risk, it's not like a 5 or 6 year deal or long term commitment. Is he injury prone? he's had one major injury and that was last year, it turns out he hurt is wrist in January, played through it and wore a cast from the Olympic break onwards and then suffered further damage in April vs the Leafs. Take into consideration Bish well be playing behind a better Defense so that will take some pressure off him plus having a reliable backup behind will also help.

Ya he was the best goalie in hockey before he hurt his wrist in January! Yzerman was smart not to let him near ufa next summer! Say we have a deep playoff run he might have gotten 7 million a year for a 5 or 6 year term!

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny & Todd, 2 good points! I hope you both are right. Better D in front of him (even though I think their system needs to be better) & if he does prove out to be a great net-minder & stays healthy he would have demanded more $ at the end of next season! I'll just keep my fingers crossed that he proves out to be worth this $! :hope: