• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Before and after Edgar as Hitting Coach

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean of course the M's have added some better hitters also since Edgar took over as Hitting Coach, but that is a substantial difference.

I mean we all wish he would fix Z and Seager, but overall the team has for sure improved how they approach hitting.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the players also like him around too which is a plus

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a few players though that said Edgar saved their careers, Mark Trumbo would be at the top of that list.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh there's no doubt he makes a difference for some players and has had an impact overall. Just hard to quantify by the metric of that tweet alone given it wasn't the same players before and after.

I remember quite some time ago the M's had a player that was struggling at the plate and they brought in a special hitting coach just for them. Not that their then hitting coach wasn't good for others, but not every coach and reach every player.

No one worked harder as a hitter themselves and his work ethic and approach are for sure assets he is passing along.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
totally agreed edgar made a differance at the time..in 95...and he still does...gooo ....edgar..

the ulmax ultimate mariner....total hall of fame in mariners history...for sure
and then there still is griffey who put the mariners on the map..in the first place
then... randy " the bird killer.".. johnson...lol
but edgar stayed a mariner so he gets the title and he still is ...

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more mariners fame'ers

jamie "slow mo" moyer
jay "the bone" buhner

EDGAR-MARTINEZ-THE-NEWS-TRIBUNE.png

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
starts with
the red sox manager joey "too short" cora

whooo i saw lou there...lol

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to the theme from mavarick..t v show..

train blow your whistle
take it around the horn

doubles are the lady he loves the best
from new york to L A
living on deuces and jack's

martinez is a legend of the best
martinez is a legend of the best

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean we all wish he would fix Z and Seager, but overall the team has for sure improved how they approach hitting.

I think hoping he fixes either of them isn't realistic. The fact that Z didn't get completely ruined by what the Jack Z organization did to him is a miracle. I am kinda at a loss with Seagar. Guy is clearly in his own head and has last basic ability to recognize which pitches are strikes and which aren't.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think hoping he fixes either of them isn't realistic. The fact that Z didn't get completely ruined by what the Jack Z organization did to him is a miracle. I am kinda at a loss with Seagar. Guy is clearly in his own head and has last basic ability to recognize which pitches are strikes and which aren't.
But always seems to somehow improve later in the season. So how he gets it, only to forget it and take half a year again is beyond frustrating.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have faith that Seager will eventually heat up as he always does second half of the season.

However, expecting him to exceed his 2016 numbers appears to be unrealistic as that is his limit and due to his slow starts. Imagine his numbers if he could just put it together for an entire year.

Oh well, at least he plays fantastic defense.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edgar can only do so much with Seagers swing, it's all mental on his part and it's showing at the plate with lack of confidence to drive in big runs when needed.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edgar can only do so much with Seagers swing, it's all mental on his part and it's showing at the plate with lack of confidence to drive in big runs when needed.
Why can't Edgar work with him on hitting the other way? :noidea: Just because he's not done a lot of it doesn't mean he can't work on it. Just once here and there and the shift is busted. Half the field is wide freaking open. Learn to hit an inside pitch the other way and that's that.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't Edgar work with him on hitting the other way? :noidea: Just because he's not done a lot of it doesn't mean he can't work on it. Just once here and there and the shift is busted. Half the field is wide freaking open. Learn to hit an inside pitch the other way and that's that.

I've never understood why Seager or any other lefty for that matter doesn't just lay a bunt down. Hitting inside out is hard and takes alot time in the cage but a fricking bunt to the whole left side is easy. I'm not sure if ego plays into it or what but it is better for your number than you get credited with a hit rather than the usual strikeout or grounder into the shift. His oppo HR in Houston gives me hope though he can fix it.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never understood why Seager or any other lefty for that matter doesn't just lay a bunt down. Hitting inside out is hard and takes alot time in the cage but a fricking bunt to the whole left side is easy. I'm not sure if ego plays into it or what but it is better for your number than you get credited with a hit rather than the usual strikeout or grounder into the shift. His oppo HR in Houston gives me hope though he can fix it.
Just a guess but I'm thinking Seager's ego prevents his from laying down the bunt attempts. He's prides himself as a long ball hitter and I don't think Servais has the balls to steer him in that direction, or for that matter, move him down the order until he earns the slot he currently has- instead hoping he works out his hitting at the plate. If my guess is even close to accurate then the frustrations with Seager being a rally killer with K's or gidp's will continue until ????

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember they starting doing it on Jr but then they called it the Ted Williams shift and he just paid down a few bunts and they stopped.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know either. Drop a few bunts or slap it towards third and eventually the infield will reshift to normal. Even if Edgar is working with him on that, Seager is still lost at the plate so it could be a moot point.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know either. Drop a few bunts or slap it towards third and eventually the infield will reshift to normal. Even if Edgar is working with him on that, Seager is still lost at the plate so it could be a moot point.
Yeah, there's that. He's not even hitting into the shift right now, more or less can he hit around it. :tsk:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a guess but I'm thinking Seager's ego prevents his from laying down the bunt attempts. He's prides himself as a long ball hitter and I don't think Servais has the balls to steer him in that direction, or for that matter, move him down the order until he earns the slot he currently has- instead hoping he works out his hitting at the plate. If my guess is even close to accurate then the frustrations with Seager being a rally killer with K's or gidp's will continue until ????

And that right there is bull shit. He's the damn manager and not moving Seager down the card is doing a disservice to the other 8 players. Tough shit if his feeling get hurt, just show him his stats and that'll keep him quite.