• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears will trade down IMO.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the chance at a difference maker is all but gone. We will be forced to trade down for more picks because of all the needs. If we kept Sitton, Meridith, and one of our OLB's we would have been a better team then we currently are. We could have went into the draft with no gaping holes to fill. Overpaying Burton and Gabriel and keeping Sims at 6 mil per season then releasing Sitton and letting Meridith a young WR go for peanuts is all signs that Pace makes a lot of mistakes. If Pace was worried about Meridiths health then explain why we brought in a WR with injury's and why K Long and K White are still here. I think Pace is the best GM we have had in 15+ years but I still think he is a below average GM. I don't think we get over the hump as long as he is here. Trubs may save his ass but the number of mistakes with Pace is hard to overlook. If you added up all his good vs all his bad moves it would not be pretty. Outside of drafting Pace has been pretty bad as a GM. OK all vented out now, homer mode activated. Were going to the playoffs and Trubs will be a star. Howard will go nuts with less the 11 in the box and I can't wait to see our 2 TE packages dominate and confuse defenses.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impossible to tell if Pace has made a single mistake yet. The concern with Meredith appears to be genuine with his knee. Sitton is old, been banged up with injuries and was owed more than he is worth taking that into consideration. We need guys who are going to stay healthy. It's entirely possible that we've been eyeing Nelson this entire time. Which makes complete sense in releasing Sitton.

If they like a WR on day 2 more than Meredith coming off of a ACL/MCL. I'm okay with the decision - I'd be pissed if we draft Ridley, though.

Doubt we trade down. 4 QB's and Barkley going in front of us leaves 3 guys in Roquan Smith, Chubb and Nelson who are top 5 overall talents. All that fit one of those positions of need, not to mention.

Pace has done a magnificent job to this point. Very little to criticize outside of a few FA moves and White. Which he really had no way of knowing that his body would just implode. He inherited a complete mess in 2015. Looked like it couldn't be salvaged. Fast forward just 3 years and he has the fan-base optimistic. He has done everything right. He's built a great young core through the draft on D. Has found nuggets of gold with Whitehair and Howard in the mid-late rounds on offense. He took a QB we all seem to believe in going forward and hired a coach we're pretty pumped about. He took measures to assure we kept Fangio aboard.

I have faith in Pace. He's given me zero reason to doubt him. So, until that happens - I put my trust in him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were going into the draft with holes created by Pace and 1 legit WR if he is even healthy. We have overpaid most every FA and have the second worse record in the NFL in Pace's time here. Nagy came because of Trubs, not Pace. Outside of drafting well Pace has been nothing short of horrible. The guy has wasted over 100 mil of the McCasky's money on FA bombs. The guy scouted and accessed Glennon to be a starter quality QB, then paid him twice what anyone else offered. He gave Sims 6 mil per year and kept him for this year while saying we can't give Meridith 5 because of injury concerns while bringing in a injured WR for ten times the amount while keeping White and Long. I could go on and on and make a list a mile long on Pace's screw-ups. Yet Pace has given you ZERO reasons to doubt him?????????? Did you miss his time here? Pace has drafted well and failed badly in every other way as a GM. (He's given me zero reason to doubt him. So, until that happens) Jeez, what will it take if the last 3 years have left you with zero doubt. I'm not trying to give you shit Rich but the (zero reason to doubt him remark) is well, I don't have the words and I am universally know as the main Bears homer on every board I post.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were going into the draft with holes created by Pace and 1 legit WR if he is even healthy. We have overpaid most every FA and have the second worse record in the NFL in Pace's time here. Nagy came because of Trubs, not Pace. Outside of drafting well Pace has been nothing short of horrible. The guy has wasted over 100 mil of the McCasky's money on FA bombs. The guy scouted and accessed Glennon to be a starter quality QB, then paid him twice what anyone else offered. He gave Sims 6 mil per year and kept him for this year while saying we can't give Meridith 5 because of injury concerns while bringing in a injured WR for ten times the amount while keeping White and Long. I could go on and on and make a list a mile long on Pace's screw-ups. Yet Pace has given you ZERO reasons to doubt him?????????? Did you miss his time here? Pace has drafted well and failed badly in every other way as a GM. (He's given me zero reason to doubt him. So, until that happens) Jeez, what will it take if the last 3 years have left you with zero doubt. I'm not trying to give you shit Rich but the (zero reason to doubt him remark) is well, I don't have the words and I am universally know as the main Bears homer on every board I post.
People are overrating Meredith. Let’s see how he turns out before labeling that a mistake. I think his Glennon deal was ingenius. He costs next to nothing now. And we REALLY didn’t want Cutler being a mentor to our Future QB. He was here to set the bar all along. I think Pace is doing fantastic. Robinson was a great add and Burton is a very underrated player. He’s going to be amazing in this offense.

Every GM makes a lot of mistakes. Wait until you see what they show on the field. I also don’t see him creating any holes. Sutton wasn’t worth he contract, and if Meredith filled a hole, it was as the back up possession wide receiver to AR. He wasn’t going to be a big weapon in this offense. You have to realize, this offense will not be cutler throwing it big physical receivers. Meredith had a limited opportunity here. We have little depth on defense, but I think all together, it’s a very solid unit. We could draft Edmunds, and then 3 olinemen in a row and look really good going into the season.

The only players teams will trade up for are the 4 QBs, Chubb, or Barkley. All of them will be gone by our pick. I doubt we have much opportunity to trade back.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is lacking some serious logic, noon. I mean Trubs is here, BECAUSE OF PACE, for crying out loud.

I think you're being a tad hyperbolic regarding Pace's "failures". Dion Sims I don't really get...I think they overpaid him, and then should've cut him, but then again, I don't really know the risk/reward with respect to cap hits and such. Maybe it's a better deal to keep him and try to get some production out of him?

Glennon...big deal. He was a stop-gap at best, whose contract was entirely blown out of proportion by pundits. He was the 27th highest paid starting QB last year. Not exactly insanity.

White is in the last year of his bloated rookie contract, of which we have gotten nothing out of him. No reason not to see if that motivates him. Cutting him at this point would just be taking a loss.

I liked Meredith, but think a guy like Inman is just as capable, and I won't pretend to know his health-status more than Bears coaches.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You lost me at "Nagy came because of Trubs, not Pace"... I don't even get that. Pace controls the HC hiring process. Not our 2nd year QB. For chrissake, Noon. lol

Oh, and who brought in Trubs? haha

We have overpaid most every FA

This is simply wrong. Our cap situation has been managed magnificently the past few years. We were in cap hell and look at the opportunities we had this off-season. Not to mention, we're STILL in good cap shape. Every player we paid, was paid exactly at market value.

You have no idea how the Meredith situation will pan out. Zero reason to criticize him.

Noon, I don't even understand your criticism. Pace is pretty unanimously praised by Bears fans and others around the league. Everyone but yourself.

Pace is the reason we have optimism. Your criticisms aren't even criticisms. He missed on a few FA's... and? That's your biggest critique? Lol. What successful GM hasn't had whiffs? None were financially damaging to us.

- He's built a great young core through the draft.
- He's brought in a promising young QB
- He's brought in a HC we all like
- He made sure Fangio was kept
- He turned cap HELL into cap HEAVEN

THIS is a GM's job. He is executing it LITERALLY to perfection. 3 years ago we were in HELL. Now, we have all of the above things on our side. Which are the keys to winning in this league.

I don't understand how anyone could do anything besides praise Ryan Pace right now. I mean, look at your list of critiques here. "6 mil to Dion Sims!"... Oh, no! Not 6 mil to Dion Sims! Bahahaha

You've said some odd shit on this board over the past couple of off-seasons.

By all means... keep ignoring the important shit. Keep doing an entire evaluation on a GM based on blocking TE's and WR's off of an ACL/MCL injury whose talent wasn't ever to even be fully assessed anyway. I liked Meredith (stated so in other threads)... but this isn't such a big deal. He was an undrafted slot receiver off of a big injury.

You are using odd measuring sticks for a GM.

Also, what do all of the players we let walk have in common? INJURIES. Sitton, Willie, Meredith... He said finding ways to stay healthy was a big part of this off-season. Wah-lah. He took on AR - So... I don't blame the guy for not wanting to depend on another guy with an injury like that.

Were going into the draft with holes created by Pace

What? Lol. Our needs our guard, LB, depth WR... What were our needs when Pace got here? Oh yeah! Everything!

What team doesn't have needs? haha

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to agree here Noon, you're overreacting to all this. But in your defense I'll say you have the best damn avatar on this board.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not overreacting here. We lost a good young player that we needed and was cheap. But that is not my problem here, my problem is Pace blows in every aspect of being a GM except one and that's good drafting. My problem is we are 1 WR injury away from last years team. My problem is we gave 32 mil for a TE with 400 yds in 4 years, I like the guy but not at that price. My problem is we let a very fair priced vet G go and have no replacement. My problem is we paid way to much for a speed WR. My problem is we have to use the draft to replace guys we already had. But my biggest issue is Rich saying ( I have faith in Pace. He's given me zero reason to doubt him.) My whole point is he has done plenty to doubt him and I do. I also see the good he has done and I believe we have a bright future. Lets review my sticking point (zero reasons). If Rich said (few reasons) we would technically be good. I could come up with 25 reasons to doubt him and Rich 0, I don't buy that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good Pace has done outweighs the bad. His best moves are the most important ones. Great coaching staff, good young QB to build around, solid drafting. He blows at the rest.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the chance at a difference maker is all but gone. We will be forced to trade down for more picks because of all the needs.

It all depends on how the draft pans out. If the guy(s) Pace wants is gone, he will trade down. Going into the draft saying I'm going to trade down is stupid.

If we kept Sitton, Meridith, and one of our OLB's we would have been a better team then we currently are. We could have went into the draft with no gaping holes to fill.

Hogwash. Others have pointed out your overvaluation of these players. Everyone crying over Meredith. My goodness, who gives a shit. The Bears organization would know better than anyone else the seriousness of his injury and to declare they made a mistake w/out having even the tiniest insight into his medicals is what makes you an idiot.

Overpaying Burton and Gabriel and keeping Sims at 6 mil per season then releasing Sitton and letting Meridith a young WR go for peanuts is all signs that Pace makes a lot of mistakes.

No. It is showing your ignorance.

If Pace was worried about Meridiths health then explain why we brought in a WR with injury's and why K Long and K White are still here.

Omg. What an ass clown. You seriously don't understand the difference between effing Meredith and Long and White?

Outside of drafting Pace has been pretty bad as a GM.

I'll give you the Glennon bonehead signing as the biggest mistake by Pace. Only the true idiots don't think this wasn't a big deal.

My problem is we are 1 WR injury away from last years team.

Otherwise we're superbowl bound? Sometimes you take a step back to take two steps forward. This team is not ready to be superbowl contenders yet so calm down tiger. I like the moves Pace has made so far. He knows what he is doing. He's building a solid young core that'll eventually blossom.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the chance at a difference maker is all but gone. We will be forced to trade down for more picks because of all the needs.

It all depends on how the draft pans out. If the guy(s) Pace wants is gone, he will trade down. Going into the draft saying I'm going to trade down is stupid.
(( needing to trade down for more picks because we made holes is stupid))

If we kept Sitton, Meridith, and one of our OLB's we would have been a better team then we currently are. We could have went into the draft with no gaping holes to fill. ((all hail the mighty Pace))

Hogwash. Others have pointed out your overvaluation of these players. (( other teams nabbed them up quick but I guess only Pace is right)) Everyone crying over Meredith. My goodness, who gives a shit. The Bears organization would know better than anyone else the seriousness of his injury and to declare they made a mistake w/out having even the tiniest insight into his medicals is what makes you an idiot.
(( 2 other teams had doctors that both cleared him without my insite, idiots I'm guessing))

Overpaying Burton and Gabriel and keeping Sims at 6 mil per season then releasing Sitton and letting Meridith a young WR go for peanuts is all signs that Pace makes a lot of mistakes.

No. It is showing your ignorance.
(( Pace did it not me, Sims is worth keeping and Meridith our only No.2 WR was not.))

If Pace was worried about Meridiths health then explain why we brought in a WR with injury's and why K Long and K White are still here.

Omg. What an ass clown. You seriously don't understand the difference between effing Meredith and Long and White?
(( your right one had a injury once and the other 2 had many every year))

Outside of drafting Pace has been pretty bad as a GM.

I'll give you the Glennon bonehead signing as the biggest mistake by Pace. Only the true idiots don't think this wasn't a big deal.
(( 1 out of many))
My problem is we are 1 WR injury away from last years team.

Otherwise we're superbowl bound? Sometimes you take a step back to take two steps forward. This team is not ready to be superbowl contenders yet so calm down tiger. I like the moves Pace has made so far. He knows what he is doing. He's building a solid young core that'll eventually blossom.
(( fuck his core, either Trubs works out or he don't but his core wont make a difference, the fact we aint SB bound is not a excuse for making the same mistakes at WR every year))

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these overpaid FAs, yet we still have like 28 million in cap space.:think:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every article I've read has graded the Bears' 2018 Free Agents signings high. The only questionable decision is Burton, and that is only due to signing Sims last year, and retaining him this year. Bit of a head-scratcher there, but I suppose if he's someone they really sought after, then that is not that crazy of a signing. Every other acquisition was either fair market-value or a slam dunk.

If Robinson returns healthy, Pace knocked that one out of the park. Hell, we got him cheaper than Sammy freaking Watkins??

Gabriel was fair-market.

Chase Daniels was a good back-up signing at a fair-market.

Brought in a reliable place-kicker.

Meredith, while I liked him, it's not like we just let a future HOFer walk, and if they end up offering Inman a contract that whole thing will be moot.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And nobody gives two fucks about Josh Sitton. He is old, and we likely cut bait at just the right time with him. A younger, able-bodied nobody will be more reliable, as it's not like he was some stalwart at the position or something.

There are certain variables to contracts that justify retaining guys like Long and White, but not Meredith. For one, Long and White are already under contract.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And nobody gives two fucks about Josh Sitton. He is old, and we likely cut bait at just the right time with him. A younger, able-bodied nobody will be more reliable, as it's not like he was some stalwart at the position or something.

There are certain variables to contracts that justify retaining guys like Long and White, but not Meredith. For one, Long and White are already under contract.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitton was a probowl G 2 season ago rated as the 5th best G in the NFL last year. The money was fair and we did not need the hole. While not critical it made no sense and was a mistake with no replacement in sight. Meridith was our only no.2 WR and now we have that hole to fill. Gabriel is a speed burner role player and not a every down player that was a 4th or 5th WR last year and we paid him big. Buton has 400 yds in 4 years and comes with a 32 mil price tag. I really like the Burt but 32 mil??? We could have kept our players cheap and bring in these guys as competition. That would have gave us much needed depth instead of not needed holes. And before you tell me those guys were old or not very good you need to remember other teams jumped on them fast. Don't be one of those blind homers that defends bad moves. All GMs make mistakes and so does ours. I give credit where due to Pace and I criticize when I think he fkd up. It's a fair system I run.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitton was a probowl G 2 season ago rated as the 5th best G in the NFL last year. The money was fair and we did not need the hole. While not critical it made no sense and was a mistake with no replacement in sight. Meridith was our only no.2 WR and now we have that hole to fill. Gabriel is a speed burner role player and not a every down player that was a 4th or 5th WR last year and we paid him big. Buton has 400 yds in 4 years and comes with a 32 mil price tag. I really like the Burt but 32 mil??? We could have kept our players cheap and bring in these guys as competition. That would have gave us much needed depth instead of not needed holes. And before you tell me those guys were old or not very good you need to remember other teams jumped on them fast. Don't be one of those blind homers that defends bad moves. All GMs make mistakes and so does ours. I give credit where due to Pace and I criticize when I think he fkd up. It's a fair system I run.
Maybe they feel Bradley Sowell is ready to take the next step. Sitton is good when healthy, and that rate will only get worse going forward.

I'm not a homer. Pace has missed on a few. BFD. Get over it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't get over it until Rich acknowledges it. And were here to discuss these matters so that can't happen if just get over it is your response.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't get over it until Rich acknowledges it. And were here to discuss these matters so that can't happen if just get over it is your response.
Acknowledges what? That it was a tongue-in-cheek comment? Are we arguing over semantics? He was trying to tell you to not jump out of a tall building because the sky isn't falling. Pace really hasn't done enough to warrant the heavy criticism. A few FA misses hardly qualifies. I think he's set a pretty good foundation in a fairly short span. Another good draft and the Bears look pretty good to me going forward.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(( fuck his core, either Trubs works out or he don't but his core wont make a difference, the fact we aint SB bound is not a excuse for making the same mistakes at WR every year))

What does this even mean? lol