• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears sign WR Bennie Fowler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no ideal why except we now need warm bodies. Slow and falls down after every catch. Scheme fit is my second guess. Maybe he gets moved to LG.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no ideal why except we now need warm bodies. Slow and falls down after every catch. Scheme fit is my second guess. Maybe he gets moved to LG.
His 40 time was only .03 seconds slower than Meredith's, so I don't think speed is an issue here. Maybe Cam has better hands and YAC numbers, not sure. But maybe Fowler is also more suited for ST duties as well. Again, haven't had the luxury of digging all that deep into the intangibles of each player, but overall I'd say at worst this is pretty much a wash. I do know this signing will have no effect on my upcoming mocks (coming soon to a theater near you!!), as I will not have a WR any higher than 4th regardless. We have other pressing needs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanna bet WR is pick 1 or 2?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I won't bet because the draft is always a crapshoot. I will say that I would be shocked out of my gourd if the Bears use their top pick on a wideout. IMHO, it would be a complete waste of the #8 spot when you take into consideration the lever of talent that will be there at any number of other positions. I will be quite disappointed, but not necessarily surprised if we use our 2nd on one, especially if said receiver was a pre-draft 1st round consensus that slipped to #39.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expect 2 WRs with one early. At 8 no but if we trade back a little yes.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The general consensus amongst the analysts and pundits is it's one of the weaker drafts in years for WRs in general and frontline starting material in particular. Honestly, if we were set in the majority of other positions, especially the trenches, I might otherwise agree with you. I just think Pace did a serviceable job in addressing our receiver needs in free agency, which will allow us to concentrate on other areas. But when it's all said and done, you may turn out to be 100% spot on. Who knows.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Id be ok with it if we took one with 2nd(Sutton)the 3rd(Chark),but if we trade down to draft Ridley or take Ridley at no.1,I`ll be calling for Paces firing..........

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson -- Meredith
Gabriel -- Wright
Burton -- Zach Miller
Fowler -- Deonte Thompson/Tre McBride
Josh Bellamy - Josh Bellamy
Kevin White - Kevin White

Last year VS this year. Now take the 1 away because of a injury. Does that look like the mistake we made last year. 1 injury and we are no better then last year. Pace is drafting a WR. But then me and Pace are quite often on different pages. If we have another WR meltdown retarding Trubs growth Pace will be on the hot seat.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The general consensus amongst the analysts and pundits is it's one of the weaker drafts in years for WRs in general and frontline starting material in particular. QUOTE]
Not the way I hear it. Lots of No.2 WRs but ya no true 1's.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson -- Meredith
Gabriel -- Wright
Burton -- Zach Miller

Last year VS this year. Now take the 1 away because of a injury. Does that look like the mistake we made last year. 1 injury and we are no better then last year. Pace is drafting a WR. But then me and Pace are quite often on different pages. If we have another WR meltdown retarding Trubs growth Pace will be on the hot seat.
I think you’re underrating the value of a year of growth from Trubisky, Cohen, and Shaheen. You are also underestimating the value of the new offensive system they are bringing in. Finally, Burton will be a much better weapon than Zach Miller.

Taking all of this into consideration, an injury to AR (who I also a lot better than his counter part) is not going to cripple the offense like last year. I think this offense looks much better, with or without AR on the field.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll take that bet. Well actually...Definitely no WR in round 1 but you could be right at 2.

If i ran the Bears, i wouldn't draft a WR. Maybe in round 7

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Special teamer, depth signing. Camp body.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson -- Meredith
Gabriel -- Wright
Burton -- Zach Miller

Except we did not have Meredith or White at all... and barely had Miller with Trubs last year.

Stop being dishonest in every, single thread.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dishonest??? Do you men honest? I listed our WR group from both years exactly as it was. I did not list injury's for last year or the ones coming this year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take that bet. Well actually...Definitely no WR in round 1 but you could be right at 2.

If i ran the Bears, i wouldn't draft a WR. Maybe in round 7
Could be right at 1 too if we trade back. The Bears are showing Courtland Sutton a lot of attention.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a big "if". The bears still have a few holes in needed high value positions. We will see.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a big "if". The bears still have a few holes in needed high value positions. We will see.
Very true. It will come down to who is left on the board when we pick. But getting Trubs protection and WR help is in line with everything we have done this whole offseason.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you’re underrating the value of a year of growth from Trubisky, Cohen, and Shaheen. You are also underestimating the value of the new offensive system they are bringing in. Finally, Burton will be a much better weapon than Zach Miller.

Taking all of this into consideration, an injury to AR (who I also a lot better than his counter part) is not going to cripple the offense like last year. I think this offense looks much better, with or without AR on the field.
Growth comes from experience in a system. This is a new system. I think a much much better system but this year will be about mastering and learning this system. KC took a year to master it. We will too. But a Injury to AR and the box gets stacked again. Right?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. It will come down to who is left on the board when we pick. But getting Trubs protection and WR help is in line with everything we have done this whole offseason.
Yeah, it has been a pretty Offense minded preseason as fast as grabbing star free agents.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it has been a pretty Offense minded preseason as fast as grabbing star free agents.
If we still had Sitton and Meridith we could focus on the D. Without them we have to replace them in this draft. This whole offseason has been about getting help for our QB, and we let our top Olineman and WR go. We will replace them. And that will mean not addressing properly the big holes at ILB OLB.