• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears over/under: 7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought 7+ wins with improved play but my mind is changing. This team believes it is good. We are better then Det and GB. If Trubs keeps improving and I see that happening, the rest of the team is better then anyone outside Chicago realizes. We could use some depth but I don't see the huge holes of the past. Quite the opposite as I see no holes. The oline is good, the def is borderline great, the run game is very strong, the WR group is solid with young guys up and coming. We have multiple TE's that have a shot at greatness. Sorry but the NFL is sleeping on us because of the past. Past is gone and we are solid everywhere from the field to the staff. Infact this staff is as exciting as Cohen himself. Most feel next year our run begins, I think this year it begins. 10+ wins.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought 7+ wins with improved play but my mind is changing. This team believes it is good. We are better then Det and GB. If Trubs keeps improving and I see that happening, the rest of the team is better then anyone outside Chicago realizes. We could use some depth but I don't see the huge holes of the past. Quite the opposite as I see no holes. The oline is good, the def is borderline great, the run game is very strong, the WR group is solid with young guys up and coming. We have multiple TE's that have a shot at greatness. Sorry but the NFL is sleeping on us because of the past. Past is gone and we are solid everywhere from the field to the staff. Infact this staff is as exciting as Cohen himself. Most feel next year our run begins, I think this year it begins. 10+ wins.
I have always liked your optimism Noony, and I really hope you are right, but I don't see more than a 6 or 7 win season.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see 8 or 9 wins this year.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still getting it at 6.5 in my book. Odds are like -130 though.

Minus odds on a bet I can't even cash until January is far too tedious to me.

Only pre-season bet I'll make is the Chargers to win the AFC and Super Bowl. Last I saw, 14/1 and 28/1. Could be down now, though. My book took those bets down back in May. I'm sure they'll re-post.

It's not that I think the Chargers are the best team in football. However, I think they have a shot, a very good looking roster and that those odds are fantastic.
Chargers might surprise, but not a chance in hell they make the super bowl this year.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything can happen. Bounce here or a break there within the North and the Bears could be on the top half of the division. Schedule is brutal, but ya never know.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always liked your optimism Noony, and I really hope you are right, but I don't see more than a 6 or 7 win season.

I agree with you but I do wish the best for the Bears.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love the post Noon.......But I really don't think the league is sleeping on us because of the past,I think they are sleeping on us cause of our qb........He definitely needs more playing time and needs to show he belongs in the NFL,especially since we went out and got him the players to succed......This is why I listed him in the thread "5 players with the most to prove".....

If he can make the league take notice,then I too believe we are a 10 win team......

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the post Noon.......But I really don't think the league is sleeping on us because of the past,I think they are sleeping on us cause of our qb........He definitely needs more playing time and needs to show he belongs in the NFL,especially since we went out and got him the players to succed......This is why I listed him in the thread "5 players with the most to prove".....

If he can make the league take notice,then I too believe we are a 10 win team......
My biggest reason for the optimism so soon is Trubs and Nagy. But also I see a team that is excited to hit the field and prove the world wrong. But I'll be happy with just growth and competitiveness this season. I think well do better then most but if it takes another season I won't be disappointed. We are on the right road and I have not thought that in a very long time.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubs will be fine. Kid's a gamer.

I agree. What I like about Trubs -- is that if he does fail it won't be because of anything besides his ability. It won't be the mental aspect, it won't be a character aspect and it won't be out of losing his teammates. I have already heard a multitude of Bears refer to Trubs as their "best friend". lol. It's rather obvious that this dude is the antithesis of Cutler. Which (even though I have nothing against Cutler) is refreshing. We needed this as a franchise.

He took his lumps a bit last year. A lot of it wasn't to do with him, some of it was legitimate growing pains and showed areas where he needs to improve. However, his attitude is programmed to take those challenges head on. He has every character trait you could ask for in a franchise QB.

Him and Nagy also just seem to have personalities that should gel well. I just want to see this team ball. I am cautiously optimistic this year, but like Noon said -- Just competing, growing and becoming respectable is a successful season.

This is the first year in a while that I just cannot f'ing wait for training camp. Counting the days.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything can happen. Bounce here or a break there within the North and the Bears could be on the top half of the division. Schedule is brutal, but ya never know.

I don't think the schedule is very tough.

I mean, our division is tough. However, what is the AFC East after New England? Subpar and mediocre teams. What is the NFC West after LA? Two declining teams (AZ & SEA) and one unknown in San Fran. NYG and TB as our other NFC matchups? There's nothing special about either of those teams.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the schedule is very tough.

I mean, our division is tough. However, what is the AFC East after New England? Subpar and mediocre teams. What is the NFC West after LA? Two declining teams (AZ & SEA) and one unknown in San Fran. NYG and TB as our other NFC matchups? There's nothing special about either of those teams.
Overall, I agree that this may be an easier schedule than normal, especially the first half. Altho TB crushed us last year, their season began to spiral downward shortly thereafter, and now no Winston for the first three games. We play them on game 4, so it's likely he won't be the starter or even if he is, he'll still be in pre-season game/conditioning mode.

Put it down here now, we're starting the season 2-0. Yes, that means coming out smoking on opening night and whupping the always over-hyped Packers. And if we even so much as only semi-contain Russell, I see no reason whatsoever that we can't beat the crap out of the Seahawks. We'll turn that Legion of Boom into the Legion of Gloom.