• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bears at Bengals preseason game #1

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
y’all must be at the game. Only way to explain the lack of action.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw the video of the Bears pick 6. It's unclear as to why Andy would ever throw the ball to John Ross again.

I've really been trying to give the kid a chance, but that was embarrassing.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O-Line looked great. The offense in general really. That was the main concern. At least mine anyway. I think tonight was a good start.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playcalling looks much improved. That split out Mixon touchdown play never happens in Zampese’s garbage offense.

Several youngsters made plays tonight. Boyd and Malone stood out. Ross beat his man on one play only to have the ball fly over his head.

The backup QB situation is a shitshow. Matt Barkley is fucking awful. If Andy goes down this team may not win a game..

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playcalling looks much improved. That split out Mixon touchdown play never happens in Zampese’s garbage offense.

Several youngsters made plays tonight. Boyd and Malone stood out. Ross beat his man on one play only to have the ball fly over his head.

The backup QB situation is a shitshow. Matt Barkley is fucking awful. If Andy goes down this team may not win a game..

To be fair, I think you could probably say that about 95% of the NFL teams. Backup QB isn't a position that teams invest in, unless they draft a young guy for development due to an aging starter, or are already so bad that they have 3 back-up QB's fighting for a starting role as it is to begin with.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives:

OL looked good. Not great, but definitely signs of improvement.

WR's, overall, showed why they parted ways with Brandon. Really want to see Tate get some run with the #1's, at least in the redzone if nothing else. You line up AJ and Tate Outside and Eiffert in the middle....that's a lot of big bodied pass catchers to try and cover.

Dalton was sharp, as was the DL and defense in general. Mixon is good at football.

Biggest positive: No major injuries.

Negatives:

Backups...woof. LB dude they drafted looks like he can't find his way out of a wet paper bag. Zero awareness.

Ross...what can you say. You fumble your only play last year, and then 1st play this year he slips coming out of his break leading to a pick 6. Sad thing is, that ball was right on the money for Ross to make a play. Can't have that.

Penalties. 10 for 96 yards. Going to really hurt them with the margin of error being slim as it is for this team.

A solid step forward. Lots to work on, but definitely showing signs of potential. The first team O and D looked really good considering the Bears had already played a game.

BurrowDeep2Chase

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at training camp a week ago. Ross burnt everyone and Dalton threw him a perfect pass and he flat out dropped it. Then he dropped another one not two plays later.