• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Battle for the silver boot continues in Houston 05/11-05/13

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odor needs to be singled out. He was terrible last year, in spring training and so far this year. He was rated as the worse position player in the American League last year. And Banny played him all 162 games last year. When is enough, enough.

Well that was last year and he should have been handled differently. Certainly not penciled in every day. Odor did not make out the lineup, Banny does. Do you notice the change in Bannys demeanor in postgsme interviews. All relaxed...even after a loss with so many strikeouts. All about the positive which may be ok but mainly talking about how he looks so relaxed not a care in this world. Perhaps different behind closed doors perhaps not I don't know

I thinks he sees this year is about player development He has to handle the young players better.

Well I am very curious what happens once Elvis gets back. Read one quote stating playing time will be based upon merit. We shall see

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was last year and he should have been handled differently. Certainly not penciled in every day. Odor did not make out the lineup, Banny does. Do you notice the change in Bannys demeanor in postgsme interviews. All relaxed...even after a loss with so many strikeouts. All about the positive which may be ok but mainly talking about how he looks so relaxed not a care in this world.

Banny is relaxed because he’s been told by JD personally that he’ll “ never ever quit” managing the rangers no matter how poorly of a job he does.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who says he is proud?

If the process is working fine, if not then we have a problem. My big beef with this team is pitcher development which has been addressed. I like LeClerc. I hated losing Ortiz, Edwards and THompson. Not counting lower levels although Matuella needs to pitch well and be ready soon

The Hickory club seems to be turning it around so there will be reinforcements but maybe that does not qualify for what have you done for me lately rhetoric.

Benny I give you a little grief because you are fairly articulate and handle it gracefully despite some bias IMO

For the record I don't always disagree with you
You missed the gist of what I said. Don't get hung up on the word proud. The point is that that trade shouldn't have any bearing on either party now because it is too old to matter for either team.

By the way, it has been too late to judge JD for those early trades that JD made too. I am talking about the ones that weren't so good that happened prior to the Teixeira trade.

I am well aware of the talent that is in our lower levels. I was also well aware of the talent at those same levels a few years back. Until they actually arrive here and don't actually land in Philly or Milwaukee it is too early to credit anyone for them.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Err ok ....
Well try this one.

You have a guy on third with less than 2 outs late game. The guy you can't count on currently is Gallo same as Odor. Both need to learn how to get the bat on the ball in these situation. Both have talent and needs to true it around and should. Maz is hitting well right now. Well it sure is nice to have to have Beltre in the lineup so you can see pitches.

Beltre is the guy I want with the game on the line needing contact. But the problem is he has Gallo following him and sees no pitches. Fortunately Gallo walked and Profar bailed him out and the two following failed.

But This has nothing to do with Profar who I like and have always liked but you, Snake and your crew don't seem to realize.

So the analogy does not work? SMH

Ok I will pile on again. Most of this board gave up on Gsllo last year but not me. I said llet him play but bat bottom of lineup. Right?

I am not ready to give up on Odor this year. If we were in contention, yes pencil in Profar but we are not.

Have you seen what Jeffress is doing? Stats look pretty good for BREWCREW. Quick to rush into judgment is not a good look
Odor has been given a lot longer chance that Gallo ever had a year ago.

You had some company in not giving up on Gallo.

I don't mind not giving up on Odor. I just don't want to see him playing 2B when Elvis comes back. Maybe, they can send Odor down to work on playing LF. He has no business being in the lineup in Profar's place even for a few weeks.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odor has been given a lot longer chance that Gallo ever had a year ago.

You had some company in not giving up on Gallo.

I don't mind not giving up on Odor. I just don't want to see him playing 2B when Elvis comes back. Maybe, they can send Odor down to work on playing LF. He has no business being in the lineup in Profar's place even for a few weeks.

I didn't give up on Gallo, but I did want him to get more time at AAA. Just thought the progression would benefit him, and us in the long run.

I mentioned last year about moving Odor to LF and it wasn't well received by most. But, I'm with ya in that, if push-comes-to-shove, send him to AAA and let him play 2nd/LF there. But the cold hard fact of the matter is, he's not going to cut it big time defensively regardless of what position he plays. His bat has got to get better, or else this is one helluva boondoggle of a contract.

Last edited:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And really they should not sit him but Profar needs to play as well. Banny needs to get regular time for them both after Elvis comes back.

We shall see if talent is moved at the break to open up playing time for a number of players

They'll have plenty of time to make a decision on who's going to play 2B when Andrus comes back, it should either be Profar or Odor, make a tough decision and move on, it's going to do neither of them an favors to keep flip flopping

Hopefully some deals are made soon to clear up some logjams

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallo needs to step it up a notch too while in the development mode

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallo :doh:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible Choo. Extra step and bad throw up the line. Never had a chance.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game could get outta control and fast.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar continues to get it done.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Moore not helping much but really could not expect him to.

He's avg slightly over 4 innings per start and his ERA is approaching 8. Not gonna win many this way, plus he's a one man BP killer.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's avg slightly over 4 innings per start and his ERA is approaching 8. Not gonna win many this way, plus he's a one man BP killer.
Good seats today. No one showed up.:nono:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Might as well lump Chavez and Moore together at this point, together they might get through 6 innings

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well lump Chavez and Moore together at this point, together they might get through 6 innings

Well, that's exactly what they did today, but Chavez's 3 were perfect.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This club is damn near un-watchable! Swear......I'm out