• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Basketball.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it up for the ladies knocking off UConn.

Let’s hope there’s enough left in the tank for the final Sun. night.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The really impressive thing is that they aredrastically missing some important players with all injuries.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The really impressive thing is that they aredrastically missing some important players with all injuries.

not as many as they'd have you believe. lily thompson was not a starter, mychal johnson is not a starter, the freshman center vaughn wouldn't have gotten hardly any playing time and brianna turner is the most over-rated player they've had in a long time. the team is much better with shepard in her place. granted they're not very deep and that has an effect ... but again, not as much as you might think.

the important part of this team is totally intact. that is why they're in the championship game!

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briana Turner was ACC freshman of the year. As a sophomore she was AP second team all american, coaches voted her ACC Player of the Year and ACC defensive player of the year. As a junior she was AP second team all american, ACC defensive player of the year and a Naismith Trophy semifinalist. Those stupid coaches, evidently, they don’t know crap about basketball.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briana Turner was ACC freshman of the year. As a sophomore she was AP second team all american, coaches voted her ACC Player of the Year and ACC defensive player of the year. As a junior she was AP second team all american, ACC defensive player of the year and a Naismith Trophy semifinalist. Those stupid coaches, evidently, they don’t know crap about basketball.

accolades mean nothing! she was always highly touted coming out of high school and so that naturally carried over into college. i'm sure you've seen this before. but the fact is she's done nothing to deserve those accolades. she's disappeared against the really good teams and shined against the weak teams. she's been injured because she's so delicate for a large portion of her career and she is NOT tough! i'm not saying she's no good .... i'm saying she's extremely over-rated.

you take turner and i'll take shepard and i'll beat you every time. and shepard never got those accolades.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
accolades mean nothing! she was always highly touted coming out of high school and so that naturally carried over into college. i'm sure you've seen this before. but the fact is she's done nothing to deserve those accolades. she's disappeared against the really good teams and shined against the weak teams. she's been injured because she's so delicate for a large portion of her career and she is NOT tough! i'm not saying she's no good .... i'm saying she's extremely over-rated.

you take turner and i'll take shepard and i'll beat you every time. and shepard never got those accolades.

Accolades actually do mean something. It’s the recognition of an outstanding performance.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...................sigh. just wait to see what she does in the pros if she's drafted.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...................sigh. just wait to see what she does in the pros if she's drafted.

So if a player doesn’t do well in the pros, it means they stunk in college? Does that go for guys like Tony Rice?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if a player doesn’t do well in the pros, it means they stunk in college? Does that go for guys like Tony Rice?

apples and oranges. rice wasn't highly touted. you don't seem to understand what i'm saying so let's say we just drop it. important thing is they won!