• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baltimore Ravens Ongoing Thread

Ravskins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be interested on how Perriman does. Usually with speedsters it's the hands that fail them. If he has the hands, he'll be very good.

It's going to be cool to see Perriman develop throughout the year. I do like that he is a hands catcher. The route running I am not too worried about for his rookie year. Just looking for him to take advantage of Flacco's arm.

With you getting Graham, nothing beats that move. It's going to be interesting on how it will impact your offense and your game plans. It's going to be a great game when you guys come to town. A true slugfest in the making. You think Wilson's contract will get done this summer?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our improvement will be getting everyone healthy and back to normal. That in itself is a huge improvement. Last year's secondary was the first time in a long time that the D couldn't hold leads. They went through 7 starting CB's and 4 safeties last year. That will have an impact and despite of all that the defense still managed Top 10 in both yards and points scored against. Then add in Kendrick Lewis and Arrington for depth and the D is a step away from being elite.

BB is taking a huge risk with the new secondary. I know from last year's squad that the Raven's pressure helped but it didn't totally cover it up obviously. Are there any young studs that just need the playing time?[/QUOTE]

Many. Most of what we have left (excluding Butler) were drafted and have been learning and waiting to get on the field for this specific time. Browner was signed before the rule change and was often out-played by the kids. Revis is a loss but the loss was expected and planned for. You can have Arrington. Good slot CB but teams found a way to constantly draw him to the outside, where he was constantly beat.
Pats were 17th in passing yards allowed. Bend, don't break defense allows the yards. We can do the same with what we have and the front 7 is going to be killer!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be cool to see Perriman develop throughout the year. I do like that he is a hands catcher. The route running I am not too worried about for his rookie year. Just looking for him to take advantage of Flacco's arm.

With you getting Graham, nothing beats that move. It's going to be interesting on how it will impact your offense and your game plans. It's going to be a great game when you guys come to town. A true slugfest in the making. You think Wilson's contract will get done this summer?
The white elephant in the room. I really think the Seahawks better sign him this off season, because the price only goes up. I was blown the heck away when the Seahawks traded for Graham, didn't see that coming at all. The Seahawks WRs having been lacking, so this was a stroke of genius IMO.

Ravskins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many. Most of what we have left (excluding Butler) were drafted and have been learning and waiting to get on the field for this specific time. Browner was signed before the rule change and was often out-played by the kids. Revis is a loss but the loss was expected and planned for. You can have Arrington. Good slot CB but teams found a way to constantly draw him to the outside, where he was constantly beat.
Pats were 17th in passing yards allowed. Bend, don't break defense allows the yards. We can do the same with what we have and the front 7 is going to be killer!

As far as I am aware, Arrington is being used for slot and depth for Jimmy and Webb. There's enough talent on the D for him not having to be great. I've heard about his exploits from last year so just do the job most of the time. I loved the Sheard pick up for you guys but he's mostly a run stuffer right?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I am aware, Arrington is being used for slot and depth for Jimmy and Webb. There's enough talent on the D for him not having to be great. I've heard about his exploits from last year so just do the job most of the time. I loved the Sheard pick up for you guys but he's mostly a run stuffer right?
Other than Arrington, What have you added to your secondary?

Ravskins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The white elephant in the room. I really think the Seahawks better sign him this off season, because the price only goes up. I was blown the heck away when the Seahawks traded for Graham, didn't see that coming at all. The Seahawks WRs having been lacking, so this was a stroke of genius IMO.

Damn right. Flacco gambled with his contract and won with a trophy in his hands. I think Wilson deserves it because it comes down to winning and that is one thing he knows how to do. Also, the Seahawks have been getting his services with a rookie contract. It's time to make the man a very rich QB. You think they will? Also, what's your thoughts about the Ravens/Seahawks game?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn right. Flacco gambled with his contract and won with a trophy in his hands. I think Wilson deserves it because it comes down to winning and that is one thing he knows how to do. Also, the Seahawks have been getting his services with a rookie contract. It's time to make the man a very rich QB. You think they will? Also, what's your thoughts about the Ravens/Seahawks game?
Yes they will sign him, just a question of when. No team lets their franchise QB walk, never been done, just to hard to find one for that.
Looking forward to the Ravens vs Seahawks game, like it better if it was in Seattle. Should be a slobber knocker.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they will sign him, just a question of when. No team lets their franchise QB walk, never been done, just to hard to find one for that.
Looking forward to the Ravens vs Seahawks game, like it better if it was in Seattle. Should be a slobber knocker.
We drew the short straw on that one... PIT has to play in SEA. Should be a tough game! Lookin forward to it!

Ravskins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle takes both games. Ravens and Pittsburgh.....
They could but I don't see it happening. I believe that the teams are pretty close to being equals. Seattle has the disadvantages of playing in Baltimore and flying cross country (they do play in MN the week before so a lot of travelling).

I believe that the Ravens can contain the ground game to the point to allow the offense to find a few scoring opportunities. Playing against tough defenses is a regular with the Ravens doing it year after year with the defenses in the AFCN.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could but I don't see it happening. I believe that the teams are pretty close to being equals. Seattle has the disadvantages of playing in Baltimore and flying cross country (they do play in MN the week before so a lot of travelling).

I believe that the Ravens can contain the ground game to the point to allow the offense to find a few scoring opportunities. Playing against tough defenses is a regular with the Ravens doing it year after year with the defenses in the AFCN.

Cincinnati - 20th against the pass,
Baltimore - 23rd,
Pittsburgh - 27th?
Tough defenses? You must be talking about Cleveland.
Baltimore and Pittsburgh will not stop Seattle offense.
Seattle might have to worry about Cleveland......

Ravskins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincinnati - 20th against the pass,
Baltimore - 23rd,
Pittsburgh - 27th?
Tough defenses? You must be talking about Cleveland.
Baltimore and Pittsburgh will not stop Seattle offense.
Seattle might have to worry about Cleveland......
Nice taking my post out of context Southie. I never mentioned how Seattle's offense will do against the AFCN this year. I said that Baltimore has faced tough defenses year after year which will help with face Seattle's. Since Flacco has been in the league, the AFCN has produced 16 Top 10 defenses of which 10 were Top 5 D's.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice taking my post out of context Southie. I never mentioned how Seattle's offense will do against the AFCN this year. I said that Baltimore has faced tough defenses year after year which will help with face Seattle's. Since Flacco has been in the league, the AFCN has produced 16 Top 10 defenses of which 10 were Top 5 D's.

:lol: You have to watch Southie, he'll pick your brain just for fun...Reminds me of a guy I like a lot, Me !!!:D

Ravskins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens re-signed Sam Koch! Hell of a signing!
Hey, welcome. One more off next year's list. I like the extension. Koch was one of the top punters last year and has been very consistent for us over the years. Not much guarantee money so easy to release if need be.

The Ravens have a big choice coming up next spring with KO and Yanda both UFA's.

Ravskins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: You have to watch Southie, he'll pick your brain just for fun...Reminds me of a guy I like a lot, Me !!!:D
Agreed. I've seen him try but we only need one of you running around.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle takes both games. Ravens and Pittsburgh.....

When you are done praying for that, let me enlighten you to the fact that God doesn't grant prayers based on jealousy, covetousness,and hatred....
So in Oldschool terms ; Fahgettaboutit !!....:D

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We drew the short straw on that one... PIT has to play in SEA. Should be a tough game! Lookin forward to it!

Me too, love me some smash mouth style football, reminds me that it's still a man's game....:nod: