• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baldwin's sideline grab a Top 5 catch

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could argue that catch changed the momentum as we were down 24-7 at that point and still hadn't stopped them on D at all.

He had similar catches in the games @ Carolina and @Houston and both I believe were on scoring drives when we were trailing.

You could argue he won us 3 games with those 3 clutch catches. His stats from yesterday should be the norm and the exception going forward. I'd like to see him get the ball more.

PistolHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His stats from yesterday should be the norm and the exception going forward. I'd like to see him get the ball more.

I hope this is the case. If you look back, Baldwin had his big year when Rice was hurt in 2011. He's already equaled his catch total from last season (when he was hurt) and should easily surpass his TD total.

I'm interested to see how this group of WR's does once Percy comes back. This could very well be the group we see over the next few years (Harvin, Tate, Baldwin, Kearse, draft pick(s)). Pretty short group with the exception of Kearse, but a lot of speed and play making ability.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had two very unusual drops on back to back plays in the first or second quarter. I was shocked. He's usually money on those types of catches. He made up for it big time later in the game though.

I know one thing, Seattle thought they'd be fine with our receivers against what they thought would be a weaker opponent. I don't think they'll make that mistake again. Percy Harvin won't get "rested" any additional weeks from here out.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had two very unusual drops on back to back plays in the first or second quarter. I was shocked. He's usually money on those types of catches. He made up for it big time later in the game though.

I know one thing, Seattle thought they'd be fine with our receivers against what they thought would be a weaker opponent. I don't think they'll make that mistake again. Percy Harvin won't get "rested" any additional weeks from here out.

When they interviewed Baldwin after the game he told the reporter he nervous going into that game and it took him a few series to get into it. He said he has been used to being a slot receiver since he was here and this was his first game starting on the outside. He also said he has always wanted to be on the outside and that's why he had a few butterflies. He really wants to nail his role out there and cement a spot on the outside going forward.

I can say this, his recovery and catches going forward were nice, but most of his catches were either on scheme or broken plays. He isn't going to be any better than Rice was at getting separation on his own. Don't get me wrong, he will make some great catches for us and at least he will likely catch most of the balls thrown his way now that the jitters are gone. I'm just not sold that he is indeed an outside guy that will make the team next year in that role. Maybe he will prove me wrong with more time in that position. :noidea:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin's great catch along the sideline in the 3rd quarter made nfl.com's Top 5 catch list.

Week 9: Top 5 catches - NFL Videos

I love Baldwin.

I love Tate a lot more than most, too, antics aside. There were quite a few fans that worry everytime Tate goes back to field a punt but he continues to make contributions and big plays. I give him carte blanche to catch the ball inside the 10, which is typically a no-go in the NFL.

Tate beat up Patrick Peterson pretty well in Zona. Tate is a tough runner in the open field and knows how to shake, bake and shove defenders off him. While not perfect, he's integral to our success and needs to be more consistent in his route running.

He can be a playmaker with his hands, leaping ability and timing but often looks like he did at Notre Dame catching balls from Clausen. I just felt the need to get Tate some love since he's not really liked or appreciated that much overall by our fan-base. :noidea:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Baldwin.

I love Tate a lot more than most, too, antics aside. There were quite a few fans that worry everytime Tate goes back to field a punt but he continues to make contributions and big plays. I give him carte blanche to catch the ball inside the 10, which is typically a no-go in the NFL.

Tate beat up Patrick Peterson pretty well in Zona. Tate is a tough runner in the open field and knows how to shake, bake and shove defenders off him. While not perfect, he's integral to our success and needs to be more consistent in his route running.

He can be a playmaker with his hands, leaping ability and timing but often looks like he did at Notre Dame catching balls from Clausen. I just felt the need to get Tate some love since he's not really liked or appreciated that much overall by our fan-base. :noidea:

I like Tate too as long as that taunting crap was a one time thing.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate and Baldwin are the Hawks two best WR even when Rice was healthy. like it or not this is fact and the numbers speak truth to this. Tate is a special type of WR that is near the league leaders in Yards after catch and Baldwin is clutch when you need that "clutch" catch, he also always finds a way to be their and open for those "clutch" catches.

Some people hate on Tate..well its really only 2 people lol but he is right now the best WR on the team and was when the season started. Like it or not your hate will not change that. You know who you are :P

Tate is a solid #2 so is Baldwin, as for separation you all need to watch the coaches film. Tate and Baldwin BOTH get lots of separation but Russell is not finding them. I was shocked watching the film of the past 4 weeks and seeing Tate wide open more than a handful of times in EACH game and the play just doesn't go to him.

So as far as "they don't get separation" talk, you need to stop and pay the money for the coaches film then blow smoke out your ass all you want.

Russell Wilson is not playing well right now, well enough to win but he is not seeing the open man about 60% of the time or HIGHER. I believe this has everything to do with the Oline and his eyes have dropped a little. I do not blame him, he has been HAMMERED almost every week from the start of this season and all though he has not said it you know he just doesn't have the trust in his line right now that he needs to have, but rightfully so he doesn't. They are getting him killed and as the season has gone on and the injuries mounted it has got worse.

Our WR are not as bad as some of you think but our Oline is worse than you all believe it to be. That is the issue. Not the WR and lack of separation its the lack of protection not allowing Russell to go through his reads. Don't fall into the "piling on" trap that so many others including so called experts are doing. Just pay the extra for coaches film and see what is really going on. I know it opened my eyes when i saw it.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T
A
T
E

He's worth his weight in GOLD. :yahoo: