• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Badgers announced their new defensive coordinator

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Great Dayne is over here acting like Wiscy is so far ahead when we've had them on the ropes the last two seasons.

A real quarterback should pretty much solve all of this stick talk.

You still have Tommy Gun as your QB. If you did have a legitimate QB then I would agree.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I'm saying. 2018 is our year. I don't expect a B1G title contender while breaking in a new QB.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L He was a Senior last year.

Ok, then you will have to rely on an unproven QB to step up then. If they do turn out legit then you have a case. I like your D coordinator and recruiting class but it's a wait and see for your QB which is a similar situation with us. I personally think Hornibrook is average. He has great accuracy but a noodle arm and no mobility. The two young guns appear better on tape and were ranked much higher. Hornibrook gave away both the Michigan and OSU game. I really wish Houston would've started those games. We seen in the bowl game how he was basically flawless. Although both QB's did suck vs Nebraska as they threw terrible int's on our side of the field with a lead but our defense saved the day in that game.

In many cases Nebraska and Wisconsin will be similar in running a 3-4 scheme on defense and having a pro style run first offense. The question will remain who will be the starting QB's and how well will they perform.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I'm saying. 2018 is our year. I don't expect a B1G title contender while breaking in a new QB.

My fault, I thought you were talking about next season. They will be young and talented but it will be the first year in the 3-4 scheme and first year starting QB.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fault, I thought you were talking about next season. They will be young and talented but it will be the first year in the 3-4 scheme and first year starting QB.

That sounds an awful lot like Wisconsin last year :D

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And not for nothing, Tanner Lee already has a full season of D1 football under his belt. Regardless of what you may say about his completion percentage or QB rating, NFL scouts aren't flying out to watch him throw for no reason.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds an awful lot like Wisconsin last year :D

Wisconsin had 3 years in the 3-4 scheme already. Wilcox the new DC didn't reinvent the wheel, he just added a few twists to it. Also, we had a 5th senior QB that basically split time with the freshmen QB so it wasn't 100% up to Hornibrook who had a few good moments but cost us the Michigan game for sure. Hopefully your new QB's can actually move a little unlike Hornibrook. What was even worse was Joel Stave as he couldn't run or pass but the stupid fucker started for four damn years. It was brutal to watch.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh god Smart is here.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart, I see you lurking.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just laughing at how you are cherry-picking interceptions as random while ignoring that the rest of our defensive stats were amazing. Leonhard did great with the DBs. He even helped get our very undersized CB a combine invite.

Although, I wanted Tibesar. I don't like the idea of passing over an obviously deserving candidate because he's not an alum and doesn't have the big name.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In many cases Nebraska and Wisconsin will be similar in running a 3-4 scheme on defense and having a pro style run first offense. The question will remain who will be the starting QB's and how well will they perform.

Pro-Style, yes. Run first? I have heard Langsdorf say he prefers to take the top off a defense to back everyone out of the box. Then run it and PA off that.

He's going to want to throw it around.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just laughing at how you are cherry-picking interceptions as random while ignoring that the rest of our defensive stats were amazing. Leonhard did great with the DBs. He even helped get our very undersized CB a combine invite.

Although, I wanted Tibesar. I don't like the idea of passing over an obviously deserving candidate because he's not an alum and doesn't have the big name.

My argument includes the fact that you can have amazing stats in every category and still not have very many interceptions.

You can also have average-to-poor defensive stats and have a high amount of interceptions.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to sound like an ass, but Wiscy is not ever gonna be anything other than a B1G championship contender on down years for the league.

They'll never compete for national titles. Ever.

Meanwhile, Nebraska hasnt been anything close to their former selves in over 15 years. You are delusional, nebraska will be jack squat for some time to come

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, Nebraska hasnt been anything close to their former selves in over 15 years. You are delusional, nebraska will be jack squat for some time to come

I keep reading your posts in the voice of Bart Simpson.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Ojb81 quit spammin' me brah!

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe. I mean it's possible. Unlikely, but possible. We've been getting our hearts ripped out for so long I'm kinda numb to it.