• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AWOL Henderson receives one game suspension

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL handed down a 1 game ban to AWOL Broncos WR Carlos Henderson for substance abuse.

3rd round pick down the drain. I don't see how this guy can possibly make the roster even if he decides to return. Be interesting to know what his mindset right now. Is he dealing with a personal issue? If so, I feel bad for him, but he isn't helping his football career out. Maybe he sits on the suspension list all year.

He was arrested in January for marijuana possession.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL handed down a 1 game ban to AWOL Broncos WR Carlos Henderson for substance abuse.

3rd round pick down the drain. I don't see how this guy can possibly make the roster even if he decides to return. Be interesting to know what his mindset right now. Is he dealing with a personal issue? If so, I feel bad for him, but he isn't helping his football career out. Maybe he sits on the suspension list all year.

One game for substance abuse?? What did they catch him doing - eating Tide Pods?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh shit only weed? Get a hold of the Browns. They'll trade for him.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Henderson could use the extra week off to squeeze in some job interviews at the mall. He won't be able to even afford weed pretty soon.

In all seriousness, I know the dude has talent. It's just been a frustrating NFL journey so far. I don't think he'll be a Bronco for much longer.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the struggles of the NFL in Henderson's case just show how strong players need to be mentally to play this game.

I've got some stories on that with players I know, but I won't go into details. It's tough. Not everything is peaches and cream in the NFL world. Mentally it can do a lot.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the struggles of the NFL in Henderson's case just show how strong players need to be mentally to play this game.

I've got some stories on that with players I know, but I won't go into details. It's tough. Not everything is peaches and cream in the NFL world. Mentally it can do a lot.

Man - that is a good point. You are now officially good for something.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the time you are drafted into the NFL you are physically gifted enough to play the game. The difference between being a bust/washout and great comes down to opportunity and mental abilities. Peyton was not as physically gifted as Ryan Leaf, but there is no comparison in their successes and failures.

I hope Carlos takes the year off and gets things right mentally and in his life. I am not sure if he can stay on the did not report list all year, but if he can that might be the best thing for the player. Then next March have him report and we may see a player that is capable of contributing. Counseling can do a lot for the metal make up and how to handle things.