• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aw shit!!!!!!!!!

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lightning sign GM Yzerman to contract extension

Monday, 04.07.2014 / 3:57 PM /*News NHL.com

The*Tampa Bay Lightning*have signed general manager*Steve Yzerman*to a four-year contract extension. Yzerman had one year left on his current contract.

The Lightning are heading to the Stanley Cup Playoffs for the second time in Yzerman's four seasons. They made it all the way to Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Final in 2011 before losing to the eventual Stanley Cup champion*Boston Bruins.

"Since the day Steve agreed to serve as our vice president and general manager, he has worked tirelessly to transform our hockey department and establish the groundwork for sustained success," Lightning chairman and governor Jeff Vinik said in making the announcement. "We are very pleased with Steve's job performance thus far, and I am fully confident Steve remains the right person to continue to lead us.

"Organizationally, we remain committed to playing at the highest levels each season -- regularly competing for the Stanley Cup -- and I am very pleased that Steve has elected to be our leader for the next several years."

With Yzerman as general manager, the Lightning are 144-114-32 in just under four full seasons.

"I'm grateful for the opportunity to continue the process we started four years ago and would like to thank Jeff Vinik for entrusting me with the responsibility of leading the*Tampa Bay Lightning," Yzerman said. "I'm very excited about what lies ahead for our organization and truly enjoy working with a fantastic group of people in Tampa Bay."

I_Shall's skinny: :omg::wtf2: Organizationally, we remain committed to playing at the highest levels each season -- regularly competing for the Stanley Cup -- and I am very pleased that Steve has elected to be our leader for the next several years." :omg::wtf2: Define highest levels please JV. Undoubtedly it must mean to him: To play shitty teams very lack luster & crappy. And definition #2 must be to play with no desire to step up during "crunch time" to make & go far in the playoffs! Also JV, please define regularly competing for the Stanley Cup. This must mean to only get to the playoffs (doesn't matter how deep the Bolts go) every 3 years! HAHAHAHA, PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATHETIC!!!!!!!!!! :lame: :omg: :wtf2:

Last edited by a moderator:

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, do I hear a 4 year plan arising? I hope he has the friggin word "defense" in this stupid ass plan!!!!!!!

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need a 2 year plan to fix this defense! not a 5 year plan! well yzerman has the keys to the lightning for 5 more years!

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need a 2 year plan to fix this defense! not a 5 year plan! well yzerman has the keys to the lightning for 5 more years!

Yes he does, not by my vote. :L. :bawling: :gaah: :bullshit:

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, one if not the best GM in the league. He is going to build a power house here for years to come and is in the process of doing that currently. I can't see the wheels falling of this wagon any time soon. We see all this young talent which is going to get continuously better and more of it is on the way. Yzerman may have overpaid slightly for his FA's but look at the impact they have had, look at what Filppula has done. Carle somewhat inconsistent but a steady performer who plays as situations and has allowed Radko Gudas to play his game. Sami Salo, yet another solid contributor, has really helped Hedman's game mature. I think Yzerman has made this an attractive organization to play for also don't forget the likes of Conacher, Johnson, Sustr and Kunyk who he's also brought in the past couple of years. Then look at the trades he's made over the years, getting the likes of Gagne, Brewer and Roloson dirt cheap during the playoff run in 2011. Then you look ahead to today. Let's start off with the Bish deal, who won that? Remember the 3 way deal between us Detroit and Colorado. Basically in the end the Lightning got Andrei Vasilevsky for Steve Downie, another 10 years for now I think that's easily another win for the bolts. Then the Marty trade. With a hand tied behind his back he gets Callahan, a 1st and a 2nd for Marty. Now we don't trade if Callahan leaves town but I don't think that will happen but either way given the circumstances he will put in, I think Yzerman did a A+ job. Now we all know we need D and I bet my house on it that we do get D help in the summer, Yzerman and his staff are too good not too.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, one if not the best GM in the league. He is going to build a power house here for years to come and is in the process of doing that currently. I can't see the wheels falling of this wagon any time soon. We see all this young talent which is going to get continuously better and more of it is on the way. Yzerman may have overpaid slightly for his FA's but look at the impact they have had, look at what Filppula has done. Carle somewhat inconsistent but a steady performer who plays as situations and has allowed Radko Gudas to play his game. Sami Salo, yet another solid contributor, has really helped Hedman's game mature. I think Yzerman has made this an attractive organization to play for also don't forget the likes of Conacher, Johnson, Sustr and Kunyk who he's also brought in the past couple of years. Then look at the trades he's made over the years, getting the likes of Gagne, Brewer and Roloson dirt cheap during the playoff run in 2011. Then you look ahead to today. Let's start off with the Bish deal, who won that? Remember the 3 way deal between us Detroit and Colorado. Basically in the end the Lightning got Andrei Vasilevsky for Steve Downie, another 10 years for now I think that's easily another win for the bolts. Then the Marty trade. With a hand tied behind his back he gets Callahan, a 1st and a 2nd for Marty. Now we don't trade if Callahan leaves town but I don't think that will happen but either way given the circumstances he will put in, I think Yzerman did a A+ job. Now we all know we need D and I bet my house on it that we do get D help in the summer, Yzerman and his staff are too good not too.
Got to really agree here yzerman has done way more good then bad here for sure! It's starting to look better on the lindback deal now he has been steller! Glad to see steve yzerman stay here. But I think steve has a lot if work to do with this defense for sure.

SomeGuy

Christian Conservative
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know there were Lightning fans here. Kind of lost touch with them when I moved from Tampa back in 2002.

I went to the first preseason game they had back at the Expo Hall at the fairgrounds.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know there were Lightning fans here. Kind of lost touch with them when I moved from Tampa back in 2002.

I went to the first preseason game they had back at the Expo Hall at the fairgrounds.
most came over from the espn boards when they closed

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need to give credit to yzerman he solved are goalies issues for the present and the future!

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes our goalie woes are cured for the time being. ( when you think of all the duds we had here since Habbi.) What a strange turn around for Lindback at the end of the year !

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they resign Lindback I may quit watching the Lightning. ( not really ). But he has to go. Both goals would have been stopped by Bishop. End of first 2-0 Habs
I hate to be the first team eliminated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they resign Lindback I may quit watching the Lightning. ( not really ). But he has to go. Both goals would have been stopped by Bishop. End of first 2-0 Habs
I hate to be the first team eliminated.
Lindback is not going to get resigned Kristers Gudlevskis and Andrey Vasilevskiy will take the back up spot next season for sure! at this point there is not point in signing a vet to back up ben! these two guys could both do it. Vasilevskiy is already better then gudlevskis and guds proved he can handle the nhl tonight!