• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AT&T Nelson

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Wise collected his 1st PGAT win rather easily over Marc Leishman and a pretty decent field.

While Leishman didn't play badly, tying the lead with an eagle on 5...the young Wise made birdie on top of him to regain the lead at -19 and I don't think he lost the lead again.

Played on a new venue for the 1st time...Trinity Forest...another minimalist design from the Coore-Crenshaw design group. It's not the most pleasant looking course to look at on TV, but neither are some of the true links.

Another 1st time winner!

Congrat Aaron!

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Wise collected his 1st PGAT win rather easily over Marc Leishman and a pretty decent field.

While Leishman didn't play badly, tying the lead with an eagle on 5...the young Wise made birdie on top of him to regain the lead at -19 and I don't think he lost the lead again.

Played on a new venue for the 1st time...Trinity Forest...another minimalist design from the Coore-Crenshaw design group. It's not the most pleasant looking course to look at on TV, but neither are some of the true links.

Another 1st time winner!

Congrat Aaron!

Only saw a few seconds of it, and it just happened to be an aerial view of the course...i didn't see any trees.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only saw a few seconds of it, and it just happened to be an aerial view of the course...i didn't see any trees.

There were none...on the course.....look like they just gutted a track of land and routing some golf holes.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were none...on the course.....look like they just gutted a track of land and routing some golf holes.

I don't know what I'd do if I didn't hear my ball hitting a tree at some point in the round.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what I'd do if I didn't hear my ball hitting a tree at some point in the round.

You and me both...last week I played probably 14 or 15 holes with one ball, but it was punched out or hit out of the trees at least 3 times...:D.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Built on an old land fill. Called Trinity Forest without a tree on the course! Go figure! Also no water on the course. Supposed the only course the PGA tour has played without both water or trees.

There is a ton of forest around it. Just not on the course.
www.golfdigest.com/story/trinity-forest-golf-club-promises-to-be-the-pga-tours-most-unique-venue
1526481637-NM_20aerials10SP.jpg

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Built on an old land fill. Called Trinity Forest without a tree on the course! Go figure! Also no water on the course. Supposed the only course the PGA tour has played without both water or trees.

www.golfdigest.com/story/trinity-forest-golf-club-promises-to-be-the-pga-tours-most-unique-venue

I've played 3 or 4 Coore-Crenshaw courses and all have been designed for walking and very little dirt moved is their MO...doesn't look like they had to move much of anything here given the land was already scrapped and functioning as a landfill.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder if they have any methane leaks. Went to a concert years ago at a place that used to be a landfill. Had to be careful when sparking a joint.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily shoot in the low 80s...

Wife hits a tree and the ball goes in the fairway, I hit one and get a terrible lie further in the tree line.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and me both...last week I played probably 14 or 15 holes with one ball, but it was punched out or hit out of the trees at least 3 times...:D.

The bermuda rough is cut so deep at my home course that I lose atleast a ball a round just in the rough because I didn't walk right over it. Can't spend 5 minutes looking for every ball that misses the fairway, so I drop where I think it should be and keep moving.

The good thing is I always find more balls than I lose... and usually Pro V1s...

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another 1st time winner!

Congrat Aaron!
Nice to see another young guy win. I thought he was not going to be able to hold off Leishman and Grace but he did. Good for him.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if they have any methane leaks. Went to a concert years ago at a place that used to be a landfill. Had to be careful when sparking a joint.
Wouldn't be surprising if they did. But this was an old one from what I understand. Not sure how long ago they closed it. But they are designing landfills now to capture the methane.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wife hits a tree and the ball goes in the fairway, I hit one and get a terrible lie further in the tree line.
Good breaks come from clean livin'! At least that is what the morons I play with tell me when I get a bad break!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bermuda rough is cut so deep at my home course that I lose atleast a ball a round just in the rough because I didn't walk right over it. Can't spend 5 minutes looking for every ball that misses the fairway, so I drop where I think it should be and keep moving.

The good thing is I always find more balls than I lose... and usually Pro V1s...

Wow...that sucks...invest in a freakin mower. We had a really wet spring and early summer and most of the courses couldn't get mowers out for literally 3+ weeks and we had 2 or 3 courses around here in a similar situation. 2' away from your ball and can't see it.

Edited to noted...a couple of years ago that was...hope not to jinx this year!

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...that sucks...invest in a freakin mower. We had a really wet spring and early summer and most of the courses couldn't get mowers out for literally 3+ weeks and we had 2 or 3 courses around here in a similar situation. 2' away from your ball and can't see it.

They have mowers... they just like deep rough. Its fucking brutal sometimes. They really punish errant tee shots.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Edited to noted...a couple of years ago that was...hope not to jinx this year!

Some of it is by design too... its a really hilly course, so they hold the ball in the same fairway rather than it rolling down a hill across another fairway and becoming a problem of people having to wait for somebody playing back across.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see another young guy win. I thought he was not going to be able to hold off Leishman and Grace but he did. Good for him.

Yep...these guys are coming out ready to win. Reportedly the long delay did effect him, but once he got out on the course, he shined. The 2 shot swing on 10 with Leishman put him in firm control I thought it was his to win after that.