• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

At Least Garrett and Linehan Are Consistent

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize this is just preseason.

But Garrett and Linehan are in mid season form.
Haven't we seen this movie before?

It seems the COWBOYS, have made it a habit, of blowing games late.

4th Quarter...8:32 in the game. COWBOYS are leading 21 to 10.......

Garrett has his backup kicker attempt a 52 yard FG.....misses and gives the 49ers great field position.

3:07 in the 4th........COWBOYS 2nd and 9......a toss play wide and our RB goes out of bounds....stops the clock........brilliant....saves 49ers a TO.

But no need to worry......Garrett and Linehan will be better in the regular season........he said.
Because, the strength of our coaching staff, is game strategy. :pound:

And have I mentioned, I've always hated losing to the 49ers?

and.......I'd rather win a game... than lose it.

It builds a culture of winning........

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked giving the K a chance right there. I even thought they could help him a bit on 3rd down with a run play to get him closer. Regular season - no. Those Ks though are auditioning for jobs. He came to this team ,knowing he wasn’t going to K for the Cowboys.

Now I agree about just flat blowing the game. I too hated losing that one. Winning just makes things feel better.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it is preseason & in the 4th qtr pretty much the bottom of the roster are playing but I noticed the same kind of play calling with a two score lead.
Every time with a 2 score lead they go through the motions playing it to safe, making it easier for the other team to stop us. letting them back in the game. The defense does the typical 2 minute drill, let the other team drive down, taking all the time off the clock & score. Not so much bagging on the players as I know they are bottom of roster guys, but the coaches, doing the same old things.

Really not upset at all really, it being the 1st preseason game. Just concerned I guess with the coaching.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it is preseason & in the 4th qtr pretty much the bottom of the roster are playing but I noticed the same kind of play calling with a two score lead.
Every time with a 2 score lead they go through the motions playing it to safe, making it easier for the other team to stop us. letting them back in the game. The defense does the typical 2 minute drill, let the other team drive down, taking all the time off the clock & score. Not so much bagging on the players as I know they are bottom of roster guys, but the coaches, doing the same old things.

Really not upset at all really, it being the 1st preseason game. Just concerned I guess with the coaching.

If there is a score board on - it counts IMO. I have already heard from 4 supposed 49er fans this morning- they probably didn’t see 5 plays of the game and likely don’t know 5 players on the team- but they still can run their pie-holes. I get it - it’s preseason but we dominated that game until the final 8 minutes. We looked so much better than them in all facets and they are considered a contender for the playoffs. Our depth looked so much better IMO. Instead of feeling good about all of that this kind of dampens it some.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wash, rinse, repeat......oh well...here we go again.....:noidea:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree here. It's the first preseason game, and the first and second teams played well. And you're complaining because a bunch 3rd and 4th stringers blew a lead? Yea I get it, culture of winning and all that, but it's literally the first preseason game. There was literally no game plan, and not only that, in the first preseason game winning is secondary - should be coaching to see players in specific scenarios as @ROMOTOOWENS pointed out.

This is making mountains out of molehills.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, people are upset that guys that may not even make the practice squad couldn't hold a lead?

And of course you try the kick there, you don't get many game situation chances and you want to see what you have with him. You don't play clock management to win preseason games, you play clock management to get the game over with at the very end. You actually want to see these young guys in and going against a 2 minute offense.

Check out the list of injuries from the game and the first quarter score and then get back to me with which team won...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, people are upset that guys that may not even make the practice squad couldn't hold a lead?

And of course you try the kick there, you don't get many game situation chances and you want to see what you have with him. You don't play clock management to win preseason games, you play clock management to get the game over with at the very end. You actually want to see these young guys in and going against a 2 minute offense.

Check out the list of injuries from the game and the first quarter score and then get back to me with which team won...
Yeah, I couldn't care less who won. I'd like to see Zeke get a total of about 10 carries the entire preseason, and I would hope our starters never play more than a quarter and a half. I have never understood why NFL teams need 4 preseason games when college players do just fine getting zero. Money in the owners pockets is the only reason they play the games. The Cowboys have so much young talent, they could play 2's and 3's the entire time and be better off.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember back in the 90s we never won preseason games.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, some are upset our grocery baggers were beat by their burger flippers.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jarntt... I never post here anymore out of respect and to keep things drama free on your board but what I gathered was he was complaining about the coaching decisions that lead to the loss. He stated he believes that it has been a problem for a while and he wasn’t blaming a bunch of dudes who will never see the field during the regular season.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize this is just preseason.

But Garrett and Linehan are in mid season form.
Haven't we seen this movie before?

It seems the COWBOYS, have made it a habit, of blowing games late.

4th Quarter...8:32 in the game. COWBOYS are leading 21 to 10.......

Garrett has his backup kicker attempt a 52 yard FG.....misses and gives the 49ers great field position.

3:07 in the 4th........COWBOYS 2nd and 9......a toss play wide and our RB goes out of bounds....stops the clock........brilliant....saves 49ers a TO.

But no need to worry......Garrett and Linehan will be better in the regular season........he said.
Because, the strength of our coaching staff, is game strategy. :pound:

And have I mentioned, I've always hated losing to the 49ers?

and.......I'd rather win a game... than lose it.

It builds a culture of winning........
It is only pre-season. I am not getting excited.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite example was October 2, 2011......vs Detroit

The COWBOYS were leading 27 to 3 with..... 10 minutes 38 seconds left in the third quarter......
AND IT WAS THE COWBOY'S BALL

You would think a head coach would want to run the clock.....by running the ball (especially if he was also the O coordinator)

And the head coach would BE IN CHARGE of the situation..........

The COWBOYS may have been able to take a knee for the rest of the game and run the clock out

How could any team blow a 24 point lead....

WELL.........

The Lions not only won, but won it in regulation.........

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett iced his own kicker in an Arizona game....2011 game

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving Aaron Rodgers time in games that could have been won by the BOYS

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Atlanta game when Tyron Smith was hurt..........They gave Chaz Green zero help
How many sacks did Atlanta have?

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SECOND HALF adjustments........pathetic