• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

At home to play the defending AL Champs Royals

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on 105.3 this afternoon that DeShields is getting workouts at 2nd base.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loathe the FCC...I would relish the opportunity. I am surprised there isn't some internet show where guys talk unfiltered trash as announcers. Or an uncensored play by play on XM Sirirus.

:idea: We should do that!

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though we lost today, we split the series with the best team in the AL (record wise) and that's a positive with the Tribe coming to town. Pegs will be replaced with Josh and Detwiler will be in our pen sooner than later being replaced by one of our lefties on the DL next month. Hang in there guys because I am pretty optimistic about the direction this season is heading and if we can tread water and stay about 5-6 games out by mid-June I really like our chances down the stretch.

And before that Houston had the best record and we swept them. We are doing much better lately because the offense has improved. If we had a BP we would be close to .500.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luis Ortiz has a very crisp outing tonight for Hickory. 5 innings with no runs and no walks and only 4 hits. 5 strikeouts.

For the season he sits at 22.1 innings pitched. He has allowed only 1 earned run for an ERA of 0.40. 24 hits and 3 walks for a WHIP of 1.21. He has 22 strikeouts.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fraley: After another painful performance, should Rangers move Ross Detwiler to bullpen? | Dallas Morning News

Detwiler is 0-5 and has lost his last nine decisions as a starter dating back to May 2013 with Washington.

Detwiler stands between the Rangers and an even record. They are 1-6 in his starts and 14-14 in all other games.

“[Detwiler] had a grinding performance,” manager Jeff Banister said. “He couldn’t get the outs when he needed to in certain situations.”

I would love to be able to go a month without hearing or reading a form of the word "grind" used in a baseball interview.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers 3B Adrian Beltre denies physical issue after wincing while swinging | | Dallas Morning News

Third baseman Adrian Beltre skipped batting practice before the loss to Kansas City. Beltre also winced several times while batting during the four-game series against the Royals.

Beltre shook his head when asked if he had a physical problem.

“Just a bad reaction,” Beltre said.

Beltre indicated if he were hurting, he would not ask out of the lineup.

“I get paid to play,” said Beltre, whose RBI streak ended at four games.

Didn't we go through this enough last year with Choo?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five observations on spending two days around Josh Hamilton in Texas Rangers comeback | | Dallas Morning News

Here are some excerpts:

I got the sense he knows his swing better than before. Doesn’t mean he’ll be able to do what he did in 2008-12, but I got the sense he’s got a better feel for what works for him than in the past.

I do think he’s genuinely thankful for the opportunity the Rangers have presented him.

I’ve never in-person witnessed anything like his interaction with fans before and after the game. He didn’t just sign autographs for everybody or pose for pictures with whoever wanted them, but he also talked and visited and seemed engaged in every conversation.

When most athletes or public figures “apologize,” publicly, they read from a prepared statement, then take no questions. Hamilton has answered the same questions over and over and never once read from a script. Canned and polished isn’t who he is. He’s willing to let you see all his warts.

Finally, this: I have no idea what Hamilton will provide the Rangers, but I expect he’ll give them more than they are getting from the No. 2 spot in the lineup.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five observations on spending two days around Josh Hamilton in Texas Rangers comeback | | Dallas Morning News

Here are some excerpts:

I got the sense he knows his swing better than before. Doesn’t mean he’ll be able to do what he did in 2008-12, but I got the sense he’s got a better feel for what works for him than in the past.

I do think he’s genuinely thankful for the opportunity the Rangers have presented him.

I’ve never in-person witnessed anything like his interaction with fans before and after the game. He didn’t just sign autographs for everybody or pose for pictures with whoever wanted them, but he also talked and visited and seemed engaged in every conversation.

When most athletes or public figures “apologize,” publicly, they read from a prepared statement, then take no questions. Hamilton has answered the same questions over and over and never once read from a script. Canned and polished isn’t who he is. He’s willing to let you see all his warts.

Finally, this: I have no idea what Hamilton will provide the Rangers, but I expect he’ll give them more than they are getting from the No. 2 spot in the lineup.

Hamilton as the #2 hitter is a potentially intriguing option.