• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Astros vs. Rangers

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a very young season. The offense is concerning me and that part of this team is pretty pathetic. And I hope Prince finds a way out of his funk but I wonder if he's not the hitter he used to be.

He's actually hit the ball hard quite a bit in the last 2 games. That damn shift is killing him. He's going to have to go the other way and up the middle.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He musta not followed this team in the 80s. Heavens, talking about unwatchable ball. But Holtz & Nadel got us through it.

I watched this team plenty when they were bad.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched this team plenty when they were bad.

So I hope you consider this a bump in the road, although a bad one for sure. We'll have better days and again, and we're still at .500 in spite of playing like crap.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I hope you consider this a bump in the road, although a bad one for sure. We'll have better days and again, and we're still at .500 in spite of playing like crap.

Sure. Like I said, I'm not giving up on them. Just sometimes taking a few games off is good for my stress level when things aren't looking that good. I said from the start if we can play .500 ball this month we'll have a good shot. So far we're on pace for that. I just need to keep it in perspective sometimes I guess.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.... I just looked at the box score and the posts for the game. I can assure you guys this is the only account I post on. I was scared for a moment tho, I thought Elvis got hurt. Good thing he just got ejected. Seems like I've been saying it a lot lately..... It's an ugly win, but we'll take it. Hopefully we can split with Seattle and Oakland doesn't go on a big hot streak.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense might have been inept vs poor pitching but they won and Perez did a great job and got the pen some needed rest. We won the series... As long as we do that I am satisfied.

The good news is that so far there really aren't too many teams that really have separated themselves out as elite... at least in the AL anyway. I mean 12 games or so in and everyone at least has 4 losses.

Last edited by a moderator:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense might have been inept vs poor pitching but they won and Perez did a great job and got the pen some needed rest. We won the series... As long as we do that I am satisfied.

The good news is that so far there really aren't too many teams that really have separated themselves out as elite... at least in the AL anyway. I mean 12 games or so in and everyone at least has 4 losses.

Now that Feldman is healthy he's back to being an effective pitcher and Oberholtzer & Cosart have shown themselves to be solid pitchers, so outside of the bullpen, to say their pitching is poor is a bit unfounded

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Astros threw their best arms at us and we still won the series. With the exception of King Felix ( who we actually hit), I'd say the quality of pitching won't be as good in the upcoming Seattle series. It pissed me off at the time because it was Feldman, but the guy is pitching lights out, Cosart is an up and coming #2 quality pitcher, and Oberholtzer has always been tough on us. I anticipate more runs against Seattle, the question is can we stop them?

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Feldman is healthy he's back to being an effective pitcher and Oberholtzer & Cosart have shown themselves to be solid pitchers, so outside of the bullpen, to say their pitching is poor is a bit unfounded

I was really only meaning to reference this last game when I mentioned inept pitching and particulary I was referencing Oberholtzer. It's possible that even that comment is unfounded though as I honestly was too busy to watch the game today and I am really not to familiar with him. I had just seen that going into the game he had a near 5 ERA and had not gotten through 6 innings so far this season so I figured we should be able to hit him a little better at home.

Now that I look back to last year he had a pretty solid 2.76 ERA through 71 innings. So, I yeah... I won't argue that even that assessment might be flawed.

Side Note: Where did these Brewers come from... any way it lasts?

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Astros threw their best arms at us and we still won the series. With the exception of King Felix ( who we actually hit), I'd say the quality of pitching won't be as good in the upcoming Seattle series. It pissed me off at the time because it was Feldman, but the guy is pitching lights out, Cosart is an up and coming #2 quality pitcher, and Oberholtzer has always been tough on us. I anticipate more runs against Seattle, the question is can we stop them?

Yeah, I hope we hit better against the M's... they might not see our best pitching... so we are going to need the offense. I don't expect too much from Lewis his first few starts. I love Yu but the M's seem to have his number for whatever reason- still wouldn't be shocked if he shut them down though. I think Ross is going to be a surprise this season though, I look for that one to be a W. And with Schepper's, think Rev might have been the one to compare him to Holland starting off-which seems spot on. You just never know if he is going to have that one inning where he just can't stop the bleeding.

I'd be happy with a split... Fielder needs to hit that first HR this series though- we need him bad now with Beltre likely to hit the DL.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I hope we hit better against the M's... they might not see our best pitching... so we are going to need the offense. I don't expect too much from Lewis his first few starts. I love Yu but the M's seem to have his number for whatever reason- still wouldn't be shocked if he shut them down though. I think Ross is going to be a surprise this season though, I look for that one to be a W. And with Schepper's, think Rev might have been the one to compare him to Holland starting off-which seems spot on. You just never know if he is going to have that one inning where he just can't stop the bleeding.

I'd be happy with a split... Fielder needs to hit that first HR this series though- we need him bad now with Beltre likely to hit the DL.

Beltre not likely to hit the DL, he is on the DL, retroactive to the 9th should be back on the 25th