• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Astros @ Mariners: 4/16 - 4/19

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you consider hitting well, but Gamel seems to me to be more than ready to come back up here. He's had 9 games to date with 32 AB's. AVG= .281 - OBP=.415 - SLG=.344 - OPS=.758. Those sound like pretty good numbers so I don't think it's a matter of he needs to hit well b4 getting back to Seattle. Dipoto kicked himself in the ass and is now trying to figure out how to get his foot unstuck b4 the shit really hits the fan! Just my opinion is all.
(couldn't find a emoji showing shit flying out of a fan) :exploding: :wtf2::yo::what::smash::puke:
I agree with you. To me a rehab assignment is just to get a some swings and timing back. The numbers themselves don't matter that much to me unless they are really really bad, which Gamels aren't. What Dip is actually saying to Gamel is, "Ichiro is better" which is complete BS. This team had no business signing Ichiro other than nostalgia.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if it lasts for an extended time... like a couple weeks..then i would agree..a couple games is...ahh well uhh

i would give dip a chance to make a ....jeoparty da da do do da da do answer dup da do do ..do dodo
ba ha..lol

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Romine/Motter thing was strictly option based to start the year. Motter has options and Romine doesn't so since things were equalish at the time, Romine made the team. I think based on playing time they like Motter more and they don't have to make that move that yet since there are still injuries. My guess is once Healy is healthy barring no more injuries Romine will go.

The Gamel thing is puzzling even for the Mariners. This day they should have planned for when Ichrio was signed. I really think they were hoping to option Heredia but its clear they would look foolish doing that. So they are making a dumb excuse to delay the inevitable.

I understand that line of thinking if they are anticipating more injuries to bring Motter back up, but what I'm questioning is if Motter is actually the better player (since he is actually playing) then why do the song and dance. The goal is to win, not be cute with the roster. But once Healy is back, if Ichiro isn't gone they have to keep Romine and send Vogelbach down or they won't have any back infielders.

But I'm already on record saying I'm fine with Heredia getting optioned to Tacoma when Gamel is finally activated. Which, to me, the extended spring training excuse is BS as Felix needed it more but he was allowed to go opening day.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold on to your britches cuz this one could be a wild one tonight.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might offer to pay for this ump's vision treatment, he could clearly use it.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might offer to pay for this ump's vision treatment, he could clearly use it.
Yea the Homer might not happen if Altavilla isnt forced to throw down to middle to get a chance at a strike

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just figures- Keuchel and McCullers have had a shitty start this season until they hit Seattle-then, for some reason they pitch lights out. I swear the M's have been struck with some awful bad mojo or something.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just figures- Keuchel and McCullers have had a shitty start this season until they hit Seattle-then, for some reason they pitch lights out. I swear the M's have been struck with some awful bad mojo or something.

No, M's have always had a hard time hitting pitches that move. As long as they throw strikes with curves, we are not going to hit much.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M's score 10 runs in one game then 4 runs total over next 3 games. Sound familiar? 2017 Redo.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Miranda only giving up 1 run over 5. Doubt he would be able to do that consistently giving up 4 walks. Sounds like he will be replaced in the rotation by Erasmo. Not a big fan of Erasmo.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M's score 10 runs in one game then 4 runs total over next 3 games. Sound familiar? 2017 Redo.
last 4 games have been pretty bad lame offensively. They are still relying on the long ball. Manufacturing runs hasn't been happening like I was hoping or how this lineup could. The lineup should be able to put some runs on the board. Tonight was a K fest not enough guys on base.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the good
miranda pitched well in his first start and came out with a 180 era
the angel's are still playing boston for two more games...then san fran on the weekend ...and houston next week

the bad
need to score runs consistently..not this one day good one day bad ...on and off stuff

the ugly
houston moves above the mariners in the standings with some of there better pitchers so far to go..for two more games..mariners need to take at least one of those games..two would be better

the umps don't need to help houston they are good enough on there own...makes baseball look bad when they do that...yeah and all the ..grown up kids.... aaand the kids who are still kids..are watching that

aint nuttin more uuugly than that..well might be something...but that is pretty darn

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miranda battled and did his job. The strike zone was once again a bit frustrating. These last couple umps must be in favor of having a computer call balls and strikes.

I know we are facing good pitching, and it's not ending any time soon, but we need to pick up the offense somehow. 1.3 runs per game isn't going to get it done. McCullers seems to always mow us down though.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCullers is a good pitcher but at the same time we act like we have never seen him before. We see him 3-4 times a year and we know how he attacks yet we can continue to flair at the curve. The main reason we cant beat this team is we simply cannot hit their starting pitching no matter who we add to this offense.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I caught very little of this game on TV ... but the box score told the whole story with 1 quick glance.

I am not sure how many of our Ks were caught looking or swing and misses ? Obvious McCullors sp? was dealing.
And our entire line up decided to cut it green and go home early.

Nice outing by Miranda ... he doesn't have a bunch of those in him, you gotta win the games when he puts those numbers up.

McCullers has a couple top end pitches: a nice / sharp late breaking slider and a 2 seam fast ball that has alot of run on it. Leftys give up on the fastball that starts inside then catches the plate ( or flail at the outside edge that cuts away outside last sec ) Rightys get handcuffed by it alot as it moves in to tie them up on their hands ( saw replay this morning of Cruzs swinging K and that is exact what happened )

But we have to score 4-5 runs a game to have a reasonable expectation to win a game. That is who we are. Rarely will our pitching staff hold an opponent to a couple runs over 9 innings

gotta get on them tonite ... Houston smells blood in the water