• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around The Majors, 2018

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant blame ya or anyone else. Given yesterday's news this is probably the closest I have been to turning in my fan card.

Owners and the front office made it clear their priorities aren't much different than Nintendo and all of the old clowns. All about selling that merch both here and abroad where people still treat Ichiro like one of the Beetles.

Sadly, it works. Revenue is good, so to hell with trying to win.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owners and the front office made it clear their priorities aren't much different than Nintendo and all of the old clowns. All about selling that merch both here and abroad where people still treat Ichiro like one of the Beetles.

Sadly, it works. Revenue is good, so to hell with trying to win.

Yea Mather and Stanton are really just clones of Lincoln and Armstrong with different names. Anywho Ill be done clogging this thread with that kind of stuff since there will be plenty of other threads for it.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure.

I just watched Belt's AB from last night's game.

It was pretty amazing.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where I'm curious with the possibility of Portland getting an expansion franchise or the A's. It would take a huge revenue hit on the Mariners and they can't (in theory) keep just making profits without attempting to win.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where I'm curious with the possibility of Portland getting an expansion franchise or the A's. It would take a huge revenue hit on the Mariners and they can't (in theory) keep just making profits without attempting to win.
I cant imagine the Ms would be trilled. I assume that mainly based on the way they handled the SODO arena

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yay, great news!

just did a quick check, and found this.

really hoping he's the 1 in 3 who doesn't have a permanent neurological deficit.

there is a brain aneurysm rupturing every 18 minutes. Ruptured brain aneurysmsare fatal in about 40% of cases. Of those who survive, about 66% suffer some permanent neurological deficit. Approximately 15% of patients with aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) die before reaching the hospital.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yay, great news!

just did a quick check, and found this.

really hoping he's the 1 in 3 who doesn't have a permanent neurological deficit.

I always thought back in the day it was 100% fatal. I am glad there is at least a chance of surviving and a chance of a normal life. Peter Gammons (ex-ESPN) had it happen to him 12 years ago. He is still reporting which is a good sign.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought back in the day it was 100% fatal. I am glad there is at least a chance of surviving and a chance of a normal life. Peter Gammons (ex-ESPN) had it happen to him 12 years ago. He is still reporting which is a good sign.
i think it used to be that way

there was a pairs figure skater it happened to over a decade ago. super healthy guy, and it was really shocking.

aneurysms can happen literally to anybody, and the first symptom is oftentimes death

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it used to be that way

there was a pairs figure skater it happened to over a decade ago. super healthy guy, and it was really shocking.

aneurysms can happen literally to anybody, and the first symptom is oftentimes death

So true. Scary stuff for sure.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant imagine the Ms would be trilled. I assume that mainly based on the way they handled the SODO arena

I never understood why they hated the Sodo Arena, if they got the Sonics rights Root would make twice as much from advertising. Which is the exact opposite of Portland and why I'd expect some fight. They'd lose fans and Root Sports would take a huge financial hit in the greater Portland/Vancouver area.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We drafted Ackley ahead of Trout and Franklin and Baron ahead of both Skaggs and Richards.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice little article on a former top baseball prospect. It reminded me of what we talk about on here about developing players and if the M's help or harm prospects. This guy was harmed by his teams development and it sounded so mariners.

Where Are They Now? Ty Griffin

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We drafted Ackley ahead of Trout and Franklin and Baron ahead of both Skaggs and Richards.

I made the comment replying on twitter about who we drafted instead and it was liked and retweeted by Jeremy Booth which I thought was funny because of who he is.

Seattle Mariners Executive Vice President & General Manager of Baseball Operations Jack Zduriencik and Director of Amateur Scouting Tom McNamara announced today the following personnel changes:

Jeremy Booth named Midwest Supervisor (previously area scout with Milwaukee Brewers)

Booth, 35, joins the Mariners organization as the Midwest Supervisor. He will oversee all area scouts in the Midwest and assist McNamara in player evaluations leading up to the June draft. Booth has been an area scout with the Milwaukee Brewers for the last three Years, covering Louisiana and southern Texas. He also spent one year as a scout with the Minnesota Twins in 2008. A native of Southern California, Booth played collegiately at Cypress College and New Mexico State University. He also played professionally in the Tampa Bay and Milwaukee organizations.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made the comment replying on twitter about who we drafted instead and it was liked and retweeted by Jeremy Booth which I thought was funny because of who he is.

Seattle Mariners Executive Vice President & General Manager of Baseball Operations Jack Zduriencik and Director of Amateur Scouting Tom McNamara announced today the following personnel changes:

Jeremy Booth named Midwest Supervisor (previously area scout with Milwaukee Brewers)

Booth, 35, joins the Mariners organization as the Midwest Supervisor. He will oversee all area scouts in the Midwest and assist McNamara in player evaluations leading up to the June draft. Booth has been an area scout with the Milwaukee Brewers for the last three Years, covering Louisiana and southern Texas. He also spent one year as a scout with the Minnesota Twins in 2008. A native of Southern California, Booth played collegiately at Cypress College and New Mexico State University. He also played professionally in the Tampa Bay and Milwaukee organizations.

I asked him about the 2009 draft and he gave me a reply of (he wasn't here until 2012):