• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you be talkin' trash about the Browns, that's my job. They have a chance to repeat as preseason champions dammit! cincinnati chili still sucks.

You get used to it I guess. I am okay with it, but not a faithful nut of it. However, Cleveland Polish Boy looks like scrapped roadkill and threw it on a hot dog bun. Just looks seriously unappetizing. I will concede I have never had one, so it may be down right delicious, but it looks gosh darn awful.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get used to it I guess. I am okay with it, but not a faithful nut of it. However, Cleveland Polish Boy looks like scrapped roadkill and threw it on a hot dog bun. Just looks seriously unappetizing. I will concede I have never had one, so it may be down right delicious, but it looks gosh darn awful.

Po-Boys are great. If you've never had the real deal it's worth trying. And I've had cincinnati chili before, just didn't care for it.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Po-Boys are great. If you've never had the real deal it's worth trying. And I've had cincinnati chili before, just didn't care for it.

Yeah, there are people nuts about it. I don't see all that. It is okay. I don't mind Skyline once in a blue moon. They say you either love it, or hate it. I honestly thing it is okay. So I fall in that grey zone that supposedly doesn't exist on Cincinnati Chili.

When I think of chili I think of thick, hardy chili, no noodles in it. Don't get me wrong, the noodles do not affect the taste, just seems something off about noodles in chili. Plus, it is awfully runny. Beef, Beans, HOT and tasty is what I prefer.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there are people nuts about it. I don't see all that. It is okay. I don't mind Skyline once in a blue moon. They say you either love it, or hate it. I honestly thing it is okay. So I fall in that grey zone that supposedly doesn't exist on Cincinnati Chili.

When I think of chili I think of thick, hardy chili, no noodles in it. Don't get me wrong, the noodles do not affect the taste, just seems something off about noodles in chili. Plus, it is awfully runny. Beef, Beans, HOT and tasty is what I prefer.

I like making my own chili for Buckeye games. I like hot food but can't handle it anymore.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a strong suspicion that the presence of Lamar Jackson is going to cause issues for the Ravens this year. They don't have a lot of talent on that offense and I've never been a big believer in Flacco. A couple of bad games could really turn the fans or locker against Flacco. We'll see.... Just a hunch.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a strong suspicion that the presence of Lamar Jackson is going to cause issues for the Ravens this year. They don't have a lot of talent on that offense and I've never been a big believer in Flacco. A couple of bad games could really turn the fans or locker against Flacco. We'll see.... Just a hunch.
It's going to be a stressful season for sure in BAL. But so far the beat writers & network analysts are giving Flacco high praise this offseason, whereas in years past they were noting his struggles. Seems like Joe is rising to the occasion this year. We'll see if it materializes on the field come September.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At this point, IDK who the Ravens think is the long term answer at QB. I'm not 100% sure it will be Jackson, but I don't think it will be Flacco. With a new GM on the horizon and as you mentioned...limited firepower on the OFC side of the ball, it just doesn't make good fiscal sense to keep a $24 mil cap hit QB on the roster. The dead money hit drops down to a reasonable number next year.

I don't think Jackson's presence or the fans would really bother him that much, but I'm not sure Joe can have a season good enough to be retained.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be a stressful season for sure in BAL. But so far the beat writers & network analysts are giving Flacco high praise this offseason, whereas in years past they were noting his struggles. Seems like Joe is rising to the occasion this year. We'll see if it materializes on the field come September.

I think Flacco will be on the roster this season regardless (the dead money hit is too high to release him). Unless the Ravens come out of the gates gang busters enroute to a 11-5 type season, I think we're going to see Jackson behind center at some point this year.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Flacco will be on the roster this season regardless (the dead money hit is too high to release him). Unless the Ravens come out of the gates gang busters enroute to a 11-5 type season, I think we're going to see Jackson behind center at some point this year.
This is probably Flacco's final year to prove he's worthy because his dead cap hit gets cut in half the following year. Although its still a sizable hit, the Ravens could opt to move on in 2019 if he continues to struggle this year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably Flacco's final year (in Baltimore) to prove he's worthy because his dead cap hit gets cut in half the following year. Although its still a sizable hit, the Ravens could opt to move on in 2019 if he continues to struggle this year.

Yep...I think you could've stopped the post with that in bold with my little addition....lol.

As always, the Ravens will bring their blue collar, hard nosed DEF to every game, especially weeks 4 & 9...that much we know. The rest is a big question mark...new OC, and new weapons.

The Ravens would have to make the playoffs and have a long run imo for them to retain Flacco...as currently built it just doesn't make sense to keep his big cap hit on the team.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sooner or later they need to coach them up.... Maybe they finally figured out that they can't continue to change coaches and systems every year. Even good talent can be stunted by too many system changes.

I think if they start Taylor they will play a lot of close games. Taylor minimizes mistakes. He'll keep them in ballgames until late. Something they haven't been able to do much of at all over the last couple of seasons.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooner or later they need to coach them up.... Maybe they finally figured out that they can't continue to change coaches and systems every year. Even good talent can be stunted by too many system changes.

I think if they start Taylor they will play a lot of close games. Taylor minimizes mistakes. He'll keep them in ballgames until late. Something they haven't been able to do much of at all over the last couple of seasons.
Agreed. They could really screw up a good thing they have going if by midseason they start Baker Mayfield & he tanks, resulting in Hue getting the boot. If they stick out this season & just let Mayfield win the job next year then they'll be in great shape. I do think Hue needs to go, but a midseason knee-jerk from Haslam is not the time to do it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills GM: Trade for Corey Coleman a 'low-risk' move

Moves like this is why CLE can't be trusted to be anything more than a mid-level team...if they get there.

Coleman was the 15th overall pick in the draft that year...traded for a 7th rd pick in 2020 after only two seasons? Really? 2020? Granted, his body of work has not been anything to write home about, but neither has the QBs throwing him the ball...the kid has talent...maybe not his draft slot type talent, but I think is a solid #2 with a good QB.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills GM: Trade for Corey Coleman a 'low-risk' move

Moves like this is why CLE can't be trusted to be anything more than a mid-level team...if they get there.

Coleman was the 15th overall pick in the draft that year...traded for a 7th rd pick in 2020 after only two seasons? Really? 2020? Granted, his body of work has not been anything to write home about, but neither has the QBs throwing him the ball...the kid has talent...maybe not his draft slot type talent, but I think is a solid #2 with a good QB.
Saw that. Think that marks the 8th 1st Rd pick from Cleveland that has washed out since 2012. Yikes.

And a 7th Rd pick was far too low. I would have kept him onboard if that's all that was offered. Gordon, Landry & Coleman are a formidable group. I know they just drafted Antonio Callaway & Damion Ratley, but Coleman is a superior talent to both. Callaway was on my draft sleepers list but he carries baggage with him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that. Think that marks the 8th 1st Rd pick from Cleveland that has washed out since 2012. Yikes.

And a 7th Rd pick was far too low. I would have kept him onboard if that's all that was offered. Gordon, Landry & Coleman are a formidable group. I know they just drafted Antonio Callaway & Damion Ratley, but Coleman is a superior talent to both. Callaway was on my draft sleepers list but he carries baggage with him.

Yep, clearly they didn't think he had #1 potential or you don't go and over spend on Landry. And maybe they feel they are stacked at WR (even though Gordon is no lock to resign) But, he was a #1 draft pick on most boards. I know he's had some injury issues as well, but to basically kick him to the curb after only 2 years into his rookie deal for a 7th rd pick in 2020 is just bad business.

Not to pat Colbert on the back here, but the Steelers get a 3rd rounder for MB who I think was a 4th pick with some character baggage. Big difference in how those two FOs operate.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, clearly they didn't think he had #1 potential or you don't go and over spend on Landry. And maybe they feel they are stacked at WR (even though Gordon is no lock to resign) But, he was a #1 draft pick on most boards. I know he's had some injury issues as well, but to basically kick him to the curb after only 2 years into his rookie deal for a 7th rd pick in 2020 is just bad business.

Not to pat Colbert on the back here, but the Steelers get a 3rd rounder for MB who I think was a 4th pick with some character baggage. Big difference in how those two FOs operate.
Makes me wonder if there is a devil hiding in the details so to speak. Might be some news that hasn't surfaced yet. Coleman show up to camp out of shape? They catch wind of failed drug test? He disgruntled & demand a trade?

Something seems strange about trading a 1st Rd talent for a box of rocks.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me wonder if there is a devil hiding in the details so to speak. Might be some news that hasn't surfaced yet. Coleman show up to camp out of shape? They catch wind of failed drug test? He disgruntled & demand a trade?

Something seems strange about trading a 1st Rd talent for a box of rocks.

sATCcFkiQiNCLAd-800x450-noPad.jpg