• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone have any idea what the defense is going to be?

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are only two essential base defenses in the NFL. 4-3 and 3-4. That is it. Very rarely do teams start out in specialized defenses like a nickel or dime.

:bullshit:

The defense is going to lineup to combat what the offense is showing them.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, with the short amoeba passing games, they often make up for a running game. I mean if it is as impossible as it is to stop all passing routes due to the tootie fruity rules, then they will continue to do it.

Until the game is purely a 7 on 7 drill.

Except Bill Walsh proved you could replace the running game with a short passing/timing offense in the NFL long before the rule changes.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The forgotten art of running wuth a FB lead is all but done. I mean they are still there, but rarely do we see a good Howard Griffith clearing the way for a RB.

Because it is more effective to stretch out a defense with an extra WR and use a pulling guard or TE to accomplish what the FB used to do? Not really sure where you were going here or why, except to say you liked/preferred the old days of smash mouth football.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me that what we have here is a failure to communicate. Semantics schematics!

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are just playing a base defense in preseason games, they are not tipping their hand yet. If I were to base it on what I saw last year, I would say they will play a hybrid of a 4-3 and 3-4, depending on opponent and situation.

Instead of worrying that we have to win shootouts, I would be hoping for the offense to be very productive and that means the defense has an easier job. Complimentary football is what we want.

The big issue is turnovers and Special Teams. If we cam limit the turnovers and ST plays lik they did last year, we will be fine.

Remember, a lot of young 1st year players were on the field in preseason on ST. That is their only chance to shine and for some, their last chance.

Most Veterans who will make the 53 man roster are not out there in preseason on kick and punt plays to minimize injuries.

My biggest concern after week 3 of preseason is Ronnie Hillman's inability to hold on to the football.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morph, I always like reading your comments. They rarely disappoint.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams better not turn the ball over against us.....if they do, they will be in chase mode.

I like the speed and athleticism of guys like Travethan and Irving. We seem to have some pretty good depth on the D-Line, especially if Malik Jackson continues to develop.

I am right there with Morph in thinking Fox Nd Del Rio will be going hybrid a good deal of the time. Especially early when Miller isn't there.

Vickerson looked amped last night too.....

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vickerson looked amped last night too.....

I thought the DL in general looked much better against St. Louis than it had in the first two games. Of course, the St. Louis OL is probably not as good as SF's or Seattle's, so I'm not sure what to make of that. Guess we'll get a better idea in about 11 days. Sure would like to have seen more of a showing by Sylvester Williams at this point. Hopefully that is forthcoming.