• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

anyone else tired of the shitshow martys put on tonight?

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Okay" is about as far as I would go with the team performance. 7-2 games are a team effort. Yes the goaltending was horrid, but they looked slow and borderline listless at times. I think the score of Saturday's game is skewing things a bit. After Friday it was obvious that this team had a lot of talent and just needed time to put it together and make some changes/improvements.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
not for anything i think the devils outshot the caps 17-5 in the second or something i thought i saw....not that that means much but just saying.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no cup i think that says something.

in the dallas game yes there were several bad turnover to go with just okay play by marty. that i view as a true team loss.

usually in a 7-2 game i'd say the same thing.

but when you look at the first 2 periods of that game, and the flow of it. the caps had control for maybe 7 minutes in the first after their first goal. other than that, the first two periods the devils controlled but watch goal after goal go in anyway. and not just goals. soft goals.

thats utterly demoralizing.

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch the game but it sounds like age maybe finally catching up with Marty. Looking at the box score the shots were 17 - 8, cup was 3 off but still to have 50% of them go in. That is not a recipe for winning.
As much as I'm a MB fan, I think these last couple of years of his contract would have been better spent mentoring a younger goalie and passing off the torch.

btw I was gunner4liife on the espn board and decided to change my handle here since that handle is mostly for the English Premeir League Team- Arsenal.