• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anybody been to a London game?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It costs me about $400 to fly to Seattle for a game, and the hotel or B and B prices are stupidly high. I did some quick research online and flights to London are only about a hundred bucks more, and B and B's are actually cheaper.

What do tickets go for in London? Any other cautionary tales? I know London has the rep of being incredibly pricey for meals and the like, but I'd probably just get take-out food or something.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watch out for white vans jumping the sidewalk.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong London.

zing!

/Canada joke

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been to London and wouldn't spend a penny to see a game in London... If I pay for a game, it will be on American soil...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong London.

zing!

/Canada joke

I've been to London Ontario.....

It is the same there

giphy.gif

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been to London and wouldn't spend a penny to see a game in London... If I pay for a game, it will be on American soil...

I've paid plenty to see games on US soil. The entire idea comes from it not being terribly MORE expensive for me to fly to f'ing London as for me to fly from Calgary to Seattle. And less for accommodation too.

If I take my kid we can see the Tower of London, tour some museums.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've paid plenty to see games on US soil. The entire idea comes from it not being terribly MORE expensive for me to fly to f'ing London as for me to fly from Calgary to Seattle. And less for accommodation too.

Sounds like a great vacation to me. I would consider catching the Hawks in London for sure if I was stationed over that way. One of the positives about seeing a road game in a neutral place like that, especially with your kids, is that you probably dont have to worry about idiot fans giving you all sorts of grief. I dont think I would ever take my son or daughter to an away game in places like Oakland or Philly.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a great vacation to me. I would consider catching the Hawks in London for sure if I was stationed over that way. One of the positives about seeing a road game in a neutral place like that, especially with your kids, is that you probably dont have to worry about idiot fans giving you all sorts of grief. I dont think I would ever take my son or daughter to an away game in places like Oakland or Philly.

I'm waiting to see how much the actual game tickets go for, they're not available till next month. But that was my thought too, kind of a mini vacation. Been to Seattle a bunch, and my kid's eyes would glaze over with the Pike Street/ Ferry tour deal.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vacation? Certainly love to go there for a vacation... I just wouldn't want to pay to see a game there... I'd rather use that money for the vacation... With blowouts being very common in London, I wouldn't want to pay and risk spending money to see the Hawks blown out...

But OTOH, I do understand a Dad and his child wanting to create some awesome memories together by attending a game in London...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vacation? Certainly love to go there for a vacation... I just wouldn't want to pay to see a game there... I'd rather use that money for the vacation... With blowouts being very common in London, I wouldn't want to pay and risk spending money to see the Hawks blown out...

But OTOH, I do understand a Dad and his child wanting to create some awesome memories together by attending a game in London...

Sure, it'd suck a bit going that far to see them lose. But I can't get my head around how I can fly to the other side of the friggin globe for not much more money than it costs me to fly to a place I can drive to in 13 hours.

I'm weird too when it comes to vacations. During the decade i was freelancing, I basically didn't take them (don't work, dont' get paid).

Now that I have them back, I'm still not used to it. I think i've got about seven weeks built up of vacay time. They're going to make me start taking 3 day weekends if I don't start using it.

So I suppose I'm thinking of it in a 2 birds one stone way. Vacation time, Seahawks game, eat some fish n chips, maybe see a castle or 3. I've never been to Europe.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've never had a problem in Philly. Also were not rivals so that probably has something to do with it.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, it'd suck a bit going that far to see them lose. But I can't get my head around how I can fly to the other side of the friggin globe for not much more money than it costs me to fly to a place I can drive to in 13 hours.

I'm weird too when it comes to vacations. During the decade i was freelancing, I basically didn't take them (don't work, dont' get paid).

Now that I have them back, I'm still not used to it. I think i've got about seven weeks built up of vacay time. They're going to make me start taking 3 day weekends if I don't start using it.

So I suppose I'm thinking of it in a 2 birds one stone way. Vacation time, Seahawks game, eat some fish n chips, maybe see a castle or 3. I've never been to Europe.

Don't worry too much about the price. Enjoy it with your kid, make some memories and have a great time.