• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Announcement-Please All Read

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!! I will be here with a positive spin all day long every Sunday!!!! 9-7 baby.... count on it!!

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, I am sure I offended someone even when I was not here!! Sorry about that!:nod:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welcome back KSU!

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has come to my attention and after doing a week's worth of research here on the SportsHoopla that the losing season we are presently watching with the Rams has many of us adopting a very negative stance in our responses that has developed into an environment of negativity and offensiveness to many of our own.

At times, this negativity has reached troll levels. What I mean by this, is that many of these troll-type comments are emminating from within our ranks; Supposed Rams fans who are using deleterious and nasty adjectives to express discontent with the Rams organization and its progress in year three of the Snisher administration. I'll use myself as an example because it'll give everyone an idea of what I am referring.

I often refer to Shottenehimer as Shittenehimer because of his mind-boggling methods in calling a struggling offense during a game. I also have referred to an owner as the Queen Idiot on many occasions. After following the Rams for 50+ years, sometimes those types of comments offend other Rams fans who may post on here who view the Rams in perhaps a more positive light. So, going foward I am going to cease in going to that level in hopes that we may return the Rams Pages to an environment that is conducive to good banter without offending other Rams fans. My apologies if I have done that in the recent past.

Now as your moderator, I have little tolerance for trolls from other boards and teams coming on this board and violating the rules. I send a fairly swift and stiff message to those folks to nip things in the bud so that chaos and a lot of crap doesn't become the modus operandi. I am going to use a similar approach to troll type comments from within the regular posters here on the board because it has become clear to me that we are creating a posting environment that is not so much fun any more.

So what does all this mean? Well here is what some of my research has turned up in comparing how we respond to the Rams and their losing and how others respond to their teams when they lose right here on the SportsHoopla. This is a composite of data and I will not reveal names due to confidentiality but the responses I asked for are included as a composite from past and present posters:

"We when we lose, I come on this board (Not the Rams board) to hang with people who know how to handle the losing and we discuss things about the team that may or may not help but we don't trash the team like sometimes I see on the Rams board." "Those guys over there (The Rams board) are ragging majorly against their team and I just don't want to go there much anymore."

Another responded like this: "It's just those trolling posts that come from within that are excused as frustrations that overtly offend some because these posters can't or wont hold themselves to a standard and recognize that their behavior is childish and offensive."

Still another told me: "Some of you guys (meaning Rams fans) need to learn how to support a team when they are going through long periods of struggling. I know, we Redskinsfans have not had a good team in a long time but we don't rag the crap out of the team. There is a nasty streak going on over on the Rams board and I think the mod should reign it in."

And finally: "Sometimes some y'all just need to stop trashing the crap out of the organization and understand that they are trying to work out of mess. I know sometimes I rather not even read some of the stuff that gets stated by Rams fans about the Rams. My question is: Why are they even Rams fans"

So, AS you can see, we aren't perceived to highly by others who may come on the board just for some inter-team banter but what I do know is some Rams fans are being offended by how we express our frustrations. So what I am now suggesting is a couple of things: 1) You can still bitch about losses but we'll do it on a vent thread, if someone wants to start that each week after a game, or we can use my post-game analysis thread as the vent thread. You all let me know; 2) I won't tolerate references to the Rams as the "Lambs" by Rams fans or the use of nasty names to refer to coaches/owners any longer just as I don't tolerate it from a rival poster-this starts with me as previously mentioned. If you get too nasty, you'll get a message from me to tone it down; 3) We should learn different ways of expressing frustrations about the Rams than resorting to the lowest common demoninator which has already been discussed. In short, you can still bitch, but don't make an ass of yourself offending others doing it. I think I read that somewhere before...

If you have any questions or concerns, post them here on this thread. See you all on this board. Retroram52.:yahoo:

Get a life Retro!!! Kobe hater!!! :doobs:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by ksudodger
Wait, I am sure I offended someone even when I was not here!! Sorry about that!
nod.gif

Jerk!

lol2.gif

Sure is good to be back.... ya JACKASS!! :whistle:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by ksudodger
Wait, I am sure I offended someone even when I was not here!! Sorry about that!
nod.gif

Jerk!

:lol:

Sure is good to be back.... ya JACKASS!! :whistle:
:lol:

Glad you're back brother!

By the way....

Quote much? :pound:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welcome back KSU!

Thanks Zeke.... and Brother Vita, YES, I do quote much!! To prove it:
"It just doesn't matter if we win or if we lose because the all the REALLY good looking girls will STILL go out with the guys from Mohawk cause they have all the money!!"
Tripper Harrison - Head Counselor, Camp Northstar.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get a life Retro!!! Kobe hater!!!

Kobe is a ball hog. He was good. And he was no MJ :nod:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is a ball hog. He was good. And he was no MJ :nod:
Kobe is/was better than 'good' and who the hell is an MJ ?

Sure ain't Lebron!

There's only one MJ, SJ!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is a little baby. If he plays in the bad boy era he's cries even more and settles for jumpers even more.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone should say what they want to say, that's freedom. But of course they're certain rules you have to follow. But other than them say what you believe in at that time. Don't get power mad on people. Just one mans opinion