• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All-Time NBA Dynasty Draft

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be Charlotte vs Cincy, and Charlotte is going to win 14-3.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG/SG - Dennis Johnson - jackson - push
SG - Michael Jordan - whoever - Jordan
SF - Kevin Durant - Havlicek - push, sure ESPN highlight win here too, lol, since no one seems to know how good Havlicek was against his peers even with stats and rings, lol
PF - Kevin Garnett - dave d - push
C - Nate Thurmond - wilt - wilt
bench Kings crush statistically again

Might be smarter to start Havlicek on Jordan and English, Pierce or whoever on Durant if I wanted better match ups actually.

again, players you get to see highlights on over and over will be "better" than players you never saw play, thats just the way it works with all time teams in ANY sport...strange that against their peers some guys are able to win championships while others don't win them against their peers but are winners? lol, even Jordan couldn't do what Havlicek or Heinsohn actually DID, lol.

every knows that championships are what players play for right? and those with the most win...if not you better score a buttload or tons of assists or rebounds to be considered a great player.

Woah there killer. Your taking some impressive leaps there.

Lets start with KG vs debuscherre. KG was way better and its not close. For example KG won an mvp meaning he was essentially the best player in his league at some point. He also made 9 all nba teams. Debuscherre meanwhile won 0 mvps and made 1 all nba team. So even solely compared to their peers (which I dont think is the right measuring stick) KG was far superior to debuscherre.

Now for DJ vs Jackson. Jackson was a 1x all star and 0x all nba player while DJ was a 5x all star, 2x all nba, 3x champ, 1x finals mvp, and 9x all defense. Those aren't remotely similar resumes.

Now obviously you dominate at C and I dominate at SG. But even if I give you a push at SF (which I dont really buy) I'd still be better at 3/5 positions and only worse at 1 in the staying lineup. Keep in mind that is where the extreme majority of a game is played.

Now for the bench

Marbury was probably better than Miller but I think you can say it's close.
Sharman is obviously the better player than Korver but Korver does have a lot of value in that he spaces the floor and is an incredible three point shooter. a team need one of those guys off the bench.
Paul pierce is better than Billy cunnigham but cunningham was really good. He wouldn't be embarrassed.
Kevin love meanwhile is better than dan issel
Cowens (former mvp coimng of my bench) is also better than heinsohn.

So im better at 2 or 3 spots off the bench and your better at the other 2. Not enough to make up the gap in our starting lineups.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woah there killer. Your taking some impressive leaps there.

Lets start with KG vs debuscherre. KG was way better and its not close. For example KG won an mvp meaning he was essentially the best player in his league at some point. He also made 9 all nba teams. Debuscherre meanwhile won 0 mvps and made 1 all nba team. So even solely compared to their peers (which I dont think is the right measuring stick) KG was far superior to debuscherre.

Now for DJ vs Jackson. Jackson was a 1x all star and 0x all nba player while DJ was a 5x all star, 2x all nba, 3x champ, 1x finals mvp, and 9x all defense. Those aren't remotely similar resumes.

Now obviously you dominate at C and I dominate at SG. But even if I give you a push at SF (which I dont really buy) I'd still be better at 3/5 positions and only worse at 1 in the staying lineup. Keep in mind that is where the extreme majority of a game is played.

Now for the bench

Marbury was probably better than Miller but I think you can say it's close.
Sharman is obviously the better player than Korver but Korver does have a lot of value in that he spaces the floor and is an incredible three point shooter. a team need one of those guys off the bench.
Paul pierce is better than Billy cunnigham but cunningham was really good. He wouldn't be embarrassed.
Kevin love meanwhile is better than dan issel
Cowens (former mvp coimng of my bench) is also better than heinsohn.

So im better at 2 or 3 spots off the bench and your better at the other 2. Not enough to make up the gap in our starting lineups.

hell, Nos got me drunk last night, I was all over the place...

I will give you the PG
I would say KG wins under your Paul Pierce/Cunningham logic
Halvecik over Durant- easy if you want to use the same type of stats you used for PG, Durant is equal to Alex English
Miller over Marbury- Miller 10,000 more points (almost double, lol) and HOF, Marbury???
Heinsohn over Cowens - Heinsohn played with Wilt and Russell, its like playing with Jordan/Lebron..he wasn't winning a MVP but 8 rings in 9 years, nobody has a better percentage in NBA history, you don't play like Cowens and win like that.
Issel/Love - again 27000 points, one of the highest scoring totals ever in basketball and HOFer, I am sure Love will come close against his peers (not sure closer to which one, the points or the HOF)

Seeing players play makes people believe more about their abilities and that is why guys after ESPN started in all sports will all be looked at as better players. We naturally believe more when we can see it. Every decade had the best player to ever play the game at one point, then its the newest and greatest thing.

Wilt, Havlick, Arizin, O Robertson were on the same level as Shaq, Jordan, Lebron, Magic compared to their peers..of course the latter were bigger, stronger, quicker so if they played head to head they would win...but those 3 against their peers, they both win the same many times...

I would take Usane Bolt over Jesse Owens in a race but against their peers Owens wins more...it will be forever almost impossible to compare that big of generation gaps...in any sport. Football would even be more of nightmare, you think Barry Sanders would last without a helmet, against his peers, lol... baseball is so much easier.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to get more people before we set the rules.

Post a thread saying "NFL All Time Best Mock Draft Sign Up" on the NFL board. Then post who has already signed up. I would do it but shopping now with wife at Target.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mock Draft sign up has been posted on the NFL board.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlotte and Cincy move onto the Championship Game. Voting for the championship will end Monday at 5pm. (So we can get lots of votes)

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Ritz, even though you phucked up the names! lolzzzz

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna thank everyone again for being active and getting this done.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I second Nos's statement it was a lot of fun. If you want to do it again with football then sign up on the nfl board. Thanks again everyone for making this draft so successful.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will give you the PG
Halvecik over Durant- easy if you want to use the same type of stats you used for PG, Durant is equal to Alex English
Miller over Marbury- Miller 10,000 more points (almost double, lol) and HOF, Marbury???
Heinsohn over Cowens - Heinsohn played with Wilt and Russell, its like playing with Jordan/Lebron..he wasn't winning a MVP but 8 rings in 9 years, nobody has a better percentage in NBA history, you don't play like Cowens and win like that.
Issel/Love - again 27000 points, one of the highest scoring totals ever in basketball and HOFer, I am sure Love will come close against his peers (not sure closer to which one, the points or the HOF)

Seeing players play makes people believe more about their abilities and that is why guys after ESPN started in all sports will all be looked at as better players. We naturally believe more when we can see it. Every decade had the best player to ever play the game at one point, then its the newest and greatest thing.

Wilt, Havlick, Arizin, O Robertson were on the same level as Shaq, Jordan, Lebron, Magic compared to their peers..of course the latter were bigger, stronger, quicker so if they played head to head they would win...but those 3 against their peers, they both win the same many times...

I would take Usane Bolt over Jesse Owens in a race but against their peers Owens wins more...it will be forever almost impossible to compare that big of generation gaps...in any sport. Football would even be more of nightmare, you think Barry Sanders would last without a helmet, against his peers, lol... baseball is so much easier.

Well what can I say, you make some good points but I guess in the end we're judging players differently. In my mind these teams are playing a game and I think Durant would outplay Havlicek head to head. But your looking at it from the point of Havlicek having a more successful career especially against his peers. Same deal with the Marbury v Miller and Issel v Love. Even Cowens v Heinsohn is like that.

So maybe your players had more impressive careers over the length of their careers in some situations but they (only some of them) IMO played during a time when the league was weaker across the board. Meanwhile I think my players at the peak of their individual powers were greater than yours at their peak and that's why I think they would win.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, I agree, all players at the physical peak, your guys dominate, if they actually could play against each other...that is why comparing them to their peers is more realistic and fair....

I don't know in referrence to what your calling "weak" but all the players might have been physically weaker than todays players but against their peers some stood out like rockets, just like some players do today.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is pretty easy. You get first pick - you take Jordan - you don't lose a game.

I feel pretty good that I came within a few votes if Charlotte.

Honestly, Charlotte did build a hell of a team. But people see Jordan and Durant and I think half look no further.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is pretty easy. You get first pick - you take Jordan - you don't lose a game.

I feel pretty good that I came within a few votes if Charlotte.

Honestly, Charlotte did build a hell of a team. But people see Jordan and Durant and I think half look no further.

I fully agree. I think next nba draft we don't let anyone take Jordan it's almost a unfair advantage.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will give you the PG

In all honesty, Starbury is a total liability. I think you would have been better off with a role player who can defend (like D. Fisher). Marbury jacked up shots, didn't play defense and was a cancer in the locker room. I take Andre Miller 100 times over even though Marbury was the more talented player.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to EHB on winning the NBA Dynasty Draft!

Final Score was 13 - 4

Kinda feels like we played for nothing, maybe we shouldn't have had Jordan available to draft.

I guess we will move onto our NFL draft...

Thank you again to everyone for being so active.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say I really liked my team as a whole but Jordan definitely seems to be the difference maker.