• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Albert O appreciation thread

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets his own. Good luck at your next designation.

Alex Palczewski's name is difficult so we can only have one difficult name on the roster. I thought he was going to crack the 53 after his last PS game but like McTelvin Agim in his last game of PS last year it was too late.

I would expect him to be claimed by a team in need of a pass catching TE.

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the issue. He waited too long. Nate Adkins has been a surprise in camp so far with the coaches being impressed by him. Albert O made a nice push at the end but do you keep a guy that only showed up for about a week or two of the offseason in his 4th year right before cut downs or the guy you have a lot of control over contract wise and has been the more consistent guy?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a healthy scratch practically all season last year, dropped wide-open passes when he was given a chance, and barely managed 95 yards for the whole year. I’ll go ahead and say looking good against 3rd and 4th string players doesn’t negate all the ineffectiveness he’s shown. I’m sure he’s a solid dude but he’s not a good football player(at least with Denver, maybe someone else can unlock something in him).

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible we could have 4 undrafted rookies make the team? I am guessing not but possible.

McLaughlin
Palc

Adkins
Incoom

I don't think Incoom will make the initial 53 but it is possible.

Honestly, I like keeping 3 TE's with Adkins on the PS.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a healthy scratch practically all season last year, dropped wide-open passes when he was given a chance, and barely managed 95 yards for the whole year. I’ll go ahead and say looking good against 3rd and 4th string players doesn’t negate all the ineffectiveness he’s shown. I’m sure he’s a solid dude but he’s not a good football player(at least with Denver, maybe someone else can unlock something in him).

Oh yeah. I don't think this move will surprise anyone. He could have done enough to hold onto a roster spot yet he would be inactive unless Dulcich likely went down. Dulcich has had some injury problems early on so it was possible. But unless Dulcich goes down he doesn't fill a role for us. He isn't a blocker (Like Tomlinson did last year and Manhertz will this year) and he doesn't play special teams like say an Eric Saubert from years before.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things with Sean Payton coaches teams.

1. He doesn't like TE's that can't block... Hard to expect he would keep two Rec TE's
2. A lot of undrafted rookies make his squad.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now saying we are trading Albert O to the Eagles.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick swap. We give our 2025 7th rounder and Albert. We get the Eagles 2025 6th rounder.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reported that the Eagles offered us the pick swap after hearing we were going to release him. Before we put him on the waiver wire the Eagles figuring they would lose out on the waiver claim for him offered the swap.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picks 2 years in the future don’t mean much but at least we got something.

I mean it was a pick swap so yeah. It doesn't mean much but you gotta take it. It is more then if you outright release him.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picks 2 years in the future don’t mean much but at least we got something.
It looks like our pick was 2023. The one they get is 2025.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like our pick was 2023. The one they get is 2025.

You sure about this? Every source I read says the pick swap is for 2025. We get their 6th in 2025, they get our 7th in 2025.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure about this? Every source I read says the pick swap is for 2025. We get their 6th in 2025, they get our 7th in 2025.
Yeah, I just saw 2025 and think mine may have been a typo.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This epitomizes why Albert O wasn’t gonna make this team

Edit: also, can anyone tell me why these links don’t work for some people anymore but they still work for others?

I'm not sure why they do and don't work depending on the person. I will say this play just shows the up and down play that has plagued Albert O's career and made it where teams cannot trust him on a consistent basis. His blocking has improved but he still has plays like this that remind you he is nowhere near where you need him in order for him to have a significant role on offense. He is just lucky the defender was more focused on destroying him than on making the actual play. This could have been the difference between a TD and a field goal in a real game.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Albert O's roster spot reminds me of Agim last year.

Guy who didn't step up all of camp until it was a little too late then blew up in a game where he faced guys he will never be facing if we need to call upon him.

Agim did the same thing last year with a big last game on the bubble. It was too late and not enough. No real role. Can't use him as a blocker, he doesn't play special teams and if you keep 4 TE's the 4th guy has to have a role other then just waiting around for an injury like Adkins did and like an Eric Saubert did last year.

I can preach on this enough. I know I say it all the time but those extra RB's DB's, OLB's, TE's... They have to fill a role other then waiting for an injury for their time to come.... Special teams is the most obvious role for depth guys to stick around a roster for.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Albert O's roster spot reminds me of Agim last year.

Guy who didn't step up all of camp until it was a little too late then blew up in a game where he faced guys he will never be facing if we need to call upon him.

Agim did the same thing last year with a big last game on the bubble. It was too late and not enough. No real role. Can't use him as a blocker, he doesn't play special teams and if you keep 4 TE's the 4th guy has to have a role other then just waiting around for an injury like Adkins did and like an Eric Saubert did last year.

I can preach on this enough. I know I say it all the time but those extra RB's DB's, OLB's, TE's... They have to fill a role other then waiting for an injury for their time to come.... Special teams is the most obvious role for depth guys to stick around a roster for.

Seems like about the last 10 guys to make the team make it more for special teams ability than their designated position. It is why there are times you see guys cut that did better at their position but offered little to nothing on special teams. I think like right now with Tremon Smith. To me he was the worst CB on our roster throughout this offseason. Yet here he is at least for now still on the roster. It is because of his return ability. I still personally would have cut him, but the Broncos see the value in a big return that he can offer.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree Carl.

I would cut Tremon. I think Denver is caught up in his guaranteed money. It is a one year deal so I would jus swallow that. I wouldn't keep him just as a KR because we hardly return kicks anymore anyway, especially playing half our games in Mile High. He is not someone I wanna see thrown out there at CB and we shouldn't see that given the large amount of CB's we are carrying (also said to be bringing back Moreau) I just don't get keeping Smith on the roster as just a KR option and gunner. I don't think he is worth the roster spot.