• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AJ preller and the Padres visit rangers 06/25-06/27

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His age combined with his overall performance this year has me wondering how good he will be in 2 years. Even if I didn't have doubts about his performance in 2 years, I have a lot of doubt about our ability to go to a WS while he is under contract.

Not saying we shouldn’t trade him, but somebody’s gotta pitch the next two years and we can’t roll a triple A pitcher out there every night. Basically, if he brings the kind of value that legitimately helps
your rebuild you consider trading him. I just wouldn’t trade him for the sake of doing it.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying we shouldn’t trade him, but somebody’s gotta pitch the next two years and we can’t roll a triple A pitcher out there every night. Basically, if he brings the kind of value that legitimately helps
your rebuild you consider trading him. I just wouldn’t trade him for the sake of doing it.
That is correct. We are not over a barrel or anything.

As far as pitchers for next year I think there will be some in free agency comparable to Minor and Fister that we could go after in a few months. Then we can do the same thing with them a year from now hopefully.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Rangers rumors: Adrian Beltre wants to return to Texas for 2019, per report

As expected the market for Beltre this summer is going to be limited. Limited markets mean limited returns. But I do love hearing he wants to be here in 2019.

I could live with that. It’s always enjoyable to watch Beltre play regardless of how good or bad team is.

If Beltre doesn’t get traded, we still need to make a minimum of 3 other deals tho.

Gotta get prospects. Prospects. Prospects.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be a good time to ask how many want a separate thread for trade talk. Myself, I would rather keep it within the same theads as the series threads. I would rather not have but one place to read comments that I am interested in. I like knowing about breaking news or even rumors in a quicker manner than would be the case if we separated the two.

What say you?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be a good time to ask how many want a separate thread for trade talk. Myself, I would rather keep it within the same theads as the series threads. I would rather not have but one place to read comments that I am interested in. I like knowing about breaking news or even rumors in a quicker manner than would be the case if we separated the two.

What say you?
Agree. Leave it as is. 69 have viewed with 0 replies. Nuff said.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fear that Beltre could block a trade based on his 10/5 rights is the very reason to trade Choo soon.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Minor.

As of now I don't think Minor has pitched well enough to get anything worth making him tradable, I think he holds more value for us as a starter next year than he does in recouping talent in a trade this year,

and that's not because I think someone has to pitch for us next year, I would roll out our top 5 pitchers from AAA in a 2nd rebuild year, or sign a couple guys off the scrap heap a la Colon

But that really does depend on how he pitches going forward, he's shown flashes but hopefully he becomes a bit more consistent

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing that a Hamels trade has progressed far enough in talks that a deal could be made prior to the ASG.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees on line 1 probably

Line up is amazing but boy do they need pitching help.

I wouldn’t mind sending them kela too if they gave good prospects.

I’d like to see them knock out the Astros this year.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wash articles. Just what I need Friday morning. Not getting any younger. Need to see some WS redemption before I am pushing daisies

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One change would have made the difference all right. The one change would be JD firing Wash before the WS years so we wouldn't have to win inspite of him.

I notice he didn't mention a defensive substitute for Cruz or allowing Holland to start a second time. Those changes would have been huge.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One change would have made the difference all right. The one change would be JD firing Wash before the WS years so we wouldn't have to win inspite of him.

I notice he didn't mention a defensive substitute for Cruz or allowing Holland to start a second time. Those changes would have been huge.

Let’s see, off the top of my head changes that could’ve made a big difference...

Not starting Torrealba in game 4

No defensive substitution (Endy for Cruz who was playing with an abdominal tear)

No doubles defense

Instead of sending your flame throwing closer back out for redemption sending a junk baller out to face the 7 and 8 jitters and a pinch hitting effing pitcher.

Not pitching Holland or Wilson in game 7, and going with your worst starter in the series while St. Louis had the stones to pitch Carpenter again.

Did I miss anything?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s see, off the top of my head changes that could’ve made a big difference...

Not starting Torrealba in game 4

No defensive substitution (Endy for Cruz who was playing with an abdominal tear)

No doubles defense

Instead of sending your flame throwing closer back out for redemption sending a junk baller out to face the 7 and 8 jitters and a pinch hitting effing pitcher.

Not pitching Holland or Wilson in game 7, and going with your worst starter in the series while St. Louis had the stones to pitch Carpenter again.

Did I miss anything?
I think you pretty much covered it. Although, I believe it was Hamilton with the abdominal issue, but Cruz had enough defensive problems for that move to be a no brainer. In fact even Wash though of it at first and changed his mind. Endy said he had been told to go out for defense and then they changed their mind.

Batting someone besides Young at cleanup might have helped too.