• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aftermath

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots played two games yesterday.

First half game. Defense played like they were expecting the Eagle to just fall over when they "attempted" to Tackle Blount, Ajayi or Clement. I've had Pop Warner teams that played better. Losing Cooks was bad. He was a critical part of the offense and the Eagles defense was having a horrible time with coverage. I know Dorsett is as fast, but Brady just didn't take the time to build his trust in him. The Patriots dug their own hole and never did anything for the "just in case" scenario. Malcom Butler spent 98% of the game on the sideline....why?? He must have said or did something that really pissed off Belichck.

Second half game. The defense that came out in the second half started playing like the defense that we expected at the beginning of the game. The problem was with play selection by Josh. Hindsight is always 20/20 but He just seemed to reach into the trick bag at the wrong time.

So where does that put the Patriots for next season? Vegas oddsmakers have them favored to win the Super Bowl next year at 6:2. The Eagles are 6:1 to repeat.

First and foremost, getting Julian Edelman back will make this offense much less predictable. Having Marcellus Bennett on the other side in a two TE set will also make a huge difference. Cooks, Hogan and Mr. Money, Danny Amendola will be the anchors along with the return of Malcolm Mitchell.

The defense will get back Valentine, Derek Rivers, Hightower, Johnathan and Cyrus Jone and Shea McClellin. Having a new Defensive Coordinator may change the way this group approaches a game.

Losing the Super Bowl is always the toughest loss of the year. It's also a good motivator for the next year.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not entirely sure this is the time or the place to do this... But just wanted to say Congrats on the season gentlemen. I know it didn't end the way you envisioned or wanted it to, but that's a fact of life in the NFL. We all have to endure it from time to time. I saw no shame in the way the Pats lost yesterday. That was a very exciting game from start to finish. Brady still proves time & time again why he's in the conversation as the GOAT (even though we all know he is, we still have a hard time saying it without vomiting in our mouths). 500yds in a postseason game is unbelievable, let alone the Superbowl! How the Pats offense racked up 600+yds of offense and lost the game is unreal. It boiled down to 1 untimely fumble, but still. Can't take anything away from the Eagles. They played lights out and their coach won a couple gambles that proved to be monumental.

Again... Congrats on the great season gentlemen! Pats will once again be the cream of the AFC crop next season. Looking forward to playing you guys again.

:suds:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not entirely sure this is the time or the place to do this... But just wanted to say Congrats on the season gentlemen. I know it didn't end the way you envisioned or wanted it to, but that's a fact of life in the NFL. We all have to endure it from time to time. I saw no shame in the way the Pats lost yesterday. That was a very exciting game from start to finish. Brady still proves time & time again why he's in the conversation as the GOAT (even though we all know he is, we still have a hard time saying it without vomiting in our mouths). 500yds in a postseason game is unbelievable, let alone the Superbowl! How the Pats offense racked up 600+yds of offense and lost the game is unreal. It boiled down to 1 untimely fumble, but still. Can't take anything away from the Eagles. They played lights out and their coach won a couple gambles that proved to be monumental.

Again... Congrats on the great season gentlemen! Pats will once again be the cream of the AFC crop next season. Looking forward to playing you guys again.

:suds:

Losing is never fun. Thanks Face.

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm masochistically watching GMFB gush all over the Eagles. There was no controversy surrounding last night's game. It was an incredible game. The Patriots played their hearts out and came up short this time. Brady is still the GOAT to me. Hope he gets another chance soon.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching some post game stuff..................really interesting.

Rob Gronkowski will re-evaluate himself over the next few weeks. He has two years left on hyis present contract and he'll be 29 years old when the season begins in September. Gronk has every dollar that he's earned with Patriots football contracts. He's never spent a penny of his "job" earnings. He's living and has lived on money that he's earned doing commercials and as a spokesman for athletic wear companies like Nike.

Rob Gronkowski is considering whether or not to retire.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malcolm Butler..........."I had a crappy year." "I could have done better."

"They gave up on me. F**K, it is what it is."

Charlie Weiss, former Patriots Offensive Coordinator, immediately warned everyone........"You've just heard one side of this story. We don't have any idea whatsoever what happened and I think everyone should just back off until the real story comes out."

When asked at the post game press conference why malcolm Butler did not play one defensive snap, Bill Belichick said directly, "It was a football decision."

Malcolm Butler was seen crying during the playing of 'America the Beautiful'. Word is that something happened in the locker room prior to the teams coming out on the field prior to the pre game festivities. Butler was told before the Patriots came out on the field that he was benched.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News today is that Malcom Butler was caught with weed during the week and also missed a curfew. In the Belichick rules those kind of things don't fly.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get that move it might have cost them the game but we'll never know. I wouldn't expect to get any info from Belichick.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We" don't need to do anything. Sorry Ty, but what is done internally on the New England Patriots is nothing we have any right to investigate. Malcolm started being a pain in the ass at the end of last year. He let his lack of a big contract affect his play and he admitted he sucked this year and that he could have done better. He should be thankful that Belichick didn't throw him under the bus, he said that it was a football decision that he didn't play. He'll get a 5 year $75M contract from the jets.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hearing reports that it has nothing to do with weed and that he was just a few min late for curfew. If that was it, I can see him missing a Q or something, but this is the fucking SB. You deal with that shit later. Also reading that some players and coaches were furious at BB for making this call..Not sure how much is true.

Man I am so disappointed in the way this defense played....they needed just one stop, something and they win this game.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Monday Night Patriots Dan Koppen and Mike Giardi talked about Butler not playing.........They talked about three specific things 1. Missing the plane 2. Out beyond curfew and 3. Missing team meetings

Koppen put simply. "A team has rules that are in place to protect players, insure that players are in the right place at the right time and to allow the team to avoid serious problems."

"The rules are in place for everyone and everyone has to follow them. To break those rules knowingly, is a slap in the face to the organization and very selfish on the player's part."

"Everyone knows the price that has to be paid for breaking Belichick's rules."

Butler broke the rules because he knows he isn't coming back next year. He devalued his own worth to every team in the league because he now cannot be trusted to obey team rules. He put his own agenda before his team's agenda in the biggest game o0f the season. End of story.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both BB and Butler said it was not disciplinary......so can we stop with that talk...he was benched for some reason.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both BB and Butler said it was not disciplinary......so can we stop with that talk...he was benched for some reason.

Not playing a starter in the biggest game of the year for any reason other than disciplinary, makes absolutely no sense. That pretty much says it's personal. If it is personal, then Belichick just lost the entire team because all of the "Team First, above all else" and "Just do your job" become total bullshit.

With Brady being as angry as he is right now, Kraft has got to get some answers from Bill and then either Kraft or BB has to address the team before OTAs start. AND some one will have to calm Brady. Knowing why something happened can make all of the difference to the team and to potential free agents that the team wants to sign. If a player thinks that Belichick threw away a chance for a 6th ring because he had a vendetta against Butler, nobody will come to New England for fear they could be his next target.

What if Brady says to Kraft, "I can't play for Bill Belichick anymore, so I'm letting you know I'm done."

What happens then?? My guess is that Kraft would fire Belichick to let Brady play for 2-3 more years and McDaniels would be handed the reins.

Belichick is 66 years old and there comes a point in time where a coach can't communicate with players as well as he did earlier in his career.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not sure I trust this statement either. Of course he is not going to take responsibility he is a FA he does not want to appears as the bad guy here.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Butler did do something/anything that could have hurt this team, I don’t think Brady responds to his farewell like he did. And I would think Brady being Brady, would pretty much know what happened.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he forget about 2015 when they didn't achieve a conference championship or Super Bowl victory?