• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Accord Touring or Avalon Premium

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 Honda Accord vs. 2014 Toyota Avalon

Provided the link works which way would you lean if buying new. The Accord has more useable or quality features than the Avalon and rides better than old Accords, but it's tough to beat the ride of an Avalon under 35k. If you were buying and narrowed it down to these two which one would you choose?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avalon will give you more room. I prefer Honda over Toyota cars, but that's just me and both are great cars. Avalon just had a decent sized recall, so you might be able to get a slightly better deal right now than you could a few months ago.

If you have kids, look at the rear heat vents in the console. I haven't looked at the Avalon, so can't speak to that aspect.

Lastly, have you considered the Genesis as well? I know a lot of people don't consider Hyundai, but I'd at least consider them (especially over the Altima...not a fan of Nissan).
2014 Honda Accord vs. 2014 Toyota Avalon vs. 2014 Hyundai Genesis

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avalon will give you more room. I prefer Honda over Toyota cars, but that's just me and both are great cars. Avalon just had a decent sized recall, so you might be able to get a slightly better deal right now than you could a few months ago.

If you have kids, look at the rear heat vents in the console. I haven't looked at the Avalon, so can't speak to that aspect.

Lastly, have you considered the Genesis as well? I know a lot of people don't consider Hyundai, but I'd at least consider them (especially over the Altima...not a fan of Nissan).
2014 Honda Accord vs. 2014 Toyota Avalon vs. 2014 Hyundai Genesis

No kids, well I have one but he is 21. And look at the interior room the Avalon really isn't bigger in all areas which surprised me. I don't know why but I have no faith in Hyundia it could just be me. I have a 19 year old Honda so it's hard to steer away from that.