• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Judge is on roids

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's look at the facts:

His best year prior to 2017 was last year where he hit 19 homers at AAA and 4 in the majors.

That's 23 homers over 505 plate appearances or about one homer every 22 plate appearances.

NOW, in the majors, facing major league pitching, he has 13 homers over 104 plate appearances or a homer every 8 plate appearances. Seems rather implausible.

Combine this with the fact that we've seen this startling onset of power just last year on, surprise surprise, the Yankees with Gary Sanchez. Prior to last year, Gary, like Aaron, had a year where he was hitting approximately one homer every 22 plate appearances. All of a sudden he's called up and proceeds to hit a homer every 11 plate appearances and forces himself into consideration for rookie of the year.

So we're expected to believe that in back to back years the Yankees have produced rookies that have homered at a record clip despite having only moderate success in the minors? Really?

Instead of testing Eric Thames 5 times a week, maybe MLB should send some of its cup holders to the Bronx.
I will take this opportunity to mention that at least 60% of your Red Sox WS teams were on the juice of some sort. Ortiz's name being taken off the positive list was one of the greatest shams in modern history. Of course it helps when the guy leading the investigation was a RS share holder

#FUCKNBULLSHIT

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets compare

David Ortiz couldnt beat Ron Coomer out for a job, and released by Minnesota, a team desperate for offense

15 minutes later, David Ortiz is the most feared hitter on the planet

15 minutes after that, David Ortiz suddenly appears on a "List" of players that used steroids

David Ortiz is "getting to the bottom of this problem" as fast as OJ is "getting to the bottom of finding Nicoles killer"

Aaron Judge and Gary Sanchez have been on every Top 50 minor league prospects report seemingly for the last 10 years......People that scout these guys are probably more surprised it took this long, than it happening at all

We know this is a tough time for Yankees haters

But we did provide a window for all your favorite teams for the last 4 or 5 years.....The Red Sox couldnt capitilize.....Now that window is closing faster than David Prices' career..

Cashman is truly a magician

Just fasten your seatbelts, Sanchez returns tomorrow, and Gleyber Torres is making a mockery of minor league pitching

if it makes you feel better to accuse a man that is 8 feet tall and 400 pounds of being on steroids, Im all for making you feel better, I care about you and your well being
That fucking denim square dancing suit he wore during his press conference still makes me laugh

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not

Shut Your Whore Mouth!!

tumblr_inline_n6ka0wHmUI1qa43er.gif

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Sox have ZERO Titles since 1918, ZERO, without exagerration, without the contributions of notorious steroid users David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez

Ill never deny Yankee steroid use, i really dont even care......I even think Posada was a user and he never got busted...

But im not just gonna admit that "Judge is on steroids" because his greatness is pissing off Red Sox fans.....Maybe he is, Maybe he isnt, but I know its too much for you to admit that maybe the Yankees just produced a generational star, so the steroid thing is your only fallback

has any team?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fucking denim square dancing suit he wore during his press conference still makes me laugh

Ha!

I remember he also did some press conference and his entire outfit had been head-to-toe bedazzled.

s-l300.jpg

#YouCanTakeTheCholoOutOfMexicoButYouCan'tTakeTheMexicoOutOfTheCholo

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha!

I remember he also did some press conference and his entire outfit had been head-to-toe bedazzled.

s-l300.jpg

#YouCanTakeTheCholoOutOfMexicoButYouCan'tTakeTheMexicoOutOfTheCholo
Well I think my Grandma put it best when she used to say:

If you are gonna play major league baseball, take steroids, then get called out for it you might as well do your presser with some flair sonny!

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets pretend you didn't see what I wrote, and then we should be fine
I read what you wrote, I don't understand what it has to do with what I wrote though. Dirt likes to say that the Red Sox "had a chance, and now the window is closed". I like to remind him that the Red Sox won a World Series in that window. What was the point in injecting yourself into that? To point out that David Ortiz did steroids? Whoopie. Has nothing to do with mine and Dirt's charming back and forth.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read what you wrote, I don't understand what it has to do with what I wrote though. Dirt likes to say that the Red Sox "had a chance, and now the window is closed". I like to remind him that the Red Sox won a World Series in that window. What was the point in injecting yourself into that? To point out that David Ortiz did steroids? Whoopie. Has nothing to do with mine and Dirt's charming back and forth.

Has anyone mentioned that David Ortiz did steroids? Lots and lots of steroids.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For reelz, though, @soxfan1468927, I'm interested in your take on the David Ortiz/HOF debate. @StanMarsh51's as well.

Had a discussion once with Rock who is of the opinion that Señor Ortiz will be a 1st ballot HOF'er. Personally, I think getting in is somewhat iffy, and that 1st ballot would be shocking. He'd be the first full-time DH to make the hall and the first known PED user to make the hall. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets in (I think he should), but I'd be pretty shocked if he got in on the 1st ballot.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For reelz, though, @soxfan1468927, I'm interested in your take on the David Ortiz/HOF debate. @StanMarsh51's as well.

Had a discussion once with Rock who is of the opinion that Señor Ortiz will be a 1st ballot HOF'er. Personally, I think getting in is somewhat iffy, and that 1st ballot would be shocking. He'd be the first full-time DH to make the hall and the first known PED user to make the hall. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets in (I think he should), but I'd be pretty shocked if he got in on the 1st ballot.

Grain of salt with Rock and Ortiz, he actually thinks he never did steroids

Anyways, from a statistical standpoint, and more importantly as an all time clutch postseason hitter, Id have no problem with him being in on the first ballot

The bigger issue becomes voters are reallllly opening pandoras' box here, and that alone will prevent him from getting in on the first ballot......Its gonna be real hard for voters to allow him in, and explain away not voting for Bonds/Arod/Clemens, etc........I do think Bagwell and Piazza may signify that voters are starting to bend on the steroid issue...I know they werent caught, but reports were that voters thought they used....At the end of the day, i dont see Ortiz on the first ballot, again, simply because letting him in is gonna force them to let guys in that they probably dont want there

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grain of salt with Rock and Ortiz, he actually thinks he never did steroids

Anyways, from a statistical standpoint, and more importantly as an all time clutch postseason hitter, Id have no problem with him being in on the first ballot

The bigger issue becomes voters are reallllly opening pandoras' box here, and that alone will prevent him from getting in on the first ballot......Its gonna be real hard for voters to allow him in, and explain away not voting for Bonds/Arod/Clemens, etc........I do think Bagwell and Piazza may signify that voters are starting to bend on the steroid issue...I know they werent caught, but reports were that voters thought they used....At the end of the day, i dont see Ortiz on the first ballot, again, simply because letting him in is gonna force them to let guys in that they probably dont want there

I agree with all of that. I'll add that I think Bonds/Arod/Clemens should be in the HOF. Not Pete Rose, though; fuck that guy.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of that. I'll add that I think Bonds/Arod/Clemens should be in the HOF. Not Pete Rose, though; fuck that guy.

Agreed, Pete's violation was on another level completely

Ill never forget a Diane Sawyer interview with Victor Conte, the founder of Balco, when the whole Balco/Steroid thing was blowing up in baseball

She asked him : "Dont you believe in an even playing field in baseball?"

Conte : "It is even, they are all on something"

Never forget that, cause it was so true.....The advantage Clemens had over the batters he faced, was minimal, if any advantage at all

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ortiz is a "known" user because his name was leaked on the list of 103 from the preliminary testing back in 2003 or 2004. Who else was on that list? Hall of Famers Robbie Alomar and Pedro Martinez and future HOFer Todd Helton. So if we're using that list as why he's known, he won't be the first.