• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A visit to the house of horrors.......Oakland 09/22-09/24

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never make the game thread, but I figured I'd step in and try to help the Rangers actually win a game ( hopefully more) in Oakland.

The Rangers are 1-5 here on the season and their only victory in this horrid ballpark came on April 17th.

The first game is huge, well they all are, but I still think the first one is most important in this series.

Kendall Graveman appears to be a mediocre pitcher with mediocre overall stats, but he has dominated the Rangers this year. Graveman is 2-0 with a 2.61 ERA and a 1.07 WHIP in 3 starts against the Rangers. Could we all possibly chip in money and give Khris Davis a 2 week vacation to Australia or something? That guy just murders us.

It would go a long way if we could sustain the momentum from Seattle, beat Graveman, and shutdown Davis. If we are going to have any chance of facing the Yankees in New York in a sudden death game ( daunting task, but Houston went and prevailed one year) we have got to treat Oakland like the bottom feeding losers that they are. We need to win 5 out of 7 against these guys at least.

If I were bannister, I would consider sitting Gallo for the first 2 games of this series. Honestly, Gallo's game is primarily the long ball and the ball doesn't carry in Oakland at night.

I also like that Gonzalez is expected to start against Oakland twice. Why you ask? Because none of our other pitchers have been able to beat them. Who knows? Maybe he could do it. It could actually be considered a positive thing that we don't have Darvish on the team for right now because the A's owned him.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never make the game thread, but I figured I'd step in and try to help the Rangers actually win a game ( hopefully more) in Oakland.

The Rangers are 1-5 here on the season and their only victory in this horrid ballpark came on April 17th.

The first game is huge, well they all are, but I still think the first one is most important in this series.

Kendall Graveman appears to be a mediocre pitcher with mediocre overall stats, but he has dominated the Rangers this year. Graveman is 2-0 with a 2.61 ERA and a 1.07 WHIP in 3 starts against the Rangers. Could we all possibly chip in money and give Khris Davis a 2 week vacation to Australia or something? That guy just murders us.

It would go a long way if we could sustain the momentum from Seattle, beat Graveman, and shutdown Davis. If we are going to have any chance of facing the Yankees in New York in a sudden death game ( daunting task, but Houston went and prevailed one year) we have got to treat Oakland like the bottom feeding losers that they are. We need to win 5 out of 7 against these guys at least.

If I were bannister, I would consider sitting Gallo for the first 2 games of this series. Honestly, Gallo's game is primarily the long ball and the ball doesn't carry in Oakland at night.

I also like that Gonzalez is expected to start against Oakland twice. Why you ask? Because none of our other pitchers have been able to beat them. Who knows? Maybe he could do it. It could actually be considered a positive thing that we don't have Darvish on the team for right now because the A's owned him.

Nice book. Where is the signing at?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, we got Martinez going tonight. So if we're going to beat em it's certainly going to be with pitchers who aren't our best. So, so be it. Go Rangers

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice book. Where is the signing at?

Yea....... Sorry for actually trying to preview the series instead of throwing out a half ass title and calling it a day like some people I know.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we got Martinez going tonight. So if we're going to beat em it's certainly going to be with pitchers who aren't our best. So, so be it. Go Rangers

Little Nicky actually did decent against Oakland last time. The only problem was Graveman did better.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't get swept this time or we might as well bend over and kiss our butt good bye.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go so far as to say taking 2 of 3 might not be good enough.
It may come down to Banister making 100% perfect decisions

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No park can hold Gallo's long ball. Go Rangers

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking we likely need at least 8 out 10 remaining

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland been tough on Texas lately. Need 2 of 3 this weekend to make the last week of season interesting. 7-3 the rest of the way plus some help from the Tigers and Indians. So slim chance but you never know.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately Oakland has been playing well plus we're on the back end of our rotation. Just win tonight and go from there.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea....... Sorry for actually trying to preview the series instead of throwing out a half ass title and calling it a day like some people I know.

You are a man among men, that's for sure......Thank you sir.

And incidentally. You use "yea" and awful lot when you really mean "yeah."

Last edited:

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland been tough on Texas lately. Need 2 of 3 this weekend to make the last week of season interesting. 7-3 the rest of the way plus some help from the Tigers and Indians. So slim chance but you never know.

I have no doubt that the Indians will probably help us some with the Twinkies, but we need the Tigers to win some games against them too

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, this place is just on fire this evening. ha

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unfortunate but it looks like this little crappy Oakland team with close to 100 losses just has our number.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no interest in seeing NM take the mound for us in the future.

I hear ya.....But know what? More teams struggle with the #4/5 slots than don't. This means there's an awful lot NM's out there, and hard to avoid having at least one really.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unfortunate but it looks like this little crappy Oakland team with close to 100 losses just has our number.

And Choo (yes that overpaid one) hammers it to get us within one.