• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Recap of the stupidity

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nationals just traded for a shortstop.
San Fran has openly stated they need a second baseman.
Brewers just picked up a right fielder in Para.
Cards got Masterson, who is having a worse year than Burnett.
Yanks traded for a shortstop
Detroit traded for a pitcher
Mariners picked up an outfielder in Jackson.
Yanks also picked up Prado who is a 2nd baseman/3rd base/outfielder
Giants traded for Peavy
Baltimore traded for a reliever

There was a market for Byrd (Brewers, Mariners), Rollins (Yanks, Nationals), Utley (Giants, at least), Burnett (St. Louis), Bastardo (Orioles, Detroit), Hamels (Detroit who just picked up Price), Papelbon (Detroit, LAA).

Some ridiculous statements from the General Moron:

"I think one of the most over-coveted elements of baseball are prospects"

"I just don’t think the players that we were being offered were players who were good enough to help us”

"We were looking for players that would help us, but I think we were very reasonable in the discussions that we had. Frankly, I don’t think the clubs were aggressive enough for the talent we have on our club.”

"When you have players who are actually performing at the major-league level compared to players who are in the minor leagues -- prospects are another term for saying minor-league players. They're minor-league players. And until they're producing at the major-league level, that's what they are. Prospects are prospects"

Phillies GM Explains Why Terrible Team Didn't Get Better

Amaro blames unwilling trade partners for deadline whiff | Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nationals just traded for a shortstop.
San Fran has openly stated they need a second baseman.
Brewers just picked up a right fielder in Para.
Cards got Masterson, who is having a worse year than Burnett.
Yanks traded for a shortstop
Detroit traded for a pitcher
Mariners picked up an outfielder in Jackson.
Yanks also picked up Prado who is a 2nd baseman/3rd base/outfielder
Giants traded for Peavy
Baltimore traded for a reliever

There was a market for Byrd (Brewers, Mariners), Rollins (Yanks, Nationals), Utley (Giants, at least), Burnett (St. Louis), Bastardo (Orioles, Detroit), Hamels (Detroit who just picked up Price), Papelbon (Detroit, LAA).

Some ridiculous statements from the General Moron:

"I think one of the most over-coveted elements of baseball are prospects"

"I just don’t think the players that we were being offered were players who were good enough to help us”

"We were looking for players that would help us, but I think we were very reasonable in the discussions that we had. Frankly, I don’t think the clubs were aggressive enough for the talent we have on our club.”

"When you have players who are actually performing at the major-league level compared to players who are in the minor leagues -- prospects are another term for saying minor-league players. They're minor-league players. And until they're producing at the major-league level, that's what they are. Prospects are prospects"

Phillies GM Explains Why Terrible Team Didn't Get Better

Amaro blames unwilling trade partners for deadline whiff | Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia

I love Amaro's explanation of what a prospect is. That's probably what he tells his wife when she asks him to take one of the kids on a road trip with him. "Honey, when I'm on the road I have adults that I can hang out with and they actually have money and can get into the bars with me and stuff. Why would I bring a kid? Kid is another word for loser. He can't get into the bars, he never has any cash to go to the strip clubs. Until he can bring something to the table, he is what he is- a loser."

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised

I said earlier I doubted the Phillies would make any significant trades or even any marginally significant trades

Amaro either overvalued the players that other teams were asking about or overplayed his hand or both

Whatever the case may be this organization is going to be paralyzed in inaction and mediocrity as long as Amaro is at the helm

Meanwhile Lee looks like he is out for the year but have no fear Amaro picked up his replacement...

Attachments

• whoopee_cushion.jpg
    whoopee_cushion.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 47

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Boobens could have at least moved Bastardo, Lee, and Howard. But nooooo, I guess the prospects weren't minor/major league enough for this idiot or however he evaluates players and trades.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Boobens could have at least moved Bastardo, Lee, and Howard. But nooooo, I guess the prospects weren't minor/major league enough for this idiot or however he evaluates players and trades.

Maybe I'm in the minority here but in my opinion the Phillies should have done anything to get rid of the dead weight - if that means paying most of the contracts or if that means getting back a bag of chips instead of prospects then so be it

At this point the goal of trading away some of these players is not to get prospects back but rather to get these players out of the Phillies system so a complete tear down and rebuild of the team can be done

I'm not comfortable with Amaro building the team but it doesn't look like he is going anywhere any time soon so at least he can start shipping players out for peanuts

I know people are upset with the 76ers - tanking and all - but they at least seem to have a plan of what they want to do and seem to be following it

Anyways just my :2cents:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a good opinion it is Snowdog. Boobens still has the waived route to take like he did with Gwynn Jr. They could easily dump Aumont, Retardo, and even Lee since the dumbass rip the heck out of his left elbow, but I doubt Boobens is going a thing the rest of this year unless he is forced to with an injury.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a good opinion it is Snowdog. Boobens still has the waived route to take like he did with Gwynn Jr. They could easily dump Aumont, Retardo, and even Lee since the dumbass rip the heck out of his left elbow, but I doubt Boobens is going a thing the rest of this year unless he is forced to with an injury.

Waiving players is not the same as dumping. Although if no one claims them you can release them. That won't happen to players with big contracts. Waiver tactics are similar to hanging out a fishing pole. Any Bites?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I hear you Northeast. The deadline we just passed is for non-waiver trades. A team can still make a trade after that deadline but the player has to clear waivers and then the trade can be completed. We might have an advantage in that regard because I don't think anybody wants the players we should get rid of. They snap up a Byrd if we put him out there and in all likelihood we would get nothing in return. Since Lee hurt his elbow again, nobody wants him for sure and the same goes for Howard for the obvious reasons. About the only two we could waive and then trade when they clear is possibly Aumont and Bastardo. But that is a big "if". Besides, Boobens is too stupid to pull off anything that might resemble a halfway decent attempt at a rebuild.