• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A quick prospect update

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A quick update on Lightning's best young prospects

Jonathan Drouin

16 GP 12G 23A 35P

Considering no Nathan MacKinnon and no Martin Frk who were Drouin's line mates last year, Drouin seems to be doing just fine as he leads Mooseheads in points and he's missed 10 of their games this season due to injury. He ranks 4th in points in the juniors as well despite missing games, he's a stud of a prospect, can't wait to see him next year!

Andrei Vasilevski

15 GP 7W 7L 0SO 2.44 GAA, .916 SV%

Behind the stud prospect Drouin is # 2 prospect Vasilevski. Vasilevski who was outstanding all of last year is of top a shaky start in comparision to last year. I think he'll have a good year and could play in Syracuse at the back end of this year as well as next year but I think the Lightning could use him as a "major" trade chip if they want to improve the team via a trade. I think they will keep him in saying this, he's a very talented goalie with a tremendous upside, the Lightning look fine in goal for years to come thanks to Stevie Y.

Slater Koekkoek

18GP 4G 11A 15P +18

The 10th overall pick in 2012 is playing some good stuff for the Windsor Spitfires. Koekkoek has struggled with injuries the last couple of years but so far so good for Koekkoek who desperately needs to stay healthy this season. Last year Koekkoek got injured after being trading to Windsor and he was a - 24 so this is a big year for Koekkoek to showcase his abilities after what was a poor season for him last year. I really hope he can keep healthy this year, he needs as many games possible and if he keeps up his play I think Bolts will give him a long hard look in camp next year.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A quick update on Lightning's best young prospects

Jonathan Drouin

16 GP 12G 23A 35P

Considering no Nathan MacKinnon and no Martin Frk who were Drouin's line mates last year, Drouin seems to be doing just fine as he leads Mooseheads in points and he's missed 10 of their games this season due to injury. He ranks 4th in points in the juniors as well despite missing games, he's a stud of a prospect, can't wait to see him next year!

Andrei Vasilevski

15 GP 7W 7L 0SO 2.44 GAA, .916 SV%

Behind the stud prospect Drouin is # 2 prospect Vasilevski. Vasilevski who was outstanding all of last year is of top a shaky start in comparision to last year. I think he'll have a good year and could play in Syracuse at the back end of this year as well as next year but I think the Lightning could use him as a "major" trade chip if they want to improve the team via a trade. I think they will keep him in saying this, he's a very talented goalie with a tremendous upside, the Lightning look fine in goal for years to come thanks to Stevie Y.

Slater Koekkoek

18GP 4G 11A 15P +18

The 10th overall pick in 2012 is playing some good stuff for the Windsor Spitfires. Koekkoek has struggled with injuries the last couple of years but so far so good for Koekkoek who desperately needs to stay healthy this season. Last year Koekkoek got injured after being trading to Windsor and he was a - 24 so this is a big year for Koekkoek to showcase his abilities after what was a poor season for him last year. I really hope he can keep healthy this year, he needs as many games possible and if he keeps up his play I think Bolts will give him a long hard look in camp next year.
Drouin is a stud! I can't wait till he is feeding the puck to stammer! Now that we have Bishop the lightning can take there time with Vasilevski and let him start games in the AHL next season. Slater Koekkoek should be a top 2 defenseman in the AHL next season. But yes Vasilevski and Koekkoek could be added later this season for the crunch playoff run. I will say this again good luck playing the lightning in the future with Stamkos, Drouin and Nikita Kucherov leading are fire power. On top of that with Bishop and Vasilevski in net! yzerman has set this team up to contend for the next 10 to 12 years for sure.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for the 2 players each having an injury already, they look great! Hope they don't turn out like Crosby & be injury-prone! No offense to Crosby fans intended, just an analogy.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys know about Nikita Kucherov? I'll admit I don't know much about him but saw that he was leading the AHL in scoring. Vladislav Namestnikov is among the AHL leaders in scoring as well. Seems like the Lightning got a couple potential Russian stars from the 2011 draft.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys know about Nikita Kucherov? I'll admit I don't know much about him but saw that he was leading the AHL in scoring. Vladislav Namestnikov is among the AHL leaders in scoring as well. Seems like the Lightning got a couple potential Russian stars from the 2011 draft.
Nikita Kucherov would have been a top 10 pick in the 2011 nhl draft easy! but rumors were that he wanted to play in the KHL and had no interest in the NHL. So those rumors really scared a lot of GM's from drafting him. Yzerman talked Kucherov and his agent before the draft and they told yzerman those rumors were not true. So Tampa took a chance on him with there 2nd round draft pick in 2011. Namestinkov is nephew to former Detroit Red Wings Left winger Vyacheslav Koslov who was the line mate of former Detroit Red Wing and current Tampa Bay Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman. Tampa took Namestinkov with the 27th pick in the 2011 nhl draft. I think also Namestinkov went to the same highschool as steve yzerman's daughter did so they had knowledge on him. I project Kucherov to be a bit better in the nhl then Namestinkov! But I know yzerman wants to keep these guys playing together on the crunch for a full season at least.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nikita Kucherov would have been a top 10 pick in the 2011 nhl draft easy! but rumors were that he wanted to play in the KHL and had no interest in the NHL. So those rumors really scared a lot of GM's from drafting him. Yzerman talked Kucherov and his agent before the draft and they told yzerman those rumors were not true. So Tampa took a chance on him with there 2nd round draft pick in 2011. Namestinkov is nephew to former Detroit Red Wings Left winger Vyacheslav Koslov who was the line mate of former Detroit Red Wing and current Tampa Bay Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman. Tampa took Namestinkov with the 27th pick in the 2011 nhl draft. I think also Namestinkov went to the same highschool as steve yzerman's daughter did so they had knowledge on him. I project Kucherov to be a bit better in the nhl then Namestinkov! But I know yzerman wants to keep these guys playing together on the crunch for a full season at least.

Thanks for the info', makes sense why they're still on the farm in spite of the Stamkos injury. Was wondering why they didn't call up Kucherov & Namestinkov instead of Brown & Korobov, but I guess they want to see them develop.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dang, a lot of neat information here that I did not know at all! Good post! :10:

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, a lot of neat information here that I did not know at all! Good post! :10:
Ya I tell people all the time Nikita Kucherov was not a lucky second round pick the lightning scouts must have been high fiving when he fell to them. Yzerman will draft russians he is not afraid of the khl which is something I really like about him.