• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9/5 GDT Slytherin @ MKB's

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
R12XL.gif

auto spell check is a pain in the ass.....

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer to watch dominate pitching as well. Shitty pitching is hard to watch. But sometimes that's the state we're in, and it's also part of the game. In fact, it's extremely rare in Giants history to have a dominate pitching staff. Were you not a fan in those eras?

The staff is going through a bad stretch of starts, no doubt. But they're still fifth in the league in WHIP. A few weeks ago we were discussing Cain, Vogelsong, and Bumgarner getting Cy Young votes. How do you go from there to - "we deserve to collapse and gag up the division to the doyers" - after a few back to back poor starts? That kind of reasoning is something I would have expected to see from tito whenever Bochy started Nate, Cain, Posey, over Velez, Sanchez, and Molina. It's a scorched earth mentality when you can't have things your way. Not a big deal if it's confined to baseball.

1. It's more than "a few back to back poor starts," it's been pretty bad collectively for about six weeks.
2. You've selectively quoted me without the condition precedent (for effect I assume). I'll repeat: IF the SP continue to pitch like crap, THEN we deserve to gag the division up to the doyers. I don't WANT this to happen. I won't be "happy" if it does. It's not "scorched earth" wherein if the Giants SPs don't do well I HOPE the team gags. It's a simple statement: IF they suck THEN we will deserve to lose the division. There is still a chance that either a) the doyers will suck harder or b) we will outhit and outdefend our suckitude. We're built on (and have dedicated a disproportionate amount of payroll to) SP, and I've been waiting for that type of team for many years. I think it's the right way to build an org and a perennially contending team. But, that pitching has to actually not suck for a long period of time.
3. To compare that to something Tito might think (and I use that term pretty loosely) or post is pretty inflamatory and frankly beneath you.

Let's just hope the SP gets it's act together and this is an abnormally long down cycle. Then I will be harmonius with ALL of my alts, and unlikely to have to fuck off. :drum:

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1. It's more than "a few back to back poor starts," it's been pretty bad collectively for about six weeks.
2. You've selectively quoted me without the condition precedent (for effect I assume). I'll repeat: IF the SP continue to pitch like crap, THEN we deserve to gag the division up to the doyers. I don't WANT this to happen. I won't be "happy" if it does. It's not "scorched earth" wherein if the Giants SPs don't do well I HOPE the team gags. It's a simple statement: IF they suck THEN we will deserve to lose the division. There is still a chance that either a) the doyers will suck harder or b) we will outhit and outdefend our suckitude. We're built on (and have dedicated a disproportionate amount of payroll to) SP, and I've been waiting for that type of team for many years. I think it's the right way to build an org and a perennially contending team. But, that pitching has to actually not suck for a long period of time.
3. To compare that to something Tito might think (and I use that term pretty loosely) or post is pretty inflamatory and frankly beneath you.

Let's just hope the SP gets it's act together and this is an abnormally long down cycle. Then I will be harmonius with ALL of my alts, and unlikely to have to fuck off. :drum:

Yeah, I get it - I had it. My feelings about a statement like that still apply. Look at my signature "give luck a chance," i.e. if you find yourself in a lucky position, through no actually planning on your part, perhaps because you failed at something else, run with it.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I get it - I had it. My feelings about a statement like that still apply. Look at my signature "give luck a chance," i.e. if you find yourself in a lucky position, through no actually planning on your part, perhaps because you failed at something else, run with it.

Fair enough.